Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Jun 2006, 02:45 (Ref:1638773)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tipping Contest Overhaul?

I just thought i'd get some discussion on whether people think we should upgrade the points system for the tipping contest?

My thoughts were something like a 'pick the top 3'
ie:
Rossi, Kallio, Gobert

And if the race result is:
Rossi, Kallio, Gobert
- You get 3 for rossi, 2 for Kallio and one for gobert.
but if the race result is:
Rossi, Gobert, Kallio
- You get 3 for Rossi, one for Gobert, one for Kallio

So in summary 3 points for first, 2 for second and one for third. Also one additional point for a podium getter who is not 'in position' as you listed.

Advantages: Due to the bizzare nature of this seasons championship it means that all thoose "My Guy finished 2nd!" results will still net you some points, also it means that it is still possible for the 'skilled' tipper to be rewarded for his 'talents'.

Also possibly changing the entry rules so that you can enter up until the start of the race would be a good idea, and it applys for all races, ie: If I forget and the 125s have started, I can still enter the 250s and 990s.

Anyway, just my thoughts, it'll probably come down to Schummy's shoice, or popular opinion.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1638810)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with that and was thinking a very similar thing at work yesterday (boring day had plenty of time to think)

I would be right up there in the points if this were the case.

maybe we leave it be for this season and start next season with revised rules though just so people know whats going on ?

But im all for it
Old 22 Jun 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1639016)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or we could start the INDY TIPPING LEAGUE.

Old 22 Jun 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1639252)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!

It is difficult to believe but I ALSO thought about it last week

I like the current system, but I was pondering alternatives. I have used a podium system for another game about F1.

I would put a poll with three choices FOR THIS SEASON'S AUTUMN CUP (I let the poll thread opening to Hazza or another mod). For changes for next season we have time to make decisions in another poll.

1) Go on with current system.
2) Drop the current system and change to podium system
3) Make two different games: current and podium system

Of course, independently of all this, always there is the possibility for another new game with whatever rules the organizer wants to propose, but this is an issue not directly related with Autumn Cup. A priori more games could imply more fun

I could host poll choices (1) or (2). For choice (3) I would need help to host the two games.

An advantage of having two cups in one season is we can do fast decisions without wait to next season.

===========================
The podium system I could host would be as follows:

You guess the three first position in race. For instance: Lorenzo, Dovi, Poggiali.
If Lorenzo wins, you get 3 points
If Lorenzo gets 2nd, you get 2 points.
If Lorenzo gets 3rd, you get 1 point.
If Dovi wins or gets 2nd, you get 2 points.
If Dovi gets 3rd, you get 1 point.
If Poggiali gets 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you gets 1 point.
Maximum score is 6 points in case you guess the podium exactly.
===========================
Old 23 Jun 2006, 05:54 (Ref:1639526)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont think we need 2 seperate games going , it just gets confusing (I know Im confused in the Champcar forum with the predictions comp and the fantasy comp)

I think 1 wizz bang game should be enough , but we just need to agree on what structure it should take.

Dont get me wrong Schummy I like your game , its great fun (allthough I also get confused with summer , autumn , winter cups , I try to concentrate on the whole season as one cup )

but really when we look at it there were a few rounds where no one got points , and really for a competition like this that is unacceptable , we need people earning points every round to move the game along each and every race meeting.
so thats why I think an overhaul is needed , but in what form we are obviously yet to agree upon.

Come on folks gives us your opinion
Old 23 Jun 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1639577)   #6
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd probably prefer to expand the game to points for podiums. (but not yet while I'm still in the hunt for the current game ).

I like Schummy's system but would be ok with any system which pays the first 3 places.

On a different note, I would like to see each round of the competition kept in a single thread rather than a separate thread for each round. I think this would make the competition flow better and would allow you to look back at past results/comments etc without having to search multiple threads. You also wouldn't need to post the rules etc for each round, just once at the start of the comp. If the mods stick the thread it will stay at the top for the season.

Schummy, if you need help to run the comp(s), I'm happy to assist.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1639747)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I too woudnt like to have 2 competitons. I feel it would improve the championship if the game followed the same format that other predictions competitions follow here on ten-tenths. Something like this.

125 Pole Sitter, and then predict the top 3 in the 125 race. Give 5 points to those who correctly predict the pole sitter and if a rider finishes in the top 3 where you predict give 3 points, if the rider does finish in the top 3 but not where you predict you get 1 point. Also I would suggest predicting the rider who produces the fastest race lap, those who are correct get say 1 point.

Personally I think that format would work across all 3 classes. It is a bit more complicated than what we have now but it would work well. IMO.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 23 Jun 2006 at 12:07.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 22:59 (Ref:1640094)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I actually quite enjoy the contest as it is to be honest, as rubbish as I am at it.

If you do change it, fix it so I can win.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 23:37 (Ref:1640101)   #9
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
fix it so I can win.

HERE HERE
Old 24 Jun 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1640170)   #10
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 points for Pole is too much imho

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jun 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1640210)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay maybe 3 points for pole for each class instead of 5?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1640640)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
so that would mean we obviously have to get our pics in before the race weekend , which would make it that little bit harder again.

I kinda like that we can have a look at the grid at the moment and try and guess who will win from that.
But hey if everyone wants to go before quali then thats fine with me
Old 25 Jun 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1640684)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Maybe we could have a "Test" weekend

Pick a race in the next few rounds where we try different things to see how they work and try and get all our ducks in a row for season 07 ?

not that 06 is a wasted year just that by rnd 1 next year I would love to see this competition fully working and everyone know whats going on
Old 25 Jun 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1640699)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Just run a seperate trial next round with motoGp, as usual but I'll run a test with the new Schummy system an d we'll see how it goes.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1640809)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Ok that sounds fine with me

Anyone else that would like to contribute to this ???