Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > The Driver Files

Old 2 Jan 2002, 11:46 (Ref:192641)   #1
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernard de Dryver

Apparently in the entry list for the 1977 Belgian GP there was a local driver called Bernard de Dryver who attempted to qualify a British F1 run March 761 but didn't qualify

He also attempted to qualify his own Ensign in the 78 Belgian GP but didn't pre-qualify.

I just want to know, can anyone tell me about his career before F1 and after F1 coz I believe i've heard this name mentioned before in sportscars or touring cars

Can anyone help me

This is de Dryver, looks a bit like Pironi I know but I hope someone can help me
Attached Images

Last edited by Invincible; 2 Jan 2002 at 11:53.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 11:57 (Ref:192642)   #2
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you might find him at www.f1rejects.com, but he's not been the subject of their fine work yet...
Old 4 Jan 2002, 03:38 (Ref:193625)   #3
Marc C
Rookie

Marc C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did some F1 races but in the Aurora series in 1979. He did some podiums but no victory. He drove a Fittipaldi Cosworth.

Before his two GP attempts he did some F2 seasons without real success. In 1975 the Bang & Olufsen Team entered some March for Hervé Regout (an ex motorbiker) and Pierre Dieudonné in F3 (UK and International races) and in F2, for Claude Bourgoignie and the 22-year old Bernard de Drijver. Bourgoignie was one of the best private driver in the 1975 European GP but the team stopped in the end of that year. De Drijver was inexperienced but the sponsor was his father's firm (electronic or electric)...

Later in the 80's he became a "gentleman" driver and finished 2nd in one edition of the 24 H of Le Mans. About touring cars he also certainly took part in some editions of the 24 H of Francorchamps.

I've not checked his career but this is what I remember of him...

Last edited by Marc C; 4 Jan 2002 at 03:39.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 18:21 (Ref:193910)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bernard de Dryver has taken part at Le Mans 10 times. Firstly in 1979 and last in 1992. His best finish was 2nd in the Primagaz Porsche in 1987. If you really want it (?), I can provide you with details of all of his 10 starts.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 19:02 (Ref:193928)   #5
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'll do fine aysedasi
Old 4 Jan 2002, 20:31 (Ref:193982)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That'll do you want it, or that'll do you don't? (!!)
Old 5 Jan 2002, 01:27 (Ref:194135)   #7
jclab
Racer

jclab should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernard de Dryver

Hi Invincible,

Concerning Bernard de Dryver, everything that has been said is true
and this guy was still going at it in GT class in 2001.

take care
Old 5 Jan 2002, 01:28 (Ref:194136)   #8
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decisions, decisions!

It is better, though, when the thought is properly expressed...

Why not just post them, anyway?
Old 5 Jan 2002, 08:29 (Ref:194169)   #9
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He raced a Formula One car as recently as 5 or 6 years ago - a March 761(?) at a historic meeting at Spa
Old 10 Jan 2002, 10:47 (Ref:196449)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
He also tried to qualify for the F3000 race at Zolder in 1988 for Belgian team Sport-Auto Racing, but DNQ'ed.
Old 18 Jan 2002, 18:48 (Ref:200733)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc C

Later in the 80's he became a "gentleman" driver and finished 2nd in one edition of the 24 H of Le Mans. About touring cars he also certainly took part in some editions of the 24 H of Francorchamps.

I'm sure he competed in the ETCC fairly regularly in the mid-80's- I've certainly seen him driving on a couple of occasions in both touring cars and Group C