Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3315487)   #101
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2theBru View Post
Actually, it looks like they posted it on alms.com, so here you go: http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...y%20List_2.pdf

-Kelly
Good to see Paul Miller Racing on the list. I was worried they might not be able to race at Petit.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3315520)   #102
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Good to see Paul Miller Racing on the list. I was worried they might not be able to race at Petit.
Indeed, they have had quite the repair bill after the past 2 rounds. Hopefully they get a good result as a proper sendoff from GTE.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3315527)   #103
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I wish Aston Martin would bring one factory car over for GTE. Also, I wonder why Strakka wouldn't give the HPD one last go?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3315530)   #104
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprised Greaves isn't on the list. I heard they were going to be there since Sebring.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3315651)   #105
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
I wish Aston Martin would bring one factory car over for GTE. Also, I wonder why Strakka wouldn't give the HPD one last go?
Especially since they already left one in the US waiting for the TUSCC test.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3315711)   #106
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Especially since they already left one in the US waiting for the TUSCC test.
Not only that. Paul Dalla Lana is not racing in the Fia WEC fuji race, so I expected a Gulf-NorthWest branded V8 Vantage GTE on the grid.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3315743)   #107
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one downer for me is the lack of the Aston Martin for sure!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3315798)   #108
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rob Bell in at ESM for Petit along with Brabs.

http://www.esmracing.com/blog/esm-pa...petit-le-mans/

Will be interested to see how Bell gets on in a prototype.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 02:10 (Ref:3316095)   #109
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one am good with the entry list.yes over the years plm has had great enteries, but we all new that was over when the aco/fia schedule screwd plm over.so I'm a bit surprised with some of your reactions. I love Astons and all but why would you want a wec over bop'd pig to show up and be bop'd again to where its uncompetitive.rebellion is a great team and all but I would rather see mm race around alone for 10 hours. This is the last ALMS PLM, and that's what I want to see.i want to watch all the alms regulars that I have watched race all year at every race, not a one off euro team.if they haven't raced a single race all year then why would you expect them now,I'm happy with the entry list and will enjoy the race and watch as much as I can. It will be the end of the ALMS and I want to see it end with alms racers taking the win.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3316101)   #110
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
This is the last ALMS PLM, and that's what I want to see.i want to watch all the alms regulars that I have watched race all year at every race, not a one off euro team.if they haven't raced a single race all year then why would you expect them now,I'm happy with the entry list and will enjoy the race and watch as much as I can.
It will be great to see all the regular ALMS teams at Petit, but I wouldn't mind having a few additional cars on the grid from Europe.
Quote:
It will be the end of the ALMS and I want to see it end with alms racers taking the win.
I agree. I would prefer to have regular ALMS teams take the victories. Even though I've nothing against Rebellion,(except maybe the fact that they didn't contest the entire ALMS season, as originally announced,) I'll be cheering for the Muscle Milk LMP1 car.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3316107)   #111
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I'll be cheering for Dyson to somehow take the victory of the last ALMS race.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 06:02 (Ref:3316121)   #112
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
It will be great to see all the regular ALMS teams at Petit, but I wouldn't mind having a few additional cars on the grid from Europe.

I agree. I would prefer to have regular ALMS teams take the victories. Even though I've nothing against Rebellion,(except maybe the fact that they didn't contest the entire ALMS season, as originally announced,) I'll be cheering for the Muscle Milk LMP1 car.
I'm pleased to see that I will get to watch Rebellion take the fight to Muscle Milk at the Petit next weekend. With no Audi, at least with Rebellion LMP1 should be a decent race. Barring mechanical trouble, Rebellion should be able to win the Petit again this year.

Andy Flinn
Old 11 Oct 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3316177)   #113
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bigger fields and extra entries, not just from Europe, always added up to make Petit more than just a standard ALMS round. I've watched standard ALMS rounds all year.

Petit is supposed to be an 'event'.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3316208)   #114
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to see if Muscle Milk has iot together and is ready for Rebellion. As I recall rebellion was faster last year, but the Green Hornet took out the Muscle Milk car early.

With Rebellion having skipped some races and Muscle Milk having Not had a bunch of electrical/mechanical issues this season ... I am glad M milk has a chance to make up for last year.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3316215)   #115
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know if Motors TV will have the whole race live in the UK ? Thanks
Old 11 Oct 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3316218)   #116
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I'd like to see if Muscle Milk has iot together and is ready for Rebellion. As I recall rebellion was faster last year, but the Green Hornet took out the Muscle Milk car early.

With Rebellion having skipped some races and Muscle Milk having Not had a bunch of electrical/mechanical issues this season ... I am glad M milk has a chance to make up for last year.
The old truism of it only taking two to make a race is abundantly true - if Rebellion and Muscle Milk can run with each other through the 10 hours I don't think anyone will really complain, and if Dyson can join the party so much the better.

My real regret is in LMP2, the ELMS guys added a lot last year, and served to reinforce point that Level 5 and Conquest could hold their heads up alongside them. We all know this is the last splash for LMP1, the relative paucity in LMP2 makes for a bit of a fear that maybe this is ebbing away too.

Simmi summed it up - ALMS regular rounds have been great and I've enjoyed watching them for many years, but PLM has come to be an event, like Sebring or the big one in June, and part of that is the bigger grid comprising teams who are drawn by its scale and significance to come out of the woodwork.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3316293)   #117
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Not only that. Paul Dalla Lana is not racing in the Fia WEC fuji race, so I expected a Gulf-NorthWest branded V8 Vantage GTE on the grid.
Even if Paul wanted to run his car, I don't think he has the personnel to run it. All of Prodrive/AM Racing's mechanics will be at Fuji for the WEC race, and the only other option would be TRG's mechanics, but they will be busy with their two GTC entries, never mind their lack of AM GTE experience!
Old 11 Oct 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3316315)   #118
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does anyone have any advice for camping at the track?

I will be driving my truck down from Indianapolis and pitching a tent out of the back, when should I start driving down and when should I buy my camping pass so that I can get a good spot? Thanks!
Old 11 Oct 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3316344)   #119
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the list of drivers that are not on the entry list yet:
Car #01 David Brabham (with Scott Sharp and Anthony Lazzaro)
Car #02 Rob Bell (with Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek)
Car #551 One driver TBD (with Ryan Briscoe and Scott Tucker)
Car #552 One driver TBD (with Guy Cosmo and Marino Franchitti)
Car #5 Two drivers TBD
Car #7 One driver TBD
Car #8 Stefan Johansson
Car #9 One driver TBD
Car #18 One driver TBD
Car #25 Ozz Negri and Sean Rayhall only
Car #3 Jordan Taylor
Car #4 Richard Westbrook
Car #23 Johnny Mowlem
Car #62 One driver TBD
Car #91 Ryan Dalziel
Car #93 Tommy Kendall
Car #06 One driver TBD
Car #31 TBD/TBD/TBD
Car #44 One driver TBD
Car #45 One driver TBD
Car #68 TBD/TBD/TBD
Old 11 Oct 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3316381)   #120
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Here is the list of drivers that are not on the entry list yet:
Car #01 David Brabham (with Scott Sharp and Anthony Lazzaro)
Car #02 Rob Bell (with Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek)
Car #551 One driver TBD (with Ryan Briscoe and Scott Tucker)
Car #552 One driver TBD (with Guy Cosmo and Marino Franchitti)
Car #5 Two drivers TBD
Car #7 One driver TBD
Car #8 Stefan Johansson
Car #9 One driver TBD
Car #18 One driver TBD
Car #25 Ozz Negri and Sean Rayhall only
Car #3 Jordan Taylor
Car #4 Richard Westbrook
Car #23 Johnny Mowlem
Car #62 One driver TBD
Car #91 Ryan Dalziel
Car #93 Tommy Kendall
Car #06 One driver TBD
Car #31 TBD/TBD/TBD
Car #44 One driver TBD
Car #45 One driver TBD
Car #68 TBD/TBD/TBD
That guy named TBD sure is going to be busy! Looks like he's trying to pull a Scott Tucker!
Old 11 Oct 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3316383)   #121
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
Does anyone have any advice for camping at the track?

I will be driving my truck down from Indianapolis and pitching a tent out of the back, when should I start driving down and when should I buy my camping pass so that I can get a good spot? Thanks!
It is more or less a free for all only the rv spots are reserved. Space is at a premium so thursday would be the latest you want to get there to comfortably get a good spot. Although the really good spots are already taken by folks lining up outside the track. For more on this visit the Trackside section: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=138874&page=6
Old 11 Oct 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3316412)   #122
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So ive been looking for the broadcast schedule, and cant find one.but i found this.http://sportscar365.com/imsa/alms/fo...petit-le-mans/

So it looks like only 1.5 hours on fs1 and rest on fs2. I cant believe it.i dont get fs2 and alot of people don't either. It wont be shown on espn3 because of rights, and even if its streams on alms.com will it be geo blocked or even work? So much for taking a day off work to enjoy this last alms race,wont be worth it if ic ant watch it or chasing after a stream.what a shame
Old 11 Oct 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3316455)   #123
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also a 2.5 hour NASCAR (practice, IIRC) break. Other commitments, DVR programmed.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 11 Oct 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3316456)   #124
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post

So it looks like only 1.5 hours on fs1 and rest on fs2. I cant believe it.i dont get fs2 and alot of people don't either. It wont be shown on espn3 because of rights, and even if its streams on alms.com will it be geo blocked or even work? So much for taking a day off work to enjoy this last alms race,wont be worth it if ic ant watch it or chasing after a stream.what a shame
From the email I just received... And I don't get FS2 either.

The 16th Annual Petit Le Mans powered by Mazda at Road Atlanta will be airing on both FOX Sports 2 and FOX Sports 1. See the full viewing schedule below.

11 am - 12pm EDT on FOX Sports 2
2:30pm - 6:30pm EDT on FOX Sports 2
6:30pm - 8pm EDT on FOX Sports 1
8pm - 9:00pm EDT FOX Sports 2
Old 11 Oct 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3316475)   #125
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/alms/news/...petit-le-mans/
Darren Law to drive the 2nd Dempsey Racing Porsche