Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Nov 2003, 22:36 (Ref:780359)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2004 Hillclimb Dates

If I had had the patience/intelligence to learn how to create a web-site then this link would have gone there!!

Instead, here's the dates in, I hope, an easy to read form.

"2004 Hillclimb Dates

All volunteering info can be found here:

Marshals Post

Now all of you have no excuses not to join us sometime next year!!!

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 11 Nov 2003 at 22:36.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 23:37 (Ref:780415)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
cool ths...im gonna try and do some nxt year
Old 12 Nov 2003, 00:01 (Ref:780445)   #3
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Beardy359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Stu, a great help!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:13 (Ref:780876)   #4
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff, I can start planning already.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 20:28 (Ref:781376)   #5
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey!! I can say it now!!!!!

SITE UPDATED !!!!!

ok, not by much but I'm working on it!!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:38 (Ref:782644)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done, Stu. I think we should let everyone know you're learning as you're building it. In the words of Bruce Forsythe, "Hasn't he done well?"
Old 14 Nov 2003, 10:22 (Ref:782998)   #7
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am looking at doing a couple of hill climbs next year to see what its all about. In 20 yrs of marshalling I have never done a hill climb. Can anyone suggest a good meeting to do prefably a whole weekend. I would go on the bank my wife has done start line for sprints and is a MSA timekeeper.
RS
Old 14 Nov 2003, 16:37 (Ref:783406)   #8
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by rzsio396
I am looking at doing a couple of hill climbs next year to see what its all about. In 20 yrs of marshalling I have never done a hill climb. Can anyone suggest a good meeting to do prefably a whole weekend. I would go on the bank my wife has done start line for sprints and is a MSA timekeeper.
RS
I would aim for either Gurston Down (Salisbury), Prescott (Cheltenham) or Shelsley Walsh (Worcester), for my very first meeting. All three hills usually have two National Rounds a year, those six meetings would rank as the not to be missed rounds for next year if you take a liking to Hill Climb.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 18:02 (Ref:783465)   #9
alec
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by b1ackcr0w
I would aim for either Gurston Down (Salisbury), Prescott (Cheltenham) or Shelsley Walsh (Worcester), for my very first meeting. All three hills usually have two National Rounds a year, those six meetings would rank as the not to be missed rounds for next year if you take a liking to Hill Climb.
I did my first meeting at the Testing Day at Gurston this April. Not sure if there's one again this year. A good intro as it's not quite so frantic as a regular meeting.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 21:26 (Ref:783659)   #10
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Barbon?
Can,t be many hillclimbs were the postie gets a time.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 21:52 (Ref:783683)   #11
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by flagwaver
What about Barbon?
Can,t be many hillclimbs were the postie gets a time.
Barbon's date is now included. But how many of you spotted the "deliberate mistake" ????

"Clue": Midland Rounds?

and I know you lot cannot cheat as I've rectified the error !!!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 22:18 (Ref:783708)   #12
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
RS
HaHa !!! another convert.

We will rule the World!!!!

but seriously rzsio, what do you look for in a "good" meeting? (in no particular order)

Good View?
Good Facilities?
Being Real Close? (to the cars @ High-Speed)
History?
Freebies?
Social Side?

let me know and then I (and others) will be able to guide you accordingly.

Whatever your needs or desires, I know the Hillclimb Fraternity will welcome you with open arms and cans/bottles!!!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 23:02 (Ref:783756)   #13
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
I am looking at doing a couple of hill climbs next year to see what its all about.
but before you go rushing off with your volunteering forms........

maybe you need to take a look at this gallery to see what you might be letting yourself in for !!!

Hillclimb Fun!!

p.s. how many 10-Tenters can anyone name and shame????

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 14 Nov 2003 at 23:03.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 23:14 (Ref:783770)   #14
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
I do not look for anything ao particulat in a meeting but alot of circuit stuff is getting very boring and I am looking for other interests to get involved in.
RS
Old 15 Nov 2003, 00:45 (Ref:783842)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can name all of them now, but at the time I wasn't even sure who I was.

Mr 396, pm me if you like. I'd agree with B1ackcr0w's round up. Camping is besr at Gurston (GIT village), partying at Prescott (Dickie's Erection) and free beer at Shelsley. whichever you do - and I'd suggest at least one national round at each - you'll get w friendly welcome, and you should meet quite a number of us.

And Stu, I think I'd got the bugette. If you check my e-mail to you, it was in there! Despite that, ut's a brilliant first effort.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 00:57 (Ref:783852)   #16
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
I can name all of them now, but at the time I wasn't even sure who I was.

Mr 396, pm me if you like. I'd agree with B1ackcr0w's round up. Camping is besr at Gurston (GIT village), partying at Prescott (Dickie's Erection) and free beer at Shelsley. whichever you do - and I'd suggest at least one national round at each - you'll get w friendly welcome, and you should meet quite a number of us.

And Stu, I think I'd got the bugette. If you check my e-mail to you, it was in there! Despite that, ut's a brilliant first effort.
Me thinks that someone has been partaking of the falling-down water !!!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 01:03 (Ref:783856)   #17
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Yeah right!!!

Like I even received an email !!!!

Don't know what you're drinking but..........

can I have some tomorrow?????
Old 15 Nov 2003, 01:23 (Ref:783874)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Nithing wrung wtih the flailing dwon wtaer, juts my tryping's poor after dark!

The e-mail was about 4 days ago...
Old 15 Nov 2003, 18:00 (Ref:784426)   #19
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Thanks for the info guys, we will look at doing a couple of hill climbs for defanante at a couple of different locations.
Rich S.