Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Dec 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2799320)   #326
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Does homologation cover aero body panels too ?

Surly its just the tub that is homologated ?

Suspension geometry can be moved without re-homologation ..... am I correct ?

If its not too outta the way , I bet Toyota will mess about with the aero of the stock chassis , i would expect .
Old 4 Dec 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2799331)   #327
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Does homologation cover aero body panels too ?

Surly its just the tub that is homologated ?

Suspension geometry can be moved without re-homologation ..... am I correct ?

If its not too outta the way , I bet Toyota will mess about with the aero of the stock chassis , i would expect .
No, major bodywork dimensions are homologated. And as far as I understand, while the bodywork's shape isn't homologated perse (I don't believe it is), if you show up with major modifications you better have shown it to the ACO 15 days prior to the event. There's a tolerance to all the bodywork dimension's homologation; something like +/- 5 mm, to account for slight changes to geometry.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2799348)   #328
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I was thinking that . Pescarolo did a lot of work on his cars before he had to homologate them as pescarolo's .

But Mike , is the shape homologated ? What Im getting at is , I do understand that the basic measurements must be adhered to , +/- 5 mm . For example , if team A had a Lola Judd and team B had a Lola Honda , and wished to melt the bodywork around the installation because the engine was more compact ..... they can do that ?

Is it possible (allowed) for Toyota to change the shape of the bodywork , as long as they stay within the dimensions given ?

Cuz I fully expect to see some differant aero as time rolls on , once Toyota get their guru's on it .
Old 4 Dec 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2799354)   #329
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I was thinking that . Pescarolo did a lot of work on his cars before he had to homologate them as pescarolo's .

But Mike , is the shape homologated ? What Im getting at is , I do understand that the basic measurements must be adhered to , +/- 5 mm . For example , if team A had a Lola Judd and team B had a Lola Honda , and wished to melt the bodywork around the installation because the engine was more compact ..... they can do that ?

Is it possible (allowed) for Toyota to change the shape of the bodywork , as long as they stay within the dimensions given ?

Cuz I fully expect to see some differant aero as time rolls on , once Toyota get their guru's on it .
On recollection I believe the shape of the car is homologated.

1.2.2 - Modifications : the specifications listed in the Homologation Form and all the aerodynamic elements of the car can be changed only by the car manufacturer and with the ACO agreement.

Frankly I don't expect Toyota to touch Rebellion's car. It's an engine supply deal.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 04:49 (Ref:2799370)   #330
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The 3.4L V8 is the basis of the SuperGT engine, but that engine itself was taken from Formula Nippon. Not sure about IRL, that's a ways back. Perhaps the engine could be based off of their F1 engines from 2009. 2.4 liter V8's, which had NO failures in 2009 amongst TWO teams, Toyota and Williams. So that is pretty reliable in itself! Though I suspect an F1 engine would be a bit different from a LeMans engine. But then again, they used it in F-Nippon, and in their SuperGT cars. Driver situation they have quite a few in the stable. From their guys who've ran in SuperGT at least, and a few of them have taken part in their N24 program.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 05:21 (Ref:2799372)   #331
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
The feature of Toyota RV8K(it named RV8KG for SGT) is to be set up the cam gear train on the output shaft side.
It is harmonized engine with the FR layout.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2799460)   #332
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The engine code for Toyota's F1 engines is RVX-xx such as RVX-06 for their 2006 engine. Similarities in the names for whatever it's worth.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2799515)   #333
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I highly doubt that a Formula 1 engine will be seen at Le Mans in the near future as they're only designed for a life of 2000km.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2799558)   #334
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of more articles. This one states that it will be the Le Mans Series and not the ILMC, though that could be speculation on part of the author.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/to...ing-27648.html

This one talks about the Lola, but not really that much more info than we already know I believe.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...?ID=395955&FS=

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2799562)   #335
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
This one talks about the Lola, but not really that much more info than we already know I believe.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...?ID=395955&FS=
What is interesting is the angle of the partnership the article gives.
According to the article it's Toyota who selected Rebellion and Lola, and not the other way around.
This indicates that the project is something of Toyotas own initiative, which makes the future full effort project much more likely.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2799594)   #336
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I definitely think I will be supporting Rebellion a whole lot more next year. Given a good showing could bring Toyota into the fold.

It will be interesting to see how Toyota spin it from a PR perspective. All losses are for Rebellion and all wins for Toyota?
Old 4 Dec 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2799621)   #337
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Go to Acura, AER-Mazda or Nismo and they'll lease you an engine.

Will Toyota?
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2799663)   #338
TF110
Veteran

United States
This doesn't seem like a leasing deal, it seems more like, 'were Toyota, you are privileged to have our engine and services' and Rebellion pretty much is saying the same thing. I'm thinking Toyota has some promising figures from the engine. Either its got some good power or good reliability, probably both. I wouldn't doubt they're involved with the chassis either. So to me, this seems more like a half Toyota half Rebllion Lola effort, not just an engine deal.

And about the engine, if you read what I wrote, I only said the engine codes for the SuperGT engine and their F1 engine are similar.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 02:57 (Ref:2799760)   #339
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know what Toyota drivers will be involved with Rebellion, it's almost easier to determine those who probably won't. For certian Andre Lotterer is out because of his Audi LM/ILMC contract. And Lotterer's former TOM'S team mate in Super GT may be out unless he ends up at another Toyota team or is a Toyota factory driver himself with an active contract.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2799762)   #340
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The engine code for Toyota's F1 engines is RVX-xx such as RVX-06 for their 2006 engine. Similarities in the names for whatever it's worth.

Yes, Super GT engines are based on the Formula Nippon engines, however, the have absolutely nothing to do with their Formula One engines.

Toyota's RV8 engines have evolved from Indy in fact, It is a designation given to their V8 racing engines. They have been around in various displacements and configurations (including turbocharged config) for quite a while.

RV8-(A-D, 2.65L, pictured here from the Eagle 987 Indy racer)

RV8E Champ car

RV8J (3.0, old formula Nippon, Super GT GT300)

RV8K (3.4l Formula Nippon)

The Formula 1 RVX is derived from their RVX05 V10 formula engine which goes back to their beginnings in Formula 1 and perhaps even the V12 which they were initially developing.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 03:31 (Ref:2799763)   #341
TF110
Veteran

United States
I realize they aren't related, just saying in the Toyota world the engines share common names.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2799862)   #342
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm starting to wonder if we should call this thread the "Toyota TS030"?
Old 5 Dec 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2799903)   #343
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Ha no don't jinx it!!!
Old 5 Dec 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2799918)   #344
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Maybe for 2012, but 2011 is clearly all about the supply of engines to Rebellion.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2807339)   #345
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone noticed that the first Rebellion Toyota pictures posted on DSC do not have any Toyota logos on the car at all?

Is that not a bit odd if the partnership is as suggested?
Old 22 Dec 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2807372)   #346
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
Has anyone noticed that the first Rebellion Toyota pictures posted on DSC do not have any Toyota logos on the car at all?

Is that not a bit odd if the partnership is as suggested?
Are they the same as the facebook ones?

As far as I'm aware the partnership had not been officially announced at the time of the tests. Plus they were done in a certain degree of secrecy. Coupled with the death of Hugh Hayden. I don't think there was really any cause to plaster Toyota over the cars. I think the facebook pics were just an afterthought tbh.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2807389)   #347
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea if they are the same Simmi. Just found it odd that there are no Toyota or TMG logos.

You may have the answer though.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2807405)   #348
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Can anyone post these pictures?
Old 22 Dec 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2807423)   #349
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
These were the facebook ones from a week or so ago:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5863.html
Old 22 Dec 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2807470)   #350
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
These were the facebook ones from a week or so ago:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5863.html
Thanks, those i have seen before .
I was thinking more about the DSC once, they must be somewhere else on the net

Edit:
By checking their homepage, Twitter and Facebook sites the latest release is the one from the 15. December, so there are no new pictures of the car.

Last edited by CTD; 22 Dec 2010 at 18:08.