Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:13 (Ref:4103399)   #151
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was great, I really enjoyed it!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:15 (Ref:4103400)   #152
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Time to light something on fire, Adam.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:16 (Ref:4103401)   #153
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see a large orange fire, think that was a couch

That's at least one couch and possibly a portalet as well
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:17 (Ref:4103402)   #154
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I turned just catch the end of something 'man made' on fire...dangit!!!

I enjoyed. I just hope Adam is okay...
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:18 (Ref:4103403)   #155
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I mean it sounds stupid, and it is, but a couch fire is memorizing. Whoooosh.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:21 (Ref:4103404)   #156
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
At least they bring theirs to Sebring to burn. I've seen frat boys at WVU burn a couch on their own front porch
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:22 (Ref:4103405)   #157
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Cetilar looks like it was built on the infield during the race
Old 20 Mar 2022, 02:27 (Ref:4103406)   #158
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

That's at least one couch and possibly a portalet as well
It's glorious. I caught a mushroom cloud.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4103493)   #159
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Time to light something on fire, Adam.
Ha ha.

Massive police presence! There are a dozen police cars cruising round. All quiet in our bit.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Mar 2022 at 16:47.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 17:56 (Ref:4103524)   #160
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some random shots downloaded from the camera.

WEC.
Attached Thumbnails
62092100-3710-481A-8567-07C73996C9AA.jpeg   7841EA5E-83D4-481E-98CF-F4CB7ADE29DB.jpeg   358E65DE-DD95-4E5B-BB87-906B67766DC5.jpeg  

EABF9876-20D3-4469-8DA4-F2BA955D2F61.jpeg   4B2C13B0-F496-406B-AF00-51971A5C0B2B.jpeg   93A08321-C26D-42E9-A872-16BEF72456B4.jpeg  

Old 20 Mar 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4103526)   #161
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Some IMSA.
Attached Thumbnails
1ED3D324-1966-49A0-ADEF-B509998D05B2.jpeg   5796FB95-3DD5-47EF-A13B-0A0A35EB3E3D.jpeg   B5BF1A59-3F10-4B4C-B870-EB79691E2BBC.jpeg  

FDBF0602-8558-4C1F-B47D-E117257D0DA3.jpeg   F869F406-E32F-42F6-9C57-634D9BD3A4B0.jpeg   40ECE62D-F41C-40F4-AC96-DD18B66B10C2.jpeg  

Old 20 Mar 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4103553)   #162
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Massive police presence! There are a dozen police cars cruising round. All quiet in our bit.
I got told off twice by the same policeman for taking pictures from the wrong side of the bridge.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 22:10 (Ref:4103589)   #163
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cool photos, adam. big old school le mans vibes with all the camping setups so close trackside. very envious!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 22:52 (Ref:4103601)   #164
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
We talked a lot about how it was like when we camped in our early LM days. Being so close to the track was cool.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4103639)   #165
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could not see most of the action as I was quite busy this weekend. But what I have seen was great action

Corvette in GTD-Pro received a 20 bhp increase mid event and then looked to be comfortably faster. I guess it will be a season full of issues to BOP the GTLM corvette with rest of class.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4103689)   #166
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
We had a blast flagging at turn 17 all week, the position right before the bridge is simply one of the best in the flagging world! And we had the joy of being able to watch all of the action on the new jumbotron!

I'll post some pics from the phone later. If any of you wanna be just as close to the action (we can literally almost touch the cars with our flags!), feel free to contact me and I'll get you set up.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 14:10 (Ref:4103692)   #167
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 21 Mar 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4103723)   #168
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I got told off twice by the same policeman for taking pictures from the wrong side of the bridge.
Was it at least the same side both times?
Old 21 Mar 2022, 17:08 (Ref:4103724)   #169
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
We had a blast flagging at turn 17 all week, the position right before the bridge is simply one of the best in the flagging world! And we had the joy of being able to watch all of the action on the new jumbotron!

I'll post some pics from the phone later. If any of you wanna be just as close to the action (we can literally almost touch the cars with our flags!), feel free to contact me and I'll get you set up.
I bet you saw some action over the weekend. There were a few people divebombing the inside there that I didn't think would work, but it did! Almost an incident there during dpi qualifying when Derani was on a flyer only to come upon a slow car on the line.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 22:37 (Ref:4103766)   #170
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I bet you saw some action over the weekend. There were a few people divebombing the inside there that I didn't think would work, but it did! Almost an incident there during dpi qualifying when Derani was on a flyer only to come upon a slow car on the line.
A handful of wall bangers, most just soft hits. Our biggest incident was Katherine Legge stuffing her Porsche in the end of the wall under the bridge towards the end of night practice on Thursday, resulting in the team to replace the chassis.

The bridge position provides unobstructed views of bouncing racing cars going under the bridge - sometimes 3 wide! It's absolutely mind blowing how fast they can speed over the bumps without losing full control. It is THE reason I love to flag that turn so much.

The big crashes happened at spots where normally very few things happen - just another reminder that car racing is dangerous! The MPC crash @ turn 9 was harmless for flaggers as there are no longer any there (I flagged from that exact spot once, maybe as recent as 5 years ago). But the rescue truck got hammered! The Toyota crash was a good way downstream from the turn 14 flag station so again harmless for the flaggers. Tires went flying again but in both incidents no injuries to track personnel or spectators were reported over the net. No word about damage to RVs in the turn 15 vicinity and the rescue truck that was staged at turn 9 is very secondhand!
Old 22 Mar 2022, 23:35 (Ref:4103921)   #171
Coach Ep
Veteran

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220317_124010.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	697.6 KB
ID:	74170
Turn 17 main flag station, drivers right, facing upstream, at the end of the back straight. This is where Derani clipped the wall last year after being squeezed by V/d Zande.

Name:	20220316_131907.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	879.8 KB
ID:	74169
Turn 17 bridge position, drivers right, facing downstream. No stinking fence in sight!

Name:	20220318_091233.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	707.0 KB
ID:	74171
Same but with jumbo tron visible (and including the very welcome addition of the shade providing easy-up!)

Name:	20220319_192155.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	555.5 KB
ID:	74172
Dusk is my favorite part of the race!
Old 22 Mar 2022, 23:48 (Ref:4103922)   #172
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Great photos.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 02:07 (Ref:4103932)   #173
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Indeed some amazing perspective we don't always get to see on tv or at the track!
Old 23 Mar 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4103946)   #174
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The grass bank of the bridge behind you would be an awesome photo vantage point but I couldn’t find a way to sneak there! I believe the only good spectator view of T17 is from the grandstand on the outside, in one of the hospitality areas (Corvette?).
Old 23 Mar 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4103975)   #175
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
The grass bank of the bridge behind you would be an awesome photo vantage point but I couldn’t find a way to sneak there! I believe the only good spectator view of T17 is from the grandstand on the outside, in one of the hospitality areas (Corvette?).
Yes, plenty of folks try to get up there to snap some pics, usually it won't take long before security chases m off.

I believe the new for this year bleachers on drivers left are GA grandstands and should provide excellent viewing traffic coming into 17 and the bridge albeit not as up close as you would like.