Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Dec 2022, 17:35 (Ref:4138318)   #276
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Convertible cars allowed, in other words cabriolets?
Old 27 Dec 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4138322)   #277
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Convertible cars allowed, in other words cabriolets?
No, I know they did have some convertible races between 1956-62 (they had a Convertible division but that not the answer I was looking for. Apparently NASCAR ran convertible (hood down) because they thought the fans would like to see the drivers. Roll cages were allowed but not required.
Old 28 Dec 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4138338)   #278
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Front wheel drive? On board disc brakes? Part of the body in GRP?
Old 28 Dec 2022, 10:09 (Ref:4138343)   #279
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Front wheel drive? On board disc brakes? Part of the body in GRP?
The remaining part of the question is not to do with the mechanicals or spec of the car.

It is more to do with a particular on the NASCAR race entry list at one of the Euro car included races. A first time it had happened in NASCAR, but common in European and other non NASCAR races.
Old 28 Dec 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4138359)   #280
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Has to do with special venues, like Wendell Scott?
Old 28 Dec 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4138360)   #281
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
OK time for the cant fail clue.... the one that makes it obvious. Its a characteristic of endurance or longer races like Le Mans, Spa 24 hrs, Bathurst 1000. Something they have that a shorter sprint race generally doesnt. A non mechanical item often changed in pitstops of endurance races.
Old 28 Dec 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4138366)   #282
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its driver or gazoline… Tires are mechanical.
Old 28 Dec 2022, 15:53 (Ref:4138367)   #283
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Its driver or gazoline… Tires are mechanical.
Yes its the driver.
The Langhorne 200 mile race was the first time a relief / 2nd driver was nominated on a team / car entry for a NASCAR race.
The entry by Eddy Ganache, “a prominent sportsman from Quebec” entered a car with two nominated drivers
NASCAR accepted the entry without delay, indeed suggesting the two driver concept might be profitably adopted by others.
Norm Brioux was to be given the task of qualifying the car in Saturdays time trials and starting the “200” on the Sunday, with the second driver Lloyd Shaw on hand as the relief driver.
The Canadians believed the gruelling race and the expected heat at Langhorne for the race weekend would be too much for one man hence the second driver ‘insurance’

Info source: http://racersreunioncom.jamroomhosti...911_photos.png
Old 28 Dec 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4138368)   #284
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done, lot of research. Thanks!
Old 29 Dec 2022, 04:42 (Ref:4138396)   #285
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Citroen did also manage to achieve something else as well in that Crown America 500 on June 1, 1958 (at Riverside)
That achievement was that despite finishing 18th and 19th the leading Citroen did win its class. Not sure what class that was, whether it was up to 2 litres or maybe even a front wheel drive class, but regardless of what class it they got the trophy.

As for the next question, It is between Chillibowl, rbs, crm and Gerard, all who answered at least one part correctly, so, first in first served as they say.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 07:01 (Ref:4138397)   #286
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just while the last parts of the NASCAR question are being contemplated - I'll jump in with the next question:

During Lap 47 of the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix a new record was set for F1. The previous record was almost broken at the 2013 Australian Grand Prix, but not quite. What was the previous record, and how long did it stand for?
I think it got lost amongst the NASCAR stuff.....
Old 29 Dec 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4138400)   #287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Has it got something to do with the first race of the season?
Old 29 Dec 2022, 08:47 (Ref:4138401)   #288
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Has it got something to do with the first race of the season?
Not specifically about the first race of the season.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4138406)   #289
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
The previous record was somewhere between between 101 and 105klms and stood for 23,807 days (65 years, 2 months and 7 days)
Someone else might like to add what the record relates to.

Last edited by E.B; 29 Dec 2022 at 10:48.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4138408)   #290
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The previous record was somewhere between between 101 and 105klms and stood for 23,807 days (65 years, 2 months and 7 days)
Old 29 Dec 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4138410)   #291
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This is a fascinating question!

101-105km is 20 laps, and so I am assuming it is something that is relevant from lap 27-47 in Bahrain.

65 years, 2 months and 7 days before Bahrain 2022 was the 1957 Argentinean Grand Prix.

The laps were 3.9km so if it was 101-105kms that is 26 laps of this race.

I am still stumped!
Old 29 Dec 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4138413)   #292
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
This is a fascinating question! I am still stumped!
+ 1. is it related to the number of laps achieved by the leader of the race. Something like Hamilton vs Schumacher vs Fangio?
Old 29 Dec 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4138414)   #293
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something related to the safety car or restart?

Richard
Old 29 Dec 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4138419)   #294
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
BTCC Frog is on the right thinking with looking at the 1957 Argentine GP.

The classification of those two races might help?
Old 29 Dec 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4138420)   #295
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
+ 1. is it related to the number of laps achieved by the leader of the race. Something like Hamilton vs Schumacher vs Fangio?
The leader was on lap 47 in Bahrain, but it wasn't them who set the record.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 17:52 (Ref:4138433)   #296
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The classification of those two races might help?
This is another question? It will be answered when we'll know the answer to your question. Just noticed that Fangio and friends drove during more than three hours.
Glad EB made it, and I wont tell you on how many strange tracks I sent myself…
Old 29 Dec 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4138435)   #297
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
This is another question? It will be answered when we'll know the answer to your question. Just noticed that Fangio and friends drove during more than three hours.
Glad EB made it, and I wont tell you on how many strange tracks I sent myself…
The answer to the question might be revealed if you look at the classification of the 1957 Argentine GP and 2022 Bahrain GP.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 18:11 (Ref:4138436)   #298
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks crm, unfortunately I already did it thanks to BTCCfrog. Still lost. Je donne ma langue au chat, cat got my tongue… Where is RB?

Last edited by Gerard C; 29 Dec 2022 at 18:21.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4138440)   #299
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, it has to do with Pierre Gasly, right? He retired from the race at lap 47. He was the furtherst into a season before retiring. Idem Collins in 57. If I'm correct, what a strange record…

Last edited by Gerard C; 29 Dec 2022 at 18:56.
Old 29 Dec 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4138443)   #300
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
OK, it has to do with Pierre Gasly, right? He retired from the race at lap 47. He was the furtherst into a season before retiring. If I'm correct, what a strange record…

Yes, the previous record for most laps before the first retirement of the year had stood since 1957. The 1957 season began with the Argentine Grand Prix, held at Autódromo de Buenos Aires Oscar y Juan Gálvez. In that race, Peter Collins was the first driver to retire, with his Ferrari car encountering clutch issues after 27 laps. In 1957, Collins completed around 105km before retiring, while Gasly was over 238km into the Bahrain Grand Prix before his car set alight.