Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Oct 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2977502)   #151
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
What's this new capsite about : Chateau du Houx ?

We have nearly always stayed at Houx but never saw a chateau there....
Old 27 Oct 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2977650)   #152
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
What's this new capsite about : Chateau du Houx ?

We have nearly always stayed at Houx but never saw a chateau there....
I wonder if it is that area just before you make the turn off the road into the campsite. On the other side of the street? I think that was some kind of 'exclusive' area this year. Might have been for Audi I can't quite remember?
Old 27 Oct 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2977700)   #153
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wonder if it is that area just before you make the turn off the road into the campsite. On the other side of the street? I think that was some kind of 'exclusive' area this year. Might have been for Audi I can't quite remember?
Was for Audi this year. So I guess they're going to open it up to others now.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2981671)   #154
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know I said this last year and didn't go (work commitments), but this year I'm making concrete plans to make my first trip to Le Mans. I'll be travelling with a number of seasoned Le Mans regulars so I'm sure they'll be a great company and will steer me in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Old 6 Nov 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2982254)   #155
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Ticket office opening in two weeks. Can't wait!
Grtz,
Vincent
Old 6 Nov 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2982286)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Incredible, isn't it. how time flies? 22 weeks ago, I was packing my bags ready to meet up with James for the trip to France 'tomorrow'........
Old 7 Nov 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2982700)   #157
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ticket request for teamDOT was emailed to the ACO this morning.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2982706)   #158
old car
Rookie

United Kingdom
old car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets ordered this morning on line
Old 7 Nov 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2982731)   #159
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ticket requset was emailed this morning
Old 7 Nov 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2982777)   #160
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently the ticket ordering opened this morning, but Houx campsite was already sold out! Or did the ACO just put the Houx campsite on the website, knowing there is no place left?
Old 7 Nov 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2982872)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Ticket request for teamDOT was emailed to the ACO this morning.
Music to my ears James!
Old 7 Nov 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2982887)   #162
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Apparently the ticket ordering opened this morning, but Houx campsite was already sold out! Or did the ACO just put the Houx campsite on the website, knowing there is no place left?
Yikes I hope TD are true to their word and secure their quota. It's a cool place to camp I can understand the appeal - especially with pitches on another site reduced this time around.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2982895)   #163
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd be amazed if they didn't......
Old 7 Nov 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2982904)   #164
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd be amazed if they didn't......
-You'd be amazed if the ACO didn't put something on the website knowing that it's already sold out?

Or

-You'd be amazed if TD didn't secure their quota?
Old 7 Nov 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2982924)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes......
Old 7 Nov 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2982946)   #166
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
You would have to try by mail or call them because when I tried on the site, they said there were 39 seats left in the ACO granstand ( it was 5 past ten ).
I'm not sure the booking site is more efficient than last year.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2983066)   #167
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Flights & Ferry booked just waiting for confirmation from my man in Paris that we have our usual pitches in the Houx. Can't wait.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2983075)   #168
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
fingers are crossed, changes this year mean that my usual source could not just get me tertre rouge camping, still joining the ACO this year will give me discounts on the classic aswell so lets hope the tourist office still have some preferential treatment and I get my usual tickets, if not then I will have to pay agency prices
Old 10 Nov 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2984156)   #169
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me and dad are making my first ever trip to Le Mans and his first since the 70's.

dads booked it through Select Motor Racing

really looking forward to it, will be nice way to celebrate finishing my degree hopefully

the campsite appears to be between Arnage and Porsche Curves on the inside of the circuit
Old 12 Nov 2011, 08:56 (Ref:2984718)   #170
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Nadine has worked her majic again and I have my Tertre rouge tickets for next year, had to join the ACO this year but a small price to pay, now need to sort out everything else
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:09 (Ref:2989595)   #171
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just had my request for camping Houx and tribune stands (34) confirmed by the ACO, Life's good!
Old 23 Nov 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2990353)   #172
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a side point - SeaFrance's current problems could limit the availability of crossings next year - hopefully this won't reflect in the prices too much.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2990473)   #173
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me and some friends are thinking of going next year. None of us have a car as yet and although it would be a great road trip it seems unlikely. For that reason I was wondering which option would be the cost effective travel option train or plane?
Old 23 Nov 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2990526)   #174
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Me and some friends are thinking of going next year. None of us have a car as yet and although it would be a great road trip it seems unlikely. For that reason I was wondering which option would be the cost effective travel option train or plane?
Train is definitely easier as it takes you straight to Le Mans and you can get the tram to the circuit from there. Where are you travelling from?
Old 23 Nov 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2990584)   #175
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
my first year was with a coach trip, i think there are still several companies that do them, incl page and moy who we went with, it was a great adventure and i got the bug and have driven down ever since