Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 May 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2688447)   #1
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
81st Relentless Northwest 200 2010

While the race week festival at the Giant's Causeway already started on Saturday we are due to the first practice session tonight from 5-9:30pm bst.
The race week and festival schedule can be downloaded at https://secure.voloper.co.uk/northwe...-festival.aspx . The bbc shows tonights practice live to world wide audience like in previous years from 7 to 9pm bst at http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/nw200/coverage/ .

Live coverage at the BBC link above as follows:
• Practice session on Tuesday the 11 May - 7.00pm to 9.00pm BST [1800-2000 UTC ; 2000-2200 CET]
• Practice session on Thursday the 12 May - 10.00am to 2.00pm BST [0900-1300 UTC ; 1100-1500 CET]
• On Race Day - Saturday the 15 May - 11.00 am to 6.30pm BST [1000-1730 UTC ; 1200-1930 CET]

Live race coverage behind BBC's Red Button TV program:
• 1430-1800 BST Live coverage of Northern Ireland's North West 200 motorbike races [1330-1700 UTC ; 1530-1900 UTC]

Here is hope for good and safe racing with a complete race day this time.
Old 11 May 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2688705)   #2
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
• 1430-1800 BST Live coverage of Northern Ireland's North West 200 motorbike races [1330-1700 UTC ; 1530-1900 UTC]
Sorry,
this should have been :
• 1430-1800 BST Live coverage of Northern Ireland's North West 200 motorbike races [1330-1700 UTC ; 1530-1900 CET]

Come to our chatroom during both practices as well as during the races on Saturday at 10 Tenth Chatroom
Old 12 May 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2689191)   #3
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Was anyone up at yesterdays sessions?

I was down at the roundabout for the 125s and Superbike sessions. William Dunlop and Chris Palmer were the only riders that were really on it in the 125 and you'd have to say that the win in that class looks like being fought between them.

In the Superbikes Stuart Easton was clocked at 204.1 mph on his outlap! There was a tremendous reaction to that speed all the way around the circuit with fans visibly shocked at the speed. Plater ended up clocking 205 later in the session, he was fantastic from where I was watching and had a very stable bike under braking and acceleration.
Old 12 May 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2689206)   #4
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!

Only picture I can get off the camera right now!
Old 12 May 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2689265)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 12 May 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2689303)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is not a bad event J, though have never been that keen on these rather sanitised road events lol Manx rules!!

get yourself over to ireland and watch something proper like Tandrgee or Cookstown! Bumps, hedges et al!!

NW200 is a great event though, well put together and about the only one that track riers stand a chance on to be fair!!
Old 12 May 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2689332)   #7
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Was anyone up at yesterdays sessions?

I was down at the roundabout for the 125s and Superbike sessions. William Dunlop and Chris Palmer were the only riders that were really on it in the 125 and you'd have to say that the win in that class looks like being fought between them.

In the Superbikes Stuart Easton was clocked at 204.1 mph on his outlap! There was a tremendous reaction to that speed all the way around the circuit with fans visibly shocked at the speed. Plater ended up clocking 205 later in the session, he was fantastic from where I was watching and had a very stable bike under braking and acceleration.
I only could watch the online coverage down here in Germany. Sounds like you had lots of fun there !
205 ! Holy cow , thats going to be one insane race. What was the cause of the red flag during the supersport session though? I heard there was an oil leak somewhere around Metropole but there been rumours of a crash too. Online streaming only could show the front side of the circuit from about Black Hill down to York Corner.

Really a nice picture! Keep them coming
I just hope that my race program arrives in time. I am really anxious for the next session tomorrow.
Old 12 May 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2689373)   #8
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
I only could watch the online coverage down here in Germany. Sounds like you had lots of fun there !
205 ! Holy cow , thats going to be one insane race. What was the cause of the red flag during the supersport session though? I heard there was an oil leak somewhere around Metropole but there been rumours of a crash too. Online streaming only could show the front side of the circuit from about Black Hill down to York Corner.

Really a nice picture! Keep them coming
I just hope that my race program arrives in time. I am really anxious for the next session tomorrow.
Sure how could you not have fun at it! Tough to beat proper road racing-no offence to the TT, I love it as well but as an Irishman it's tough to beat what is for most of us our first exposure to any racing. This was irst time being able to head to it-college exams always got in the way and it most definitly lived up to my expectations!

The supersport session was flagged because of oil on the road as you say, I dont know who actually spilled it and havent heard since, should be well known by the time practice starts on Thursday morning
Old 12 May 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2689387)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Tough to beat proper road racing-no offence to the TT, I love it as well but as an Irishman it's tough to beat what is for most of us our first exposure to any racing.
Can you explain this a bit more, for those of us that get very little road racing exposure?
Old 12 May 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2689410)   #10
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Can you explain this a bit more, for those of us that get very little road racing exposure?
Sorry J, in the Isle of Mann TT races riders lap on their own-time trailing. Quickest culmitive time of the four laps(or whatever distance the race is) wins. This is what most people would view as 'road racing.'

In Ireland though we would have a closed course, the North West course for example is about eight miles long and runs between three different towns. The grid is set by qualifying times and the riders all set off together just like they would in a closed circuit race. This video was the first I found but should illustrate what you see in Ireland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EilMLB8Ur8A(I don't know how to embed a youtube clip!)
Old 12 May 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2689422)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Proper roads that you dont really have in the USA J

If you can get Iplayer from the Beeb, Cookstown is on there.

Other wise type in UlsterGP, Tandragee or Cooksotwn in youtube perhaps, that should link you into a load of other tracks that I dont know!!
Old 12 May 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2689482)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

If you can get Iplayer from the Beeb, Cookstown is on there.

Other wise type in UlsterGP, Tandragee or Cooksotwn in youtube perhaps, that should link you into a load of other tracks that I dont know!!
You haven't traveled around the USA much. We have some incredible driving roads you could have these types of races on.

Just the other day I realized we are getting closer to the Tourist Trophy and the NW200 and I got pretty excited. It's one of my favorite times of the year. Wont be able to go this year, but next year the parents are talking about renting a big house in Ireland around this time so all the family can get together and I can go to the races.
Old 12 May 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2689487)   #13
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well group road racing looks rather unique. Cool!

Quote:
I take exception to that good sir!

Here is a pic of a highway I regularly ride on. I can do the business on it.
Attached Thumbnails
198.JPG  
Old 13 May 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2689936)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well in ireland they race on bits thata re less than half the width, thats what IOm trying to say, think farm tracks that are Tarmac'd?

I ahve never been to the US star,k and please dont tell me there are great roads, your national symbol of biking is the worst bike ever made, and by far the worst handling!!

perfect for your roads then!!
Old 13 May 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2689964)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well in ireland they race on bits thata re less than half the width, thats what IOm trying to say, think farm tracks that are Tarmac'd?

I ahve never been to the US star,k and please dont tell me there are great roads, your national symbol of biking is the worst bike ever made, and by far the worst handling!!

perfect for your roads then!!
Uh buddy we have roads just like the ones in the NW 200 all over the place. In fact I live right next to a multi hundred mile long bit of mountainous tarmac craved by motorcyclists who we get by the hundreds and thousands every weekend in summer. You've been watching too much CSI Las Vegas and the Gilmore Girls.

There is more to the USA than LA and NYC.
Old 13 May 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2689985)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Still too wide!!

The proper Irish races are on very narrow single track roads. NW200 is quite restrained for a road race!

And I believe you, just never wanted to go there!! But would love to watch some flat tracka nd that mental track with teh jump on it.
Old 13 May 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2689992)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Steve Plater had to visit the hospital after a last corner crash. His race participation is in doubt with a suspected broken wrist. Bummer, he had already claimed pole.
Old 14 May 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2690486)   #18
Andy77
Veteran

Plater confirmed with broken left arm. This makes him missing Saturdays races after claiming pole position in the superbike class. It is said that the air fences saved his life so I guess that his accident was one of a wilder sort. I remember from the live coverage that he was pushing his bike with something that looked liked gearbox trouble but then had to go.
All the best & get well soon Steve
Old 15 May 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2691063)   #19
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very enjoyable coverage, and Steve Parrish works well as a commentator when hes not paired with Cox Sucker Charlie.
Old 15 May 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2691148)   #20
Andy77
Veteran

yes it was a pretty enjoyable afternoon and great to see Alastair Seeley clinching the victory in the feature race. I pretty like the comentary from Stavros, McCallen, Watson and the guy who sat in booth with Stavros whose name I forgot. I just wonder why it doesnt seem to be possible to come up with such a brilliant internet and tv coverage for the Ulster GP

Pretty enjoyable afternoon even though i got distracted with the Nurby 24h
Old 17 May 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2692567)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Get on Iplayer guys and watch the Supersport race

You will not see a better race all year, top class, top respect between the Gods of road racing and some amazing on boards and footage.
Old 26 May 2010, 03:52 (Ref:2698318)   #22
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
bonkers
barmy
nuts