Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Dec 2000, 22:02 (Ref:52696)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure when you saw the times from the Barcelona test, you were as baffffled as I was on who the hack Xavier Armant was!

Well it seems that this ex-French F3 driver never tested. Heck, he probably was still in France!

The Prost F1 team are baffled as to how in the hell his name actually appeared on the official time sheet...I'm sure Alain was like, "Who is the f*&^ is that? Is that the gearbox mechanic?"

If this guy actually had anything to do with the hoax, I say "WAY TO GO!"

You fooled us all.

And you really fooled the people who think they know sh*t...the press.

I loved reading the articles that gave details on why he tested and how he had the budget for next year…….CLASSIC!

Old 15 Dec 2000, 23:16 (Ref:52711)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Autorace.com shows that Alesi and Servia tested for Prost. Pantano declined to test because he did not want to sign a contract that would tie him down to Prost. I don't know where you got that info about Xavier from, but it would seem one of your friends might have been pulling your leg.
Old 15 Dec 2000, 23:30 (Ref:52714)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
From http://www.autosport.com

Quote:
Prost continued its young driver evaluation programme, with Champ Car driver Oriol Servia running in the morning and Xavier Armant in the afternoon.
Old 15 Dec 2000, 23:37 (Ref:52718)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia

Well I'll be darned. Autosport has always been my favourite F1 mag, and I really can't understand how they managed to put that on their site if it wasn't true. Can someone hack into their site to post that??
Old 16 Dec 2000, 01:44 (Ref:52741)   #5
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valve Bounce, what didn't you understand? NOT ONLY AUTOSPORT.COM. But, AtlasF1.com, Daily-F1.com, L'equipe, Gazzetta dello sport, BBC, CNN, ESPN, speedvision.com. Almost EVERYBODY had Xavier as testing.

Now, I understand where your name came from...or maybe it should be misfire?
Old 16 Dec 2000, 10:27 (Ref:52772)   #6
Splatz
Rookie

Splatz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems a bit unfair to say that about Valve coz if everyone else has been baffled by it, its fair enough if we are all wondering what on earth is going on too.

A lot of people do cross reference their information for verification, but in this case it seems that may not have been sufficient to determine what was really going on.

Perhaps there's more to this story still.

I am interested to know who your sources were which contradicted the entire motorsport media fraternity. The source must be very close to the action.
Old 16 Dec 2000, 14:29 (Ref:52812)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure he didn't test? When all those sites reported it? I certainly believed it, and the info is still there on the Autosport site.

I remember thinking when I saw this name I had never heard of before: "Great! Another young driver getting a chance to prove himself." I love it when young drivers - possibly future stars, we never know - get a chance to test an F1 car.

From where did you get the info that he never tested, Fiorentina? Do you have any references to any sites reporting that his alledged testing never happened?
Old 16 Dec 2000, 21:50 (Ref:52850)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I'm with you guys. Maybe Fiorentina can clear up this question by telling us how he knew Xavier never tested. No good having a go at me if I cannot understand how all these distinguished reporters got it wrong - I wasn't there!! Maybe Fiorentina was there at Barcelona, or maybe he was with Xavier when he didn't test. He put this thread up in the first place!! not me.
Old 16 Dec 2000, 22:23 (Ref:52855)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
You are right, I should have listed a source. Go to http://www.dailyf1.com and pick the French site....look at the Dec 15th news items.

"Prost GP n'a pas fait rouler Xavier Armant"

Prost GP never had Xavier Armant drive....

"....Xavier Armant n'a pas roulé aux commandes d'une Prost hier. L'écurie française est actuellement en train de faire des recherches pour savoir par quel miracle ce nom est arrivé sur la feuille des temps de la journée du 14 décembre * Barcelone."

Xavier Armant didn't drive a Prost yesterday. The French team is actually trying to investigate to see from what miracle did his name appear on the official time sheet from Dec 14th at Barcelona.

This site always has the real info on what's happening with the Prost team.