Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Feb 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2405461)   #1
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 2009 and the media

Does anyone know if Eurosport or Motors TV or anyone else is planning to broadcast the race this year?

On a similar subject, is the frequency yet known for Radio Le Mans?
Old 27 Feb 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2405481)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TV coverage?, not bothered will watch it live from the track as always.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2405486)   #3
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6

Likewise, but I like to set up the DVD recorder so that, when the winter months come and June is a long way off, I can enjoy a little bit of LM....

In addition, whoever has the rights usually has a review a week or so after the event which is a couple of months before the official DVD appears.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2405532)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
TV coverage: Eurosport
Old 27 Feb 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2405576)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Radio has been, 91.2 FM, but they have just applied for their licence from the French Radio Authority for this year. It will be allocated closer to the Le Mans date. When they do recieve it, they will post it on the front page http://www.radiolemans.com/ if it changes or not.

L.P.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2405692)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Thanks for the info which surely helps a lot of people who are not lucky enough to be there.

---

The Eurosport deal was multi-year-deal, so there is the answer. Not live on MotorsTV I'd assume since it wasn't last year either.

The coverage definitely wasn't bad last year. Except of course more hours on Eurosport 1 would be better instead of Eurosport 2 which has more limited availability. Luckily there is no clash with WTCC this year (Martin Haven should be free then?). There were some plans for upgrading the track for high-definition (for Eurosport HD) and onboard cameras on every car and stuff like that.

Eurosport has not been free-to-view here for years, so I think I'll again use the Eurosport Player, which costs like 5€ and you get to watch internet streams of Eurosport 1 and 2 for one month. Peace of mind, instead of trying to rely on not-so-legal streams which might show up or might not.

Last edited by deggis; 27 Feb 2009 at 21:41.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2406573)   #7
mufc6000
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
mufc6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Eurosport show all 24 hours last year or were there gaps of no coverage?
Old 1 Mar 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2406582)   #8
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc6000 View Post
Did Eurosport show all 24 hours last year or were there gaps of no coverage?
I think there was a gap for some sports news during the night for about 15 minutes.

Tom.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2407110)   #9
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Even so thats pretty good, beats a few hours here, a few hours there, I'd be happy as larry if I were able to get my hands on Eurosports coverage.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2407180)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Thanks for the info which surely helps a lot of people who are not lucky enough to be there.

---

The Eurosport deal was multi-year-deal, so there is the answer. Not live on MotorsTV I'd assume since it wasn't last year either.

The coverage definitely wasn't bad last year. Except of course more hours on Eurosport 1 would be better instead of Eurosport 2 which has more limited availability. Luckily there is no clash with WTCC this year (Martin Haven should be free then?). There were some plans for upgrading the track for high-definition (for Eurosport HD) and onboard cameras on every car and stuff like that.

Eurosport has not been free-to-view here for years, so I think I'll again use the Eurosport Player, which costs like 5€ and you get to watch internet streams of Eurosport 1 and 2 for one month. Peace of mind, instead of trying to rely on not-so-legal streams which might show up or might not.
For those of you not able to attend the Race, it is well worth keeping an eye on the forum, for many of the LMS races last year, links were posted to sites showing live coverage, may only be on the PC rather than widescreen telly but it was free and in conjuction with the RLM commentary was a good way to keep up with what was happening.

I think the link was a Germany TV station so RLM was also required.
Old 12 May 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2461081)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say that watching the practice on the Wednesday last year while listening to the RLM commentary (thanks to the links posted here by kind members) was fabulous. Hopefully, we can do similar again this year guys? (Got to keep me amused before I leave!)
Old 12 May 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2461159)   #12
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This week end, on Eurosport TV , they said they will get a more than 24 hours coverage between Eurosport and Eurosport 2.

To confirm
Old 13 May 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2462043)   #13
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although the exact air-times are changing on an almost daily basis, the basic plan is for, at least:

4 hours of Wednesday's 6-hour compulsory Free Practice (6-12 session, I believe we'll be on at least 8-12, but hopefully longer)

4 hours of Thursday's qualifying (7-9, 10-12, to tie in with the session times)

Saturday warm-up and historic race (not sure about Formula Le Mans race yet) then...

Full coverage of the 24 Hours... flag to flag, as they say... this will swap between Eurosport and Eurosport 2

sorry for those that do not have Eurosport 2 but it's likely that more will be on 2 than on 1... better line up Eurosport Player, those PC streaming feeds and Radio Le Mans!!

That's the basic outline... I will try and post more accurate times closer to the event... if I start now, we'll all be throughly sick of trying to keep track of the changes long before the race...
Old 13 May 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2462052)   #14
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven View Post
Although the exact air-times are changing on an almost daily basis, the basic plan is for, at least:
Thanks Martin. Do you know if the ACO are still planning to produce a HD feed this year? That was in the plans announced after last years race, but since then a bunch of bankers lost a lot of money and the world stopped turning...
Old 14 May 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2462076)   #15
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Eurosport commentators said there would be over 36 hours of coverage, thats basically the whole Le Mans week.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2479567)   #16
Knockhill Nugget
Rookie

Scotland
falkirk
Knockhill Nugget should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

word of warning to those who are hopping to record the race for some reason or another.

as many of you may no from watching eurosport in the past there programing times seem to only be a guild.

last year i was marshaling (i think) the whole weekend. after a good weekend got home and was going to spread the 24h race over the week because of work and school.

the day before i left i had set the sky+ to record the race with it jumpng back and forth between Eurosport 1&2. when i sat down to watch when th channel changed and i put the next recording on several times i would dicover that i was missing up to 30min of the race because there was a tennis over run or somthin else.

was a little annoying
Old 15 Jun 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2483775)   #17
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah . best is to sit besides the vcr and waiting for the channel change. Although it wasn't that bad this year. There was just one bigger "gap" saturday evening I think
Old 15 Jun 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2483848)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say the Eurosport player was faultless throughout the weekend.

Great commentary also.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2483855)   #19
Ryongyong
Rookie

Ryongyong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I go all cold and sweaty whenever I have to compliment Eurosport but I don't really have any choice when it comes to their Internet coverage. No satellite here, only Freeview, but £4 got me full coverage of practice and qualification, and then, best of all, a dedicated stream for the race, in widescreen, no commentary, and no adverts at all. And it worked fine from start to finish. Plugged into a 42" TV and with RLM playing in the background I was a pretty happy bunny! And then sleepy because there was never any reason to want to leave the room as the coverage just kept on and on. But anyway, great stuff and I think I'll continue subscribing as I'm sure I remember reading that they have a dedicated stream for the LMS too... possibly.

(Now all I need to do is find out how I can save the streams to watch them again later )
Old 15 Jun 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2484072)   #20
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got back last night and itching to fill in the gaps in my knowledge with some kind of TV highlights package. Hoping one comes out very soon?
Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2484096)   #21
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryongyong View Post
I go all cold and sweaty whenever I have to compliment Eurosport but I don't really have any choice when it comes to their Internet coverage. No satellite here, only Freeview, but £4 got me full coverage of practice and qualification, and then, best of all, a dedicated stream for the race, in widescreen, no commentary, and no adverts at all. And it worked fine from start to finish. Plugged into a 42" TV and with RLM playing in the background I was a pretty happy bunny! And then sleepy because there was never any reason to want to leave the room as the coverage just kept on and on. But anyway, great stuff and I think I'll continue subscribing as I'm sure I remember reading that they have a dedicated stream for the LMS too... possibly.

(Now all I need to do is find out how I can save the streams to watch them again later )
All that's left to hope for now is a "very high" quality setting like there is for E1 and E2 for the race stream next year.
(and to have quali and practice on it as well )

Tags
2009 le mans