Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1255002)   #1
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Radisich

Great effort today

Practice 1 - position 4
Practice 2 - position 7
Qualifing - Position 2
TOP 10 - position 9

What were ford / T8 thinking letting him go

I believe THE RAT will turn some heads this year

GOOD stuff - GO THE RAT and TKR ( one of the smallest teams in V8 supercars)

Well Done
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1255004)   #2
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're a busy boy, Guss. Yes, Paul Radisich is a good driver. Good effort today. You can now give PMM the special mention.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1255006)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Ceprnich and co at PMM build some bloody nice equipment
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1255008)   #4
Guss
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Ceprnich and co at PMM build some bloody nice equipment
Starting to be a proven product GTR

Radisich apparently Very Very happy, and plenty more to come!

When wasthe last time Radisich in a competitive and happy environment

Lets hope T8 treat Lowndes with respect
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1255013)   #5
Guss
Racer

Come on Peoples, give this guy (the Rat) credit where credit is due
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1255016)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As long as the budget can be kept up to the car, to get the sexy bits rotated a little... then this will be the surprise packet of the season....

... and come enduro time... WOOHOO!!!
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 18 Mar 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1255026)   #7
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The TKR team and their supporters must be very happy with Rats performance... ....totally $#&&^% brilliant.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 18 Mar 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1255029)   #8
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes we are very happy and so are the team. If you want your TKR fix, come and visit the supercar on the stand at the Hamilton Motorshow this weekend, yes a real supercar (Obviously not this years car!) Go and buy the new range of merchandise or book in for hot laps in the supercar. The stand is being staffed by a very charming gentleman.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1255075)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where was Morris? Where was Morris? I am still checking the results sheets. There must be some head scratching going on there.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1255086)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From RaceNews....

PAUL MORRIS MOTORSPORTS
18 Mar 05
MORRIS SEARCHES FOR MORE SPEED IN ADELAIDE

MORRIS SEARCHES FOR MORE SPEED IN ADELAIDE

Gold Coast driver Paul Morris is searching for more speed from his new Sirromet Wines VZ Holden Commodore in tomorrow's first race in the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship in Adelaide.

Morris today finished 19th in today's qualifying session for the Clipsal 500, which comprises 250km races tomorrow and on Sunday.

The 37-year-old clocked a fastest qualifying lap time of 1-min 23.240-secs around the 3.2km street circuit. Earlier in the day the Paul Morris Motorsports team owner and driver had been 12th in the opening practice session, and 14th in the second practice session.

Morris spun in the first practice session, and temporarily drove off the track in qualifying, but did not sustain any damage to his car in either incident. New Zealand's Paul Radisich, driving an identical PMM-built Team Kiwi Racing VZ Commodore, finished second quickest in qualifying, and was ninth in the Top 10 Shoot Out.

In 2004 Morris finished sixth in the opening race in Adelaide, after leading for several laps.

PAUL MORRIS QUOTES: "We started here with a similar (car) set-up to last year, and made some changes to the springs and 'shocks' in practice. This is a new car, but so far it doesn't seem quite as quick or consistent as what we ran with the last time we were here. We've got some other things to try. I locked the brakes on the second set of (new) tyres in qualifying and the car went around, but I got going again without any problems. Paul (Radisich) has done a good job. We've looked at the telemetry and I'm carrying too much speed into some of the corners which means I'm not getting good exits. We didn't use the air-conditioning in practice or qualifying, but it's going into the car tonight for the races."

RESULTS – QUALIFYING:
POS DRIVER CAR TIME
1. Rick Kelly HSV Dealer Team Holden Commodore 1:22.943
2. Marcos Ambrose Pirtek Ford Falcon 1:23.049
3. Steve Ellery Betta Electrical Ford Falcon 1:23.191
4. Russell Ingall Caltex Ford Falcon 1:23.242
5. Jason Bright Ford Performance Racing Falcon 1:23.442
6. Greg Murphy Super Cheap Auto Holden Commodore 1:23.495
7. Steven Richards Castrol Perkins Holden Commodore 1:23.588
8. Craig Lowndes Betta Electrical Ford Falcon 1:23.744
9. Paul Radisich Team Kiwi Holden Commodore 1:24.078
10. Mark Skaife Holden Racing Team Commodore DNS
OTHER:
19. Paul Morris Sirromet Wines Holden Commodore 1:23.240

You know it takes some ticker to stand up and say that you arent driving as well as your teammate.... and in the end, sharing the data between these 2 identically chassis-ed cars will make both better too!

My wondering is how much better the TKR car shall be with a full house Draper-inspired PMM engine under the bonnet
Old 19 Mar 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1255834)   #11
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good of Morris to state that, but in saying that i think that the Rat will show him up a lot this year, put Gurr in the car.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1255874)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatcha
Good of Morris to state that, but in saying that i think that the Rat will show him up a lot this year, put Gurr in the car.
I dont think Mr Gurr is at the right point in his career to take the drive over... take a look at the Carrera Cup... he isnt wowing them there at the moment...
Old 19 Mar 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1256311)   #13
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I dont think Mr Gurr is at the right point in his career to take the drive over... take a look at the Carrera Cup... he isnt wowing them there at the moment...
True but Davison isn't exactly setting the world on fire either in the 8s. Admittedly the qual times are a lot closer though in the 8s but he seems to spend a lot of time visiting the tourist strips in both Melbourne and now Adelaide.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1256324)   #14
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the Rat up there again. Shame about the rub with Lowndes as it would have been interesting as I think he had the pace to give the 3/4th Fords a run and I am a Ford fan.
We may now see the true potential of the team.
Baird must be kicking himself after yet another pityful show by WPS. As someone said in another thread (GTRMagic???) Its the cars Mr Gore its the cars. at least the Chrysler lead a few laps I suppose.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1256346)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How cool was TKR/PMM to fix a broken front suspension and get Mr Radisich back on the circuit?

Not too many people would have bothered....
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:48 (Ref:1256418)   #16
Guss
Racer

Disappointing to see Radisich/lowndes incident

before to incident car showed good pace, and apparently the rat is in love with frank (021)