Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 23 Nov 2023, 20:50 (Ref:4187046)   #1
bigears
Racer

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
bigears should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1986-1990 Birmingham Superprix timesheets

Hello, I am researching about the Birmingham Superprix (a street circuit that took place in the roads of Birmingham) I am lookbig for timesheets of every practice, qualifying sessions and races that took place in Birmingham.

I am wondering if anyone got any copies of the official timesheets? I got all of the British magazines and newspapers that covered the races at the Superprix but they usually publish a small snippet of qualifying and the top 10 race results. I am looking for the full details of the timesheets.

I hope someone will help me out here. Thank you.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4187047)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi, which sub-forum would you like this in?

Let’s just have one thread. Thanks

Good luck in your quest. I had a poster of this event back in the day.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4187125)   #3
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigears View Post
Hello, I am researching about the Birmingham Superprix (a street circuit that took place in the roads of Birmingham) I am lookbig for timesheets of every practice, qualifying sessions and races that took place in Birmingham.

I am wondering if anyone got any copies of the official timesheets? I got all of the British magazines and newspapers that covered the races at the Superprix but they usually publish a small snippet of qualifying and the top 10 race results. I am looking for the full details of the timesheets.

I hope someone will help me out here. Thank you.
I was there with our two F5000s for the Libre non-races and know I have the timesheets for them in the loft! However, I won't be able to access them till next week! Have I not sent copies before, though?
Old 24 Nov 2023, 20:16 (Ref:4187177)   #4
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the events were organised by the BRSCC? Of the three major clubs (BARC, BRDC and BRSCC) they are by far the hardest to track down results data from. They seem to have handed the archive data over and then it got forgotten about (or did MSV take it on and then forget about it...)?
Old 27 Nov 2023, 13:42 (Ref:4187526)   #5
bigears
Racer

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barry View Post
I was there with our two F5000s for the Libre non-races and know I have the timesheets for them in the loft! However, I won't be able to access them till next week! Have I not sent copies before, though?
Yes, I got your timesheers of the 1986 Formula Libre qualifying session, it was very helpful!

I am looking for tthe qualifying and race timesheets for the other support races:

1988-1990 Porsche (Porsche Club GB and Porsche Production)

1990 TVR Tuscan Challenge support race

1988 Metro 6R4 Challenge support race and a few more but I will focus on those races I mentioned above.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4187529)   #6
bigears
Racer

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Abbott View Post
I believe the events were organised by the BRSCC? Of the three major clubs (BARC, BRDC and BRSCC) they are by far the hardest to track down results data from. They seem to have handed the archive data over and then it got forgotten about (or did MSV take it on and then forget about it...)?
I have been in touch with all of them and they said their archives doesn't go far as the 1980s or the Birmingham Superprix wasn't seemed important.

Also the race results were stored on floppy disks which ended up in a skip not long ago.

I will wait until the New Year and I will ask all of them again and maybe different people with fresh eyes/different perspectives might dig up something.

At the moment, I have resorted to contacting the old drivers and team and no luck so far.