Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 28 Oct 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1752302)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
No more Monte Carlo!

I heard it on NASCAR Performance, Chevrolet will make their 2007 car the Impala SS, and Dodge will run a new Avenger.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1752473)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, The COOT will be a the Impala, while the last races in the normal car will be Monte Carlo.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1752699)   #3
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Impala looks basically the same IMO, I had read somewhere that the road car was RWD, but doesn't seem so, everywhere I've lookd says the Impala SS has the same 303hp FWD V8 that the Monte Carlo SS does.

actually just had a look again, the only main difference is that the Monte Carlo is a Coupe and the Impala is a Sedan, kind of a silly change since Nascar cars' bodyshape appears to be a Coupe/2 door (yes I know they don't have doors :P)

The Dodge Avenger is great looking car IMO, it should be coming to Australia, pity it's FWD, I did hear plans of a RWD V8 though... again a little silly since it's a 4 door fwd rather than the 2 door rwd Charger, but I guess it's all about marketing.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 29 Oct 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1752715)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't think it will make any difference (execept for the decals)
Old 31 Oct 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1754470)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dodge has denied rumours suggesting they are introducing the Avenger for next season. Guess we'll see how that one plays out.

The Impala SS will, as mentioned above, be used in 16 races next year. I assume they will keep the Monte Carlo for the non-CoT races of 2008 as well meaning the Impala SS will be used in 26 races in 2008 and then full time in 2009.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1754816)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
The Impala SS will, as mentioned above, be used in 16 races next year. I assume they will keep the Monte Carlo for the non-CoT races of 2008 as well meaning the Impala SS will be used in 26 races in 2008 and then full time in 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Yeah, The COOT will be a the Impala, while the last races in the normal car will be Monte Carlo.

Old 1 Nov 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1754906)   #7
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Chevy is phasing out the real life Monte Carlo in favor of the new Camaro? It'd be sweet if they brought the Camaro back.

J.D.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1755011)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza

You didn't mention how many races the CoT would be used in though, so I just wanted to pad your post with some additional info
Old 1 Nov 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1755012)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
I wonder if Chevy is phasing out the real life Monte Carlo in favor of the new Camaro? It'd be sweet if they brought the Camaro back.

J.D.
There are rumours NASCAR is looking at replacing the cars in the Busch Series with smaller, 'sportier' models such as the Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger, Chevrolet Camaro and Toyota Solara around 2010, which could tie in quite nicely with an official reintroduction, rather than keeping it as a concept car, of the Chevrolet Camaro.

EDIT - My bad, seems the reintroduction of the Camaro was confirmed on August 10th already. It will go on sale in early 2009.

Last edited by rustyfan; 1 Nov 2006 at 07:40.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1755163)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Broing back V6 Busch cars is all I have to say now!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1755176)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
You didn't mention how many races the CoT would be used in though, so I just wanted to pad your post with some additional info
My bad.