Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2760700)   #1
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dyson/Mazda/BP Dilemma (thread closed)

This is just barely sports car racing related, but this weekend is SevenStock, the biggest Mazda Rotary show in the world. It's held in Irvine, CA not far from where I live. I'll be going down with a buddy in his RX-7.

I have a Dyson/Mazda/BP crew shirt and I'm wondering if you guys think I'll be massively harrassed at the Mazda show for wearing a Mazda shirt that also has BP on it (rather large BP logos...).

This is the shirt I have:

Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 17 Sep 2010 at 05:05.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 05:05 (Ref:2760705)   #2
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If people give you a hard time, it's because they are idiots. Just wear the shirt if you want to, and ignore what your typical dumb person has to say.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 05:10 (Ref:2760706)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
If people give you a hard time, it's because they are idiots. Just wear the shirt if you want to, and ignore what your typical dumb person has to say.
Yeah, its not like there is something profane or offensive on the shirt, if people still have a problem with the shirt, well thats their concern, not yours, wear it and go have a good time at Sevenstock, I've never been, but I've seen some pics from the last event, looks like a nice gathering.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2760854)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would wait till I got to the show to put it on. If any Prius driver saw you wearing it, it could get ugly.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2760970)   #5
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm... Don't you believe commenting on people who are maybe peeved at that brand for losing their basics of their very existence is a little bit to harsh...?

Old 17 Sep 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2760987)   #6
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just hide behind the guy wearing a Union Carbide Corporation shirt.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2760990)   #7
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Hmm... Don't you believe commenting on people who are maybe peeved at that brand for losing their basics of their very existence is a little bit to harsh...?

Not at all, If you have a legitimate problem with the whole situation and how BP handled it then go directly to the source instead of harassing someone wearing a shirt with their logo. Giving someone a hard time for wearing that shirt would just make you an A-hole, and achieves nothing.

Last edited by fiend540; 17 Sep 2010 at 18:41.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2760998)   #8
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not at all, If you have a legitimate problem with the whole situation and how BP handled it then go directly to the source instead of harassing someone wearing a shirt with their logo. Giving someone a hard time for wearing that shirt would just make you an A-hole, and achieves nothing.
x 2!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 06:02 (Ref:2761111)   #9
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Therefore 750,000 A-holes at today's football (proper football, round ball) matches in GB...
Old 18 Sep 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2761181)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat View Post
Therefore 750,000 A-holes at today's football (proper football, round ball) matches in GB...

Explain?

I'm close to closing this thread, by the way.....
Old 18 Sep 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2761210)   #11
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Explain?

...ok, here we go, if I must...

...anybody in a Rangers shirt if you love the Celtic
Anybody in a City shirt if you're a fan of Utd
At every footy ground across the UK anybody wearing a shirt that isn't that of your team.

Embedded in our culture (although the culture of Lymington may be a little detached from that of the Northern wastelands...)
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2761224)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...........except BP is a multi-national comapny and we all use their products.

I guess nobody cares when there are environmental disasters in other parts of the world.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2761244)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think you should it will only degenerate to a spat
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2761249)   #14
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat View Post
That's hardly the same situation. If someone gave him some noise because they don't like Dyson Racing then whatever, but to give him a hard time because of who sponsors the team is just dumb. That's just my opinion, done with the thread.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2761559)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, whatever the purpose, it's served it.