Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Mar 2001, 01:46 (Ref:74478)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if ferrari are running 1-2 towards the end of the brazilian gp with schumi leading rubens - would schumi pull aside and let rubens win his home gp.......
Old 26 Mar 2001, 01:49 (Ref:74479)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........
Old 26 Mar 2001, 02:45 (Ref:74489)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
No.....Should he move over,I don't think so

Last edited by JeremySmith; 26 Mar 2001 at 02:46.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 02:53 (Ref:74490)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Can anyone hear Hell freezing over, or see pigs flying backwards.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 03:31 (Ref:74491)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that with the new found love and respect that is palpable within the Ferrari Team that Michael would view pulling over to let Rubens win his home GP as an act that would be good for Rubens, good for Michael (PR wise), good for the team, good for the sport and mostly good for mankind (or womankind depending on your gender)as we know it.

The great humanitarian, Michael Schumacher, the man who is most like Mother Theresa, the man sure to be Cannonised for the multitude of selfless acts he has demonstrated over the years. The man whose peers never utter a bad word about.

Of such a man, acts of pure alturism are accepted as par for the course.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 04:19 (Ref:74495)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If TGF received a message over his radio that Brazilian terrorists had a battery of shoulder-fired stinger missiles targeted on his car and would blow him to Hades if he didn't move over and let Rubens win, would TGF move over and let Rubens win?

NO.

Not only that, but after TGF and his Ferrari became a smoking pile of shrapnel (G-d forbid this should happen), and Rubens won ... in a last act of "respect" for TGF:

Rubens would be disqualified, and TGF would break yet another record by becoming the second pilot to receive the WDC postumously, three races into the season.

Formula One would then be disbanded.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 04:37 (Ref:74501)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well said amoffat......do you people remember when the great ayrton senna moved over and let gerhard berger win the japanese gp, sure the championship was over.....personally, i hope rubens grows some balls and takes schumi out, ferrari need some tension like the old piquet/mansell days at williams or senna/prost days at mclaren.....
Old 26 Mar 2001, 07:16 (Ref:74515)   #8
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think Rubens would want to win that way.
But, there is no chance that Schumacher would do that this early in the season.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 11:01 (Ref:74531)   #9
aadpack
Rookie

aadpack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher ?

Never, never, never.

And in the end of the season Schumacher needs two points to get the championtitle.

Thats a risk he will never take.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 14:03 (Ref:74554)   #10
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahahaha. Well I think TGF will not even consider looking in his mirrors for rubens. I also think that if rubens wants to win he will have to take Shumi off the track and make it a perfect 3 for 3.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 17:20 (Ref:74583)   #11
Maximum F1
Racer

Maximum F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a chance...
1) Too Early
2) It wouldn't be a true victory
3) Rubens has expressed his wishes to race Schumacher this season quite openly so I can't see Schumacher letting Barrichello get too close to him in the points standings
4) Like I said in my Predictions for Brazil...he is going to crash out after he tries to nerf someone else off!!!
Old 26 Mar 2001, 18:10 (Ref:74590)   #12
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, he says that he doesn't care about GP winning record, but I think it's pure B.S., so I don't think he gives the Victory to RB if this situation comes to reality.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 18:17 (Ref:74593)   #13
Jordan
Rookie

Jordan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see him letting his brother through in Spain last year so WHY would he let through Rubens???
Old 26 Mar 2001, 18:30 (Ref:74597)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RB is brazilian...
RS isn't spanish.
That's why this Post came to gomick's mind, I guess.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 18:37 (Ref:74598)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moffat, you are my hero.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 19:09 (Ref:74606)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
if ferrari are running 1-2 towards the end of the brazilian gp with schumi leading rubens - would schumi pull aside and let rubens win his home gp.......

Oh, how I love 10 Tenths. You guys crack me up sometimes...
Old 26 Mar 2001, 22:45 (Ref:74636)   #17
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I like Rubens, but I think that driving for Ferrari has maybe gotten to his head just a little. All this "I am the equal to Schumi" and "I am a champioship contender" stuff is just a bit silly. He should let his driving do the talking instead of his mouth.

As for TGF letting Rubens win. Well he did help Rubens to to finish on the podium in Spain(holding up his brother in the process) but that was only because he had an ailing car. If he was leading the race with a healthy car then I think there is no way he would even think about mouving over to let Rubens win. Besides, it's too early in the season anyway.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 23:50 (Ref:74646)   #18
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Another time...Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....
Old 27 Mar 2001, 06:15 (Ref:74682)   #19
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Muffy - you are a legend

My first reaction? Not a chance in burning hell - the word ruthless comes to mind.

To take a different tac from the posts above, I would think that the major reason this would never happen is not due to driver heart or friendship, nor team orders. It would not happen because the FIA will never let a repeat performance of the Australian GP some years back happen again (Coulthard V Mika). It sent the bookies and betting fraternity into a complete nightmare. Betting is big business, and unless things like this are done in a VERY subtle way, there is no chance it is going to happen again. (My point being - Ferrari/TGF dont know the word subtle)
Old 27 Mar 2001, 12:32 (Ref:74719)   #20
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There could be a valid practicle reason for Michael to pull over and let Rubens "the contented" win the Brazilian GP. As told in F1 News, last year the leading cars had to contend with stray dogs on the track (I will not editorialise on this, having seen the glory of Brazilian womanhood in Bononi's thread in the gravel trap) and banners falling onto the track (I can think of nothing that could be construed as being remotely funny about this - so what else is new right?).

Anyway, the point is being second on the track could mean you miss the obstacles and end up winning. Latin pride is maintained, because Rubens would have won, right? The WDC stays with Michael the Magnaminous. Bernie's happy, the punters are spewing and the song remains the same.
Old 28 Mar 2001, 12:19 (Ref:74932)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After all the evil things TGF said about Frenzy when he spilled the beans that Ferrari is in fact using traction control, he ought to let Frenzy win.

However, Ralf is going to win this race. It is written.
Old 28 Mar 2001, 13:38 (Ref:74953)   #22
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

You seem very sure Ralf will win this race. I think Michelin is the factor to decide this. In that case i really hopw Ralf will win, because then I would have no doubt to see Alesi score some points.
Don't you think so too, Liz?...Or hope so...lol.
Old 29 Mar 2001, 02:25 (Ref:75164)   #23
Liz
Veteran

If we can only wait til Spain when TC is legal, Jean Alesi will shine like the best of them.

Or if it rains in Brazil, perhaps. Ralf will win either Brazil or Imola. But I think Brazil, myself.
Old 29 Mar 2001, 03:57 (Ref:75177)   #24
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A win from Ralfie is long overdue indeed. I sure hope your right Liz, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 29 Mar 2001, 06:21 (Ref:75189)   #25
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
If TGF received a message over his radio that Brazilian terrorists had a battery of shoulder-fired stinger missiles targeted on his car and would blow him to Hades if he didn't move over and let Rubens win, would TGF move over and let Rubens win?

NO.

True traits of a Legend.