Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Feb 2024, 07:29 (Ref:4198181)   #51
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Now the straight line complaints amount to rear axle camber
Yep - that was pretty obvious yesterday - when a car is SO much faster than everyone else across the top, setup is going to hurt it when it comes to outright top speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Chaz is playing politicks (Good on him) Jamie is too, that's the game. Bring on the dyno test and it's going to be 99.999
Agree - amazed that anyone took Chaz' comments on trap speed seriously yesterday. They had speed readouts up on majority of cars in the shootout today - fastest was Feeney at 289, next De Pasquale at 288, others up there too or at worst 287. Chaz was 284 - with the same aero and same engine as the DJR cars, that speed difference is purely down to car setup and driving approach, no more, no less. Will be good to have the transient dyno work done though, so that we know empirically exactly where they both sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Commentary and even Feeney said that Chaz is known for his good starts.
Yes, he sure is - nailed the starts on both days, which really made today's race much better.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 07:41 (Ref:4198183)   #52
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Outright speeds will usually be quite close at the end of the straights, I'm more interested in the drive out of the corners and the speed halfway down the straight.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:03 (Ref:4198185)   #53
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Outright speeds will usually be quite close at the end of the straights, I'm more interested in the drive out of the corners and the speed halfway down the straight.
You can see that in the sector times and the timed lap? You will also see it reflect in the gap to the lead. The top three cars today made there speed in different areas of the track. And Chaz split the bulls. XU1 vs GTHO. There was no sign of cars straight out dragging other cars? Well I didn't see it. Bathurst is a free flowing track. I though it was a pretty positive showing? A few had tough weekends. I see Love fell in love with another wall thank god they didn't play the audio.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:20 (Ref:4198186)   #54
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
You can see that in the sector times and the timed lap? You will also see it reflect in the gap to the lead. The top three cars today made there speed in different areas of the track. And Chaz split the bulls. XU1 vs GTHO. There was no sign of cars straight out dragging other cars? Well I didn't see it. Bathurst is a free flowing track. I though it was a pretty positive showing? A few had tough weekends. I see Love fell in love with another wall thank god they didn't play the audio.
OK no worries, I'm wondering if Red Bull will lose at all this year?
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:51 (Ref:4198191)   #55
Ares
Racer

Quote:
OK no worries, I'm wondering if Red Bull will lose at all this year?
Don't stress, Yes they will! At least once Broc needs to relax a touch. Just after this weekend I have the feeling the young guy is putting a lot of pressure on himself. The team is going to have to manage that a bit. Like the Bathurst thing last year, you have to earn it son. It sounded like he feels it was stolen from him, like I was his to have. He shed a lot of tears after that race. That race is fully of hard luck stories. He is very young, he needs to wait his turn, like the Championship. He got 5 seconds today, next time it could be a DNF.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:58 (Ref:4198192)   #56
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Don't stress, Yes they will! At least once Broc needs to relax a touch. Just after this weekend I have the feeling the young guy is putting a lot of pressure on himself. The team is going to have to manage that a bit. Like the Bathurst thing last year, you have to earn it son. It sounded like he feels it was stolen from him, like I was his to have. He shed a lot of tears after that race. That race is fully of hard luck stories. He is very young, he needs to wait his turn, like the Championship. He got 5 seconds today, next time it could be a DNF.
Once??? Oh goody!!!

As long as it's not processional and boring, afterall they are in the entertainment industry so it has to be entertaining else ratings will drop.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 11:59 (Ref:4198208)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry it won't be like 2019.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 13:05 (Ref:4198213)   #58
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Don't worry it won't be like 2019.
Thank god for that, but people have short memories of those vintage years
They were great times.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 13:15 (Ref:4198215)   #59
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Thank god for that, but people have short memories of those vintage years
They were great times.
The irony of people who thought nothing was wrong with Chaz spinning out and passing the entire field like a knife through butter in the first half of 2019 are the same ones now repeating the rubbish that the Ford is down on power.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 01:33 (Ref:4198266)   #60
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think one word describes the two Bathurst races: BORING
[/B]
It is going to be a long year.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 02:49 (Ref:4198272)   #61
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
[/B]
Agree, it's annoying to sit there waiting for some action only to have another procession served up, maybe better to just watch the race highlights on youtube.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 13:36 (Ref:4198341)   #62
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
[/B]
Old 27 Feb 2024, 23:16 (Ref:4198578)   #63
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it that only bluesport, sizzle and myself thought the Bathurst races were boring?

Do the rest have a contrary opinion?

It is disappointing all the other posters are concerned about hats as the main thing from the weekend. Am i missing something?
Old 27 Feb 2024, 23:30 (Ref:4198579)   #64
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the races, but don’t think Bathurst is really suited to sprint races.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 00:32 (Ref:4198586)   #65
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Why is it that only bluesport, sizzle and myself thought the Bathurst races were boring?

It is disappointing all the other posters are concerned about hats as the main thing from the weekend. Am i missing something?
As long as Ford don't win they don't care.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 03:20 (Ref:4198595)   #66
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I enjoyed both races - the sight of the 3 cars at the front being absolutely driven as hard as they could be for the length of each race was pretty special but I don't think that the weekend's racing was a patch on the 1000.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 03:53 (Ref:4198596)   #67
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As long as Ford don't win they don't care.
I wouldnt say that at all.

We just havent commented about every event as such.

Meeting was OK, nothing outstanding. But Bathurst IS Bathurst 1000 to me.
Agreed with above. Its not a sprint race circuit. Just another event but with a longer track, the cars get to spaced out to be of much excitement.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 06:08 (Ref:4198597)   #68
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
I enjoyed the races, but don’t think Bathurst is really suited to sprint races.
I agree, the races were ok, but sprints at Bathurst always seem to be an anticlimax.

Couple of the Super2 graduates kept it entertaining though.

Good to see what Richie can do when he is a bit more comfortable.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 06:43 (Ref:4198598)   #69
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope some of the Super2 guys enthusiasm is matched with daddies dowry, or at least the cheque doesn't balance.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 07:21 (Ref:4198599)   #70
Ares
Racer

Racing was ok? nothing amazing, but it's often nothing amazing. Take out some of SVG's drives from back to front over the years, in some of those races no one else did anything amazing. I was more interested in the parity and the up and coming teams and drivers. I was hoping to see some more pushing at the front this weekend, it will come? I'd like to see the likes of Randle, Payne, Stanaway even Hazelwood get some podiums, and a few others. I would like to see four or five drivers close on point fighting over the championship mid season, that includes Ford drivers.

Question. Turn one, Brown pushes wide and drops a wheel off with two laps to go. Chaz gets a run on him and forces a pass into turn two. Chaz fights brown off and gets a win by half a front guard. Is it now a good weekend?

If motor racing is just sitting watching cars drive round and round, then yeah it's pretty boring. I'm not sure what you mean by action? what action is needed to make you happy?
Old 28 Feb 2024, 07:59 (Ref:4198602)   #71
Ares
Racer

Talking about boring. I hate to say it, but a lot of the time it is a bit boring. When I was involved in racing many of the meeting in NZ, there were more team people there than fans. It was exciting for us involved, but I couldn't understand why more people were not there? We supported Supercars many times over the years. Often we would just sit in our pit and watch the Supercars race on the screen, even though they were on track only 50m away. We would even leave the track early and watched the races back in the hotel at times. People were paying to come and watch it and we didn't bother? I gave away crewing awhile ago. Pukekohe was closing down last year. I went along to see it one last time and catch up with someone. I spent a few hours there and watched a few races. It wasn't a big meeting, I found it like watching paint dry. I left and walked out over the bridge and up the drive to the tree line where my cars was parked. Pukekohe was my favorite track, I turned and took one last look, I thought I won't see this again. When I drove out I thought this could be the last time I ever go to a race track. If I was asked to go to a meeting I'd say no thanks, including a Supercar round. So, I get boring, not really sure how that happened?
Old 28 Feb 2024, 08:45 (Ref:4198604)   #72
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Hope some of the Super2 guys enthusiasm is matched with daddies dowry, or at least the cheque doesn't balance.
It isn't like anybody should be surprised, all of them showed this form last year.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 08:59 (Ref:4198606)   #73
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't mind the racing.

The top 3 guys on the weekend seem a step above the rest already.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 09:06 (Ref:4198609)   #74
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It isn't like anybody should be surprised, all of them showed this form last year.
It was 2022 that had about a third of the total laps in the series run under green flag conditions.

After Saturday's debacle, it didn't bode well for Sunday, but surprisingly we did get a reasonable amount of green flag running.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 09:35 (Ref:4198618)   #75
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The top 3 guys on the weekend seem a step above the rest already.
Agreed. How well can Chaz do long term with inexperienced and crash happy eooky on the other side?

Seems Erebus drama has given 888 a free kick and Will wasted no time.

Broc still has a bit to learn, but he is still very young. Most of the weekend very good but got a bit keen at the Chase and paid for it.

I am enjoying the variability of so many stars being away.

But if I was a Tickford or DJR fan I wouldn't have enjoyed things. They look ordinary.

Richie showing good signs already. I think WAU and Grove are going to lead Ford's charge and Grove is most likely to have 2 cars up front.