Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2006, 03:13 (Ref:1569703)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
webber FED UP!

on sports tonight (on channel 10 australia)there was a story that mark is getting sick and tired of all the problems with this team over the last 2 years he addmitted the car was way of pace.and that he hopes for a better car or a better team in 2007.

my pickis this
renault-40%
williams-30%
ferrari-20%
toyota-10%
Old 4 Apr 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1569704)   #2
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
its renault or stay IMHO. he had crankypoos for sure its was a big pill to sollow being his home gp
Old 4 Apr 2006, 03:32 (Ref:1569709)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
for sure and seeing ralf come home third would of made it worse but two mechanical DNF's in a row come on williams!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 03:49 (Ref:1569710)   #4
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he was dead-cert for a podium - he was going to 1 stop that race - did not look happy when exiting the car!!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 04:26 (Ref:1569715)   #5
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
when his mechanicals left him he was pretty furiously banging the steering wheel. Don't blame him.

i really hope that williams comes good soon. Failing that his best other moves would be renault (if they're not getting out of F1 which seems probable) or bmw, who are a team who will be the team to beat and win both WDC & WCC in the next couple of years IMO... would Thiessen have him back? he was never particularly flattering of Mark last year...

but thinking about it, williams have improved alot since last year, so i think he will want to stick it out until they're back at the top...
Old 4 Apr 2006, 05:02 (Ref:1569729)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark has never used the words "fed up".

Most quotes have said something like, "obviously you need to get to the chequered flag to score points" and "we clearly were not prepared well enough - we need to fix things".

He has not come out and pointed the finger and chucked a big hissyfit - as the media would love for everyone to believe.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 05:53 (Ref:1569745)   #7
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
if he is fed up with DNF's then on 2006 form RENAULT would be the only choice.
I think the jury is STILL out on whether the elite teams would go courting him.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 06:04 (Ref:1569748)   #8
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He actually said that F1 is fickle and anything could happen. Meaning a move to another team could easily happen. Is just a slight change of his previous stance that he's at Williams for the long haul.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1569780)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is he in a position to just chose?
What is his current Williams contract?
This gives the impression that he can't take the heat.

However I too don't see Mark saying these things. Time for a web browse... I would imagine he would give the full support to the team and help it move forwards. The Williams looks like it could be a strong car this year and if he wants to progress he needs that to show what he can do.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 07:32 (Ref:1569802)   #10
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
The Williams looks like it could be a strong car this year and if he wants to progress he needs that to show what he can do.
i think thats exactly the cause of marks frustration - ie the car has potential, but you only have to look at last year where a good start to the season in terms of car performance quickly degenerated into scrapping for the last points. SO, mark obviously knows that while the going is good, you have to get podiums etc, and only this will quieten all the doubters...
Old 4 Apr 2006, 07:57 (Ref:1569826)   #11
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber really can't do any better than he has so far this year. He has beaten his teammate in 5 out of 6 qualifying sessions and races and has looked like scoring good points only for the car to fail - anyone would find this disappointing, particularly a race driver competing in the top echelon of his sport. I'm also sure that, while he's frustrated, he would also recognise that this car has more potential than any of the F1 cars he's ever driven, including the FW27.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1569831)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hes either got a great sense of morals or its not that big a problem yet, as hes not letting on that hes unhappy there, just that improvement needs to be made to be at the front of the grid.

This coming break could either make or break Williams year depending how they perform relative to others. Theyve got a great package that just needs to be developed.

Any word whats happening with those seamless transmissions?
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:02 (Ref:1569836)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Don't know about this story, but have heard of his reaction after his Mercedes flipped in practice (twice) at Le Mans in 1999. Legend has it that after returning to the pits he was asked by a journalist friend if he was still going to be driving in the race. In front of all the Mercedes people his response was along the lines of, "There is no f**king way I am ever getting in that car again!"

So don't expect to see him in a Mclaren any time soon...
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1569844)   #14
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Any word whats happening with those seamless transmissions?
afaik they've been using it since Bahrain.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1569850)   #15
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought more wouldve been said after Melbourne if so
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1569861)   #16
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
would Thiessen have him back? he was never particularly flattering of Mark last year....
Umm, Mark was offered at drive at BMW this year but chose to stay with Williams... I don't ever recall Mario Theissen saying a negative comment regarding Mark...
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1569865)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i think it is getting more and more of a chance that he will be at renault by the minute
1.flavio wanted him to go to renault b4 he went to williams he had the choice made the wrong one.IMHO.
2.there is a spare seat at renault
3.he has shown what he can do with a crap car.

me thinks that the renault driver line up will be like this 1.fisi 2.webber
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1569871)   #18
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
Umm, Mark was offered at drive at BMW this year but chose to stay with Williams... I don't ever recall Mario Theissen saying a negative comment regarding Mark...
There was talk that Webber was offered a drive by Thiessen but Mario has said that he never did such a thing as he knew Mark was contracted to Williams. In the same interview he said Webber was one of the best drivers in F1 and he expected him to prove it this year.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1569874)   #19
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

If Heikki is on the pace in testing I expect he is a shoe-in for a seat at Renault. And if Giancarlo has another year like last year (or like this year so far) then he should be dumped. Flavio seems to like him though....
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1569875)   #20
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
"There is no f**king way I am ever getting in that car again!"
I don't think you can fault anyone for saying that when something like that happens, but if it's true, it would be a shame because it is less likely that Webber would go to McLaren. IMHO, other than Midland and Super Aguri, the worst team for Webber to go to is Renault. F1 is a pretty like he says himself a "fickle" game, and imagine moving to Renault to say them going on a downward spiral, Renault announcing that they're selling their team while Williams starts challenging for wins.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1570000)   #21
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i too think the media is just taking the situation and making it sound worse. whenever mark's being interviewed, he's never ****ed off. he also uses the word "we" a lot, as in "we as a team take the retirements, not "i". i'm sure he's not exactly happy about the car atm, no-one would be in his shoes.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1570017)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Mark Webber is a very positive person. Sure, he will be disappointed to not be at the front, but his priority will be working with his team to improve. I have certainly never seen anything from Mark that would suggest he was a whinger.

As for 2007, it is highly possible that he may switch to Renault. Pat Symonds is very open about his admiration for Mark, and they will be looking for a top-line driver to take over and lead the team when Alonso defects to McLaren.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1570054)   #23
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir
i too think the media is just taking the situation and making it sound worse. whenever mark's being interviewed, he's never ****ed off. he also uses the word "we" a lot, as in "we as a team take the retirements, not "i". i'm sure he's not exactly happy about the car atm, no-one would be in his shoes.
Thats what i am thinking. He is no doubt frustrated that the results arent coming whilst the car is quick...but at least its quick. He isnt saying the team is letting him down, the team isnt sayign he isnt driving well. "We" need to improve...

Based on stories of how he treats mechanics in the team, how he is around the team between races etc, i doubt he is going to jeopordise that by making silly statements publically that will only hurt those relationships.

I suspect Mark will be staying...and will only look elsewhere if things arent looking as good or better for 2007. Right now i think Webber wants to achieve results in a team that he has been a part of, and be a part of achieving that success...last year was hard for him, this year so far has been challenging but at least they are in the thick of it which would have to be encouraging.

If Nico can get up there as well..then no doubt Williams can only be stronger for having two drivers in the points.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1570056)   #24
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
Don't know about this story, but have heard of his reaction after his Mercedes flipped in practice (twice) at Le Mans in 1999. Legend has it that after returning to the pits he was asked by a journalist friend if he was still going to be driving in the race. In front of all the Mercedes people his response was along the lines of, "There is no f**king way I am ever getting in that car again!"

So don't expect to see him in a Mclaren any time soon...

Allon I think you have got that quote of Mark word-perfect - he said exactly that. It was of course, after the sceond crash; Mercedes had talked him into going out again after the first one, but after he second crash he had made his mind.

Of course, the problem is only with Mercedes, and he would not have a problem with McLaren, particularly if BMW were with them.

OT: Its sad that Mercedes has poisoned every relationship they have been involved with over the last 7-8 years; the latest being the resignation of Gordon Murray from McLaren, after Mercedes ruined the road car he was designing for them. Mercedes blamed Murray and his team for the cars poor performance, however it was the German manufacturers insistance on inappropriate design features that compromised the balanced of the car, which was also rushed into production.

How familiar this is to Mercedes blaming Webber for his Mercedes' first flip at Le Mans, and the second too, before Dumbrecks car flipped and he was nearly killed. Webber's fault still, really?

Webber has put up with a lot of c**p from Mercedes during his time with them, always forced to be the subordinate team member, before the ultimate betrayal at Le Mans. There can be no doubt that he has become thick skinned as a result, and will take no BS in his current and future dealings in F1.

He has always been incredibly well prepared and is obviously the fittest driver in the field, as seen by his yearly participation in triathlons, and occasional long-distance rides for charity.

Just today, there is a story in the paper that Mark is endorsing a Road Safety Campaign for cyclists, in recognition of Amy Gillop. She was an athlete run over by a crazy driver in Europe while she was training with her fellow athletes.

I have no doubt that Webber is a very tough and well developed person, well adjusted to situations in F1. He is not the kind to waste his breath complaining about something. How the media reports what he says", and readers interpret an article, is what leads to any perceived complaining or being "fed up.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1570065)   #25
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow

Webber has put up with a lot of c**p from Mercedes during his time with them, always forced to be the subordinate team member, before the ultimate betrayal at Le Mans. There can be no doubt that he has become thick skinned as a result, and will take no BS in his current and future dealings in F1.
What was that? Him getting the blame for the car problem? And his car did also seem to play second fiddle to the Zonta car, but i dont know if thats because they didnt do as good a job, or team orders or politics sometimes prioritsing the race strategies etc around the other, perhaps 'lead' car