Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Mar 2001, 01:33 (Ref:69305)   #201
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
PRESS RELEASE Team WREX

In a surprise announcement, Team WREX has a major new Australian sponsor, originally destined as the naming rights sponsor for the Minardi Team.

Paul Stoddart commented with "We are very dissapointed with Team Wrex. They shafted us in the final stages of negotiations. I don't know what we are going to do now. this has left a severe hole in our budget."

Team Wrex's new major sponsor is the locally well known "Broadmedows Fish n' Chip shop". The owner and sole employee of the establishment, Mario papadopalos, was very pleased with the announcement.

"Best Hundred bucks I've ever spent mate. These cars could blow the doors off even my Monaro."

Team Wrex looks forward to the 1st race.

Last edited by Wrex; 8 Mar 2001 at 01:36.
Old 9 Mar 2001, 23:34 (Ref:69725)   #202
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*******Press Release TEAM GONADS*******

Testing at Mt Panorama has been completed with some very fast times being set due to the resurfacing of the track, and also the boys are very happy with our replacement pit babes.
Our new pit babes come from the Australian V8 supercar series and will be changed for each race meeting pit babes
Alex set the quickest time with nicolas close behind a Scott a little off the pace, but that was mainly due to him volunteering to show the new pit babes around.
Actually we havent seen Scoot for a few days and it is time to get on the plane for the first round where Team GONADS will great the chequered flag fillling the first three places (two if we cant find scott)

Ted Bullpit (no no BULLPIT)
Team Gonads
Old 3 Apr 2001, 13:17 (Ref:76931)   #203
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Between the Lines

Dateline 2001, April 3, 2305 hours.

Report from the depths of the Brazilian Rainforests:

Team Aggression Maximisation have been found deep within the Brazilian bush on a secluded male bonding camping trip after a successful visit to the Brazilian GP held last weekend.

As I approach the campfire in the humid night air, the sound of men holding hands and muttering the same sequence of words together reaches my ears. I can see Hunter S Thompson dancing naked around the fire beating a bongo drum and doing low sweeps in front of a large painting of a man dressed in a red driving suit.

Moffat leads Tracey and Andretti through the spiritual awakening and affirmation meant to invoke the power of the boy from Brazil.

"for though I enter the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil,
for Rubens is in front of me on thy track,
I have no need to watch my back,
may we take a leaf from his book
and turn hard left without a look,
we ask this in His name for our sakes
that we too can learn to drive without brakes"
Old 3 Apr 2001, 15:49 (Ref:76954)   #204
AlteredGrizz
Rookie

AlteredGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope it not to late.

I'd like to join the league

here is my team

Team: Blackflag racing
Chassis: Reynard
Motor: Ford
Drivers: Patrick Carpentier, Alex Tagliani

Sponsor: Vagasil, Depends Adult Diapers

Team Colors, well I'll leave that up to the sponsors, but I think I know what they will go with.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 23:07 (Ref:77093)   #205
Shaun
Rookie

Shaun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Idea

As I am novice it will be a bit of lucky guess but here goes

Gild de Ferran Paul Tracy are the chosen drivers

Honda Engine same as in my car

Reynard

Champ Car Racing UK

Linda, if you like I can publisise the challenge on my own site at www.champcarworldseries.co.uk or you could write up an opening message.

Please let me know what you think
Old 3 Apr 2001, 23:59 (Ref:77109)   #206
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Champ Car Racing UK. You are Team 41.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
From Somewhere in California - Team Penske Babe Mrs. Fields Pies has been on a trip to Disneyland in an effort to cheer Bruno up now that he's out from under the bed and assured that Nicolas is nowhere nearby... followed by a couple of days of "testing" at Speedzone, where Helio went quickest but Gil signed the most autographs. Our name sponsor has been very attentive during the long break, and consequently Helga our Whip Lady has scheduled extra workouts for the boys this week before they decamp for Long Beach. Upon arrival they will all get haircuts, have their shoes shined, and buy new sunglasses before being presented to members of the press. We are tanned, we are fit, (okay, we WILL be fit) and we are ready. Bring on the season. Oh, wait, we did have a race already didn't we? Anybody remember who won?

Oh, and when someone suggested Champ Cars might use Interlagos next year, as F1 will not be needing it, after prolonged loud laughter the offer was declined.

See you at the track.

Pedro, "El Guapo" Morales
Press Officer

"We ate all the pies!"
Old 4 May 2001, 17:53 (Ref:88941)   #207
GM99
Rookie

GM99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE: TEAM CANADA

SPUZZUM BC HEADQUARTERS

Practice sessions at Nazarth has begun and both drivers Paul Tracy and Patrick Carpentier guided their Labatts/Nortel/REYNARD/HONDA to respectable times. Shania and Pamela (pit hostesses) were there for fan photo shoots as Team Canada gears up for this weekend.

Press Officer: Claude Bourbonnais
Old 4 May 2001, 21:15 (Ref:89016)   #208
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*** PRESS RELEASE ***

Last Minute Racing would like to announce that they are still alive and waiting for the CART season to continue, our drivers having been around and around last week are still reeling and reeling. The next race cannot be too soon.

Our F1 lads are still in disgrace and are wondering what tasks are lower than sweeping the floor before the CART guys tread. Today was announced a holiday due to the......

'Universalnational JEDI day' (May the 4th (be with you))...

and the teams had some fun together before the Le Mans Bentley Boys boarded the corp jet to France for pre qual.

Vinnie.
Old 9 May 2001, 05:15 (Ref:90605)   #209
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Team - Domaza Racing

Hello, here is my team for 2001 season:

Drivers:

Dario Franchitti
Kenny Brack
Paul Tracy

Chassies:

Reynard

Engine:

Honda

Team Name:

Domaza Racing

Sponsor:

www.cartrock.com

Bit crew:

Dario's Pit Crew

Babes:

Nice ones

Ok that's it - get me in the competetion

See U at the victory line!
Old 10 May 2001, 15:55 (Ref:91031)   #210
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Team Domaza. You are Team No. 41 (I think).

Please feel free to issue press releases at any time - a selection of these are printed in our weekly newsletter, so here's a chance for your 15 minutes of fame!