Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2745993)   #51
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to my sources at ALMS, the total number of entries for Petit could top 50. Remember there will be 7 classes competing; LMP1/LMP2/LMPC/GT1/GT2/GTC and GTH (Hybrid). Should be interesting at turn 1 at the start!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2745998)   #52
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
on Endurance-Series.com (French website) I read that Full Speed team is planing the ILMC and Road Atlanta, how IMSA will handle this strange case ?
Team is in talks for ILMC entry. Officially the ILMC is open to GT1 cars, so wonder how this will be done at Petit.

But then again...you don't have to enter all rounds of the ILMC and there is no GT1 title anyways.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2745999)   #53
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
According to my sources at ALMS, the total number of entries for Petit could top 50. Remember there will be 7 classes competing; LMP1/LMP2/LMPC/GT1/GT2/GTC and GTH (Hybrid). Should be interesting at turn 1 at the start!
I pitty both JH and any spectator trying to follow that lot. The only point of running the hybrid is to see where it finishes overall, will be interesting I think!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2746002)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right now, the list that I have complied (offline) has 43 "confirmed".

IF all the rumored cars discussed here show (the Davis Ford, second Falken Tire Porsche, the two GT1 Saleens and the few Euro GT2s), that would total 50 entries.

Even at 43, turn 1 will be madness. Let's hope Intersport q's near the front.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2746019)   #55
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
the two GT1 Saleens
Why exactly would Labre and Atlas bother to show up? They'll do Silverstone, obviously, but I cant see any reason to travel across the ocean if there's nothing to gain (and they really don't seem to have the power to beat GT2s anyways).

But JLOC at Zhuhai? Could that be possible?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2746033)   #56
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Listening to Hindy again huh? Matech lead for 8 hours and had to retire the car due engine issues in the 12th hour, I believe.

There's no reason to assume any of the GT1 spec cars will not run for 12 hours without issue. Matech also did no simulated testing in preparation for Le Mans.

That assumption isn't based on anything but rhetoric from Hindy.
and/ or perhaps the statement from the ACO in their Press Conference at Le Mans which said something along the lines of - It is clear that the new GT1 cars are not designed for endurance racing.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2746073)   #57
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Drivers for the GT3-R hybrid have been confirmed some time ago to be Porsche's "dynamic duo" i.e. Timo & Romain.
Link or reference, please?

I question whether that will be the case if Audi (as expected) enters its R15 plus; won't they want to keep the Le Mans champions in that car (even if there is no ILMC driver's championship)?

Perhaps not, I recall seeing something, but don't remember how "official" it was.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2746082)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I seem to remember watching an old IMSA race on Grandtouringprototype.com from Road Atlanta in the late 80's/early 90's with a 54 car grid. It was madness. I can't even imagine how many cars one of the diesels will pass during the race.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2746089)   #59
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler View Post
I cannot understand why every thread on this forum always end up holding a big stick and hitting GT1 with it. So Hindy doesn't like it. I (and others) happen to disagree with him. Yes it is a shadow of its former self in ALMS/LMS competition but right now none of it (bar GT2) is in exceptional health. Can we just drop it now?! We get it. It isn't popular amongst hardline sportscar fans. But it's producing great racing right now in the World Championship.

How are the ALMS/ILMC dealing with the sudden addition of an LMP2 class? Am I wrong in thinking it's been one 'prototype' class all season in ALMS?
The class has been gone for two years in the ALMS and will not be at Le Mans next year. What's the point in bringing a car to PLM?

They split the classes at Sebring and PLM, so a "trial run" has already been done.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2746114)   #60
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Right now, the list that I have complied (offline) has 43 "confirmed".

IF all the rumored cars discussed here show (the Davis Ford, second Falken Tire Porsche, the two GT1 Saleens and the few Euro GT2s), that would total 50 entries.

There were roughly 30 cars in the race last year. This is going to be sick. . . .
Old 17 Aug 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2746130)   #61
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many cars can the PLM pitlane even handle?

Also, has anything been heard in the last couple months about the O'Connel and Comprent LMPCs?

I also expect the GTC field will be maxed at 10 cars. I'm sure cars will turn up from somewhere for PLM.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2746137)   #62
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We have been moaning for years about the lack of car counts in ALMS now you are moaning about too many cars

I for one am happy with it.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2746143)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why exactly would Labre and Atlas bother to show up?
Ask them...
they have been RUMORED to be coming and not included in the "confirmed" 43. They were mentioned because they would help make the 50 entries that was eluded to by a previous poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
How many cars can the PLM pitlane even handle?
Road ATL's "new" paddock can handle it but I am unsure of the pitlane; it will be close and crowded, but I am GUESSING it should all fit.

If not, stick the GTC/GTH in the support paddock if need be. Keep them out of the way on the pitlane, if nowhere else!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2746157)   #64
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Out of curiousity, PLM number of entries/starters by year:

1999 - 57 entered; 49 started
2000 - 46 entered; 39 started
2001 - 49 entered; 41 started
2002 - 56 entered; 47 started
2003 - 46 entered; 36 started
2004 - 36 entered; 34 started
2005 - 31 entered; 30 started
2006 - 28 entered; 28 started
2007 - 32 entered; 30 started
2008 - 41 entered; 37 started
2009 - 31 entered; 27 started

Info from RacingSportsCars.com
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2746172)   #65
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just received an email from Oak Racing confirming they will be there with a single LMP2 car at least. They are "unsure" about the second car right now.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2746176)   #66
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ask them...
they have been RUMORED to be coming and not included in the "confirmed" 43. They were mentioned because they would help make the 50 entries that was eluded to by a previous poster.
Atlas is confirmed, from the Altas Forex website:
"There are three races within the international Le Mans, in addition to the European finals of the Le Mans Series at Silverstone, Atlas eFX-Team FS will compete in the finals of the American Le Mans Series Petit Le Mans in Georgia (USA), and the Asian Le Mans Series in Zhuhai (CHN)."
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2746182)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh righto then, nevermind what I said earlier. It's good to actually see a GT1 car on American soil, for the final time. PLM is going to be a mess with 6-7 different classes (and classes inside classes), two different championships, automatic Le Mans invitations, michelin green x challenges etc... bring it on
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2746189)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There has been a long competition bulletin issued by IMSA with changes for the Radical, the LMPC cars, the GTC cars and some other minor tire issues.

They said since the Radical was running the 2011 restrictor and they were too slow, they got an increase.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2746199)   #69
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Link or reference, please?

I question whether that will be the case if Audi (as expected) enters its R15 plus; won't they want to keep the Le Mans champions in that car (even if there is no ILMC driver's championship)?

Perhaps not, I recall seeing something, but don't remember how "official" it was.
I think the news story came out about 3-4 weeks ago, I distinctly remember seeing it and even seeing some brief discussion on the topic on another thread. No idea right now where and when it was, but it was disclosed somewhere (possibly on Endurance-Info).
Old 17 Aug 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2746239)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Atlas is confirmed, from the Altas Forex website:
"There are three races within the international Le Mans, in addition to the European finals of the Le Mans Series at Silverstone, Atlas eFX-Team FS will compete in the finals of the American Le Mans Series Petit Le Mans in Georgia (USA), and the Asian Le Mans Series in Zhuhai (CHN)."
Seeing an SR7 driven in "anger" one last time will be good...

Love that car.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2746265)   #71
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Might get a chance to actually see a GT1 in action in person, now to get somebody to show up with either the Ford GT or DBR9. I know it's unlikely but would make for a great first ALMS race, now that I live close enough to make it this fall (hopefully Thurs night - Sun if I get the time off)
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2746274)   #72
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt you will see any GT-1s other than those mentioned, due to the time constraints with the GT-1 Durban Round.
And even though they say they plan on coming I have my doubts as to it materializing, but I have been wrong before.

L.P.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2746321)   #73
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I doubt you will see any GT-1s other than those mentioned, due to the time constraints with the GT-1 Durban Round.
But there is no Durban round, that event is expected to be replaced by Navarra.

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Aug 2010 at 23:52.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2746352)   #74
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Oh righto then, nevermind what I said earlier. It's good to actually see a GT1 car on American soil, for the final time. PLM is going to be a mess with 6-7 different classes (and classes inside classes), two different championships, automatic Le Mans invitations, michelin green x challenges etc... bring it on
The ILMC will be a last hurrah for the GT1 Saleens unless the ACO grandfather the cars into GTE for 2011.

The Saleen's and 911 hybrid will run GT2 pace so for entertainment purposes they can only improve the show.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2746604)   #75
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Seeing an SR7 driven in "anger" one last time will be good...

Love that car.
Driven in mild irritation you mean - I'll get my coat