Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 17 Oct 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1435968)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toyota 90-CV

Now I have already put this in the Sportscar Forum, but i thought I would pop it in here to see if anyone here can help.We have new Toyota dealership open here in Wakefield and they have this on display.

http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?i...oyota018du.jpg

It's a Toyota 90-CV, I had a quick look through the window and located the chassis platle, and it says that it is chassis number 6. Now according to the information sheet it says it raced at Le Mans, but i'm sure about that. The drivers names which appear on the door are Geoff Lees and John Watson.

I have had a look on a couple of websites and can't find any race history for the car. From the information I have got from the sportscar forum and a few other place it has been established that Lees and Watson (with Dumfries) did share a chassis #06 at Le Mans, but it was in 89 and the car was an 89-CV.

Someone has also said that the car has a rear wing from an 89-CV version, the nose is from the 90-CV, now I have looked at several pictures of the car back in 1990 and it seems that several different rear wings where used.

Now 1990 was a bit of bad year for Team Tom's Toyota, before Le Mans they lost 2 chassis's in crashes and then another was damaged beyond repair there in the crash with Gianfranco Brancatelli Nissan.

Now looking at the records it appears that chassis's that used at LM where 03, 04 and 05. I have also found out that towards the end of the 1990 Season used a Hybrid of the 89-CV and 90-CV.

So anyone can help me with any further information on this car it would greatfully recived.