Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2001, 01:06 (Ref:98112)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC fans?

Honestly I cannot say I am one of them but I am giving my total support to him. He is more deserving of the title this year IMHO.

What do you guys think?
Old 29 May 2001, 01:13 (Ref:98116)   #2
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm a Schumi fan but if the Regenmeister would not collect the fourth WDC, I guess I'd have to take a second guess. MH is out, way, way, way out of contention and I like the maturity that DC has shown but, before I give him my vote, I'd like to ask: Which Coulthard, the old or the new?. Last raceI had the feeling the "old" David was back again.
Old 29 May 2001, 01:16 (Ref:98117)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I was not a big fan of DC until this year really He has done his fair share of moaning and groaning in the past..He has come a long way as a driver, He is a lot calmer as a person, way more focussed driving really cleanly and very quick.. IMO worthy of the championship, I wish him the best of luck.

Go DC!
Old 29 May 2001, 01:20 (Ref:98119)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
If, and thats a very big If, he wins the championship this year, he does deserve it, as anyone does (hmmm, except Hill ) because he will have overcome the following
  • Ferrari - The best team out there
    TGF - The best driver out there
    Ron Dennis - Mr Motivation aka Mr Brain fade
    McLaren - The "will we or won't we race today" launch control system

Sorry BB, I can't see it happening
Old 29 May 2001, 01:30 (Ref:98125)   #5
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've always had respect for DC as a person. As a driver I've felt he wasn't consistent enough to be a WC contender. However this year he really seems to be cleaning up his act. And my support goes behind him 100% for the WC(heck, I'd support anybody over TGF).

Even though my favourite driver(Ralf) might still have a chance at the WC(although I doubt it) I'm still not sure that I wouldn't rather have DC win it. Becayse Ralf will have plenty of opportunities to be a WC, whereas DC may not have that many more opportunities, as Mclaren's dominance seems to be winding down.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 29 May 2001 at 01:31.
Old 29 May 2001, 01:34 (Ref:98128)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
If only his team supported him as much as you guys do, we might have a good championship fight on our hands
Old 29 May 2001, 06:40 (Ref:98184)   #7
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is better this year than last year, but i still see an akward situation being a possibility at Maclaren.
I still think MH is the better driver, and when his bad luck runs out he will show it if he has the motivation. I think it will be sad if Mika supports DC for the rest of the year, whilst being quicker, and allowing David to win the WDC.
Old 29 May 2001, 06:49 (Ref:98187)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would seem DC is our best chance of a non TGW WDC. For this he deserves our immediate and unwaivering support.

Go DC you good thing.
Old 29 May 2001, 09:29 (Ref:98243)   #9
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is definitely DC's year - look at how imcompetent Irvine was in '99 to come so close to a title, and then DC is on a psychological roll now...I think this has been his problem in the past, because the McLaren team may give him equal equipment, but he doesn't get equal psychological treatment...
Old 29 May 2001, 09:38 (Ref:98252)   #10
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 has enough of TGF's wins. Boring.... Every time the same driver is fighting for WDC. The sport will only benefit if David become WDC. Go, David!
Old 29 May 2001, 13:32 (Ref:98341)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until this weekend I would have agreed. If I hear any more outbursts from him about "idiots" who won't part like the red sea and let him sweep by unimpeded (and this is not the first time I have heard this from him), not to mention his very public Jensen Button-like social life lately which of course is not relevant to his racing but drastically lowered my opinion of him, I will change my mind and support someone else. (Not TGF.) Maybe I'll support Bernoldi. If he decides to sue everyone who mistreated him this weekend, maybe he'll settle the case if they give him the WDC!

Of course Jean Alesi is my current and permanent Manly Man on Track, but even I am not delusional enough to believe he will ever win a WDC.
Old 29 May 2001, 13:54 (Ref:98354)   #12
BBKing
Veteran

Lets put it this way. I am not asking if you would like to nominate DC the role model of the year. I am just asking who (if there are any in this forum) who supports him for the WDC.

Looking at it from an strict racing point of view I think DC deserves the title for his way of dealing with all sorts of situations. I think his ability to maintain his cool in the track and gain 2 valuable points speaks volumes of the “new” DC.

Unfortunately () the WDC it is not a personality contest, therefore it should be within DC’s reach. Then he might go on and get a deal with L’oreal and turn his square chin against the camera and say “Coz… I am worth it…"

Go and get it DC. Do a “Brave Heart” for a change. I could do the lyrics for you my brother…
Old 29 May 2001, 15:51 (Ref:98387)   #13
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: DC fans?

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

What do you guys think?
Sign me up for the 2001 DC Fan Club. Its a longshot, but I think he still has a chance if the whole team will buckle down to work and back him up. I like rooting for underdogs anyway.
Old 29 May 2001, 16:00 (Ref:98392)   #14
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After DC's plane crash last year when he came back and DOMINATED the next couple of races I thought "this guy is a lot better than he appears". That didn't last very long though did it.

Still it gave me a new level of respect for him as a driver. If he can develop a consistent level of drive and aggression (the good type) he really can be a good driver.

With MH tied for ELEVENTH in the standings DC is the only non TGF hope for the championship. I don't know if I would call myself a fan but I am cheering for him every race.
Old 29 May 2001, 17:38 (Ref:98419)   #15
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When woll Ron finally wake up to reality and realise that with DC he actaully has a chance for the WC and stop being so blind to his own favouritism towards Mika?.
Old 29 May 2001, 18:12 (Ref:98437)   #16
garyegrant
Rookie

garyegrant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am probably DC's biggest fan on this forum - I've followed him from his pre-F1 days, and through the traumatic times of his crash into the pitlane wall in '95, the whole 99 season and his aeroplane crash...

I have always felt that he is underrated and unfairly maligned by a narrow-minded few (the sort of person who feels, on the strength of 5 races, that Kimi Raikonnen is the next Senna, for example).

I really hope that this year will be one where Scotland consolidates its lead at the top of the WDCs per head of population table.
Old 29 May 2001, 19:14 (Ref:98457)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by garyegrant
I am probably DC's biggest fan on this forum - I've followed him from his pre-F1 days, and through the traumatic times of his crash into the pitlane wall in '95, the whole 99 season and his aeroplane crash...

I have always felt that he is underrated and unfairly maligned by a narrow-minded few (the sort of person who feels, on the strength of 5 races, that Kimi Raikonnen is the next Senna, for example).

I really hope that this year will be one where Scotland consolidates its lead at the top of the WDCs per head of population table.
Sorry gary ! But there's a guy who really loves DC to heart, he used to be around but we had been informed that he's too busy chasing DC around the pitlane, rather than replying around here. You can see him in a picture near DC, shortly before the saturday qualifying at Monaco.
Unfortunately we got the guy mad calling DC "BoxHead", and he couldn't bear to read that.
Old 29 May 2001, 19:19 (Ref:98458)   #18
garyegrant
Rookie

garyegrant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know, I've always preferred 'Cubehead' myself...
Old 29 May 2001, 19:22 (Ref:98459)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take a look just between DC and the girl.
Old 29 May 2001, 19:33 (Ref:98464)   #20
BBKing
Veteran

Some DC fans I know have counterattacked some DC haters with the celebrated middle finger of France 2000. I have mine ready, just in case . I reckon that the “un-sportive gesture” has gained DC a myriad of enemies around the world, especially among those blind followers of another big chinned individual better known as spoonface
Old 29 May 2001, 21:18 (Ref:98503)   #21
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally i have always been a fan of Hakkinen (probably due in part to my finnish lineage), but since he is obviously out of the running I have started to support Coulthard's bid. While he has not always had Mika's sheer speed, I do believe he is a more accomplished overtaker, despite what some would say after this weekend. With the more consistent and measured approach that he is taking this year I believe he has a chance.
And considering that M.Schumacher, who is considered the best driver on the grid, is driving what is arguably the best car on the grid, it would be a great WDC to win. And to a more selfish end, I would love to hear the excuses of the Schumacher fans if the 'Coulthard WDC' scenario did occur.
Is there a Spin Doctor in the house?
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 May 2001, 21:21 (Ref:98505)   #22
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was a DC fan, however:

I know renounce DC in favour of the woman standing on his right in the above photo. She probably can't drive, but who cares right?
Old 29 May 2001, 21:28 (Ref:98508)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Oh yes, she can drive ! Not a F1 car exactly, but I'm pretty sure she can drive anyone crazy !

I join you renouncing DC. Let the girl come !
Old 29 May 2001, 22:38 (Ref:98549)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
ditto for the girl - new poll please
Old 30 May 2001, 00:20 (Ref:98584)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

Afirmitive AMoffat...But she is on the left in my picture...