Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 May 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3081324)   #26
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I think a dentist just died
(or got $$ in his/hers eyes)
At least he didn't use Coke or some other fizzy drink!
Old 29 May 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3081325)   #27
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
At least he didn't use Coke or some other fizzy drink!
What kind of Beer do you drink!? (Fizzy being the key term)
Old 29 May 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3081330)   #28
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Fizzy drink means 'drink with bubbles' and yes, that could also mean beer!

I'll bring some Bitburger, Duvel and Gueuze over to LM (and not to brush my teeth with!)

OT: Gueuze is sourish tasting and is very refreshing in the hot weather we'll be having during raceweek!
Old 29 May 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3081360)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
coke? no on the way down we brought cases of beer and nothing else so beer was all we had
Old 29 May 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3081391)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, water is absolutely essential - too much beer too soon and I have zero chance of staying awake during the night!
Old 29 May 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3081396)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am not the same person I was 25 years ago the drink is not consumed in more modest amounts
Old 29 May 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3081398)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I heard you were taking it intravenously these days.........
Old 29 May 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3081403)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
no the insulin goes in that way the booze goes in the traditional way but just not as much as it used to
Old 29 May 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3081517)   #34
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
coke? no on the way down we brought cases of beer and nothing else so beer was all we had
Cocaine would help one stay up all 24, but you may forget who you are cheering for, and be attracted to anyone blasting hardcore Euro beats in the camping ground at 3 AM.

I watched my first Le Mans in... 2007? I think. I have never been, but plan to one day. My issue is I get amped up on Friday, and wind up sleeping 3-4 hours that night only, then I gotta get up at 8 AM EST to watch the race start at 9.

I will make it until I am fairly delirious at 4 or 5 am, then wake up for the last hour. Pretty sad for a young man... I am weak.

When I attend, maybe being on my feet and constantly assaulted by various stimulation (and the help of a lot of caffeine) may even make it easier to make it all the way through?

For those that tough it out the full 24 or 30 say, what happens at 4 or 5 PM CET when the race is over? 12-14 hour sleep then a drive home?
Old 29 May 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3081535)   #35
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hah, in the above post I forgot this was the weather thread, not the staying awake thread.

Ayse, I must risk your wrath.

Has there been a time when the R word has happened on race day where it enhanced the experience for you in any way?
Old 30 May 2012, 04:58 (Ref:3081608)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Hah, in the above post I forgot this was the weather thread, not the staying awake thread.

Ayse, I must risk your wrath.

Has there been a time when the R word has happened on race day where it enhanced the experience for you in any way?

Well, we need to try and keep on-topic, but I'm as bad at that as everyone else this time of year....

To answer your question - no. The ONLY time I've ever wished it would rain harder was last year on Sunday afternoon. Despite the closeness of the two leading cars, I just knew the all-out fight we all wanted to see wasn't going to happen and I thought that a bit more rain might spice it up. Every other time it's rained at Le Mans has definitely been against my wishes.
Old 30 May 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3081618)   #37
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I just knew the all-out fight we all wanted to see wasn't going to happen and I thought that a bit more rain might spice it up. Every other time it's rained at Le Mans has definitely been against my wishes.
Bold added for emphasis.

Can you ban yourself?
Old 30 May 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3081642)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I consider myself strongly admonished......
Old 30 May 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3081724)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think you need to warn yourself about the use of the r word in that post
Old 30 May 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3081734)   #40
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think you need to warn yourself about the use of the r word in that post
Maybe Ayse should just lock the thread, delete all the posts, and post 7 days of sunshine as the forecast for the week on the only reaming post in the thread.

It will save us all from hundreds of bans, and tireless hours of pro/anti-R word debate.
Old 30 May 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3081736)   #41
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I was referring to this:

And not to this:

Old 30 May 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3081743)   #42
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have to agree with Ayse that I was looking for a bit of rain last year. It really added to the tension down at Arnage.
Old 30 May 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3082060)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, but I've recovered from that minor mental aberration now..... I'm back on the 'week of solid sunshine' bandwagon now....
Old 30 May 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3082162)   #44
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
'week of solid sunshine' .. now....
Certainly looks that way

Old 31 May 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3082654)   #45
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post

When I attend, maybe being on my feet and constantly assaulted by various stimulation (and the help of a lot of caffeine) may even make it easier to make it all the way through?
ask the techno-music community! ;-)
Old 6 Jun 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3086193)   #46
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Next year I'll stay away from any meteo related sites, because longterm predictions are b.s. A few weeks ago the prediction was sun, sun and some more sun. Later it became r..., r... and more r... And now, one day before departure, half of the days are sunny again. Probably will be sunny all days in a few days time...
Old 6 Jun 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3086194)   #47
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Next year I'll stay away from any meteo related sites, because longterm predictions are b.s. A few weeks ago the prediction was sun, sun and some more sun. Later it became r..., r... and more r... And now, one day before departure, half of the days are sunny again. Probably will be sunny all days in a few days time...
Think this year's Indy 500. Think this year's Indy 500. 13 days of track action, not a single minute of interruption from the r-word.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3086253)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite a few of the sites hinting at decent weather with a few showers thrown in earlier in the week. Might be a bit easier to hammer those tent pegs in.

Also quite a few suggesting rain on the Sunday.

We shall see. I've just sourced two types of umbrella so that should ensure the sun sticks around.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3086391)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We have a 100% guarantee from the oracle (Ayse) that it will be sunny all week
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3086435)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep.