Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Nov 2004, 00:53 (Ref:1155592)   #101
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Niki Lauda seems to be touting DC as " a good solution ".
Old 17 Nov 2004, 03:05 (Ref:1155627)   #102
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Lauda's stewardship of Jaguar Racing being a shining success.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 03:07 (Ref:1155628)   #103
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Hmm. My previous post suggests a disdain for Niki Lauda, which is not the case. I respect and admire his achievements as a driver, as a businessman and as a human being. However, as a team boss, I fear he began to think that saying something outrageous equated to saying something brave and important, and I don't think that was the case.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 03:45 (Ref:1155637)   #104
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
No, there is not, Luke.

One supplier must be able to supply up to 60% of the grid if requested.

There's no maximum.
Don't mean to sound pedantic, but, if a trye supplier must be able to supply upto 60% , then there is a maximum, (i.e 60%) :confused:
Old 17 Nov 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1155744)   #105
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually V, you're wrong. The MINIMUM they have to be able to supply, if requested, is 60%. there is no maximum.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1155749)   #106
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what i interpret, a tyre manufacturer who supplies less than 60% of the grid cannot refuse a team's request for tyres.

On the otherhand, a tyre manufacturer can supply as many teams as they can..even if it's the whole field.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1156930)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And with BMW.Williams, Sauber, McLaren, Toyota, Renault, BAR, on FrogRubber, and Ferrari, Minardi and Jordan on Bridgestones, Michelin cannot be forced to supply RedBull if called upon to do so under that arrangement.

A customer Cosworth without a works development budget will not make substantially better use of the rubber than a Minardi anyway
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods