Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2003, 21:29 (Ref:547978)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Alesi backs Massa and Fisi

From Gazzetta dello Sport:

Devo dire che continuo a guardare i GP come un vero tifoso - ha detto Jean, attualmente impegnato nel campionato Dtm come pilota ufficiale Mercedes - ho visto la gara in Australia e la prima impressione è che ci siano state molte più emozioni rispetto agli anni scorsi. Personalmente mi sono divertito, anche se poi il risultato finale è stato molto condizionato dal meteo”. “Il finlandese della McLaren in questo momento è il più veloce - spiega - è bravo, fa dei bei sorpassi, è molto positivo. Io personalmente però apprezzo molto Felipe Massa”.Jean, del resto, è rimasto nel cuore di tanti appassionati per la sua guida focosa e aggressiva. “L'anno scorso ho seguito Massa e ho visto in lui quelle doti che mi fanno divertire. E lo stesso vale per Montoya. Purtroppo questa F.1 è molto condizionata dal valore delle monoposto. Un altro ottimo pilota, per esempio, è Giancarlo Fisichella, ma la Jordan non gli permette di dimostrare tutto il suo valore”.
----------------------------------------
I have to say that I continue to watch GP's like a real fan - I saw the Australian race and my first impressions are that it is much more exciting than last year, even if the final result was very much conditioned by the weather. The Finn from McLaren in this moment is the fastest, but I appreciate Felipe Massa the most. I saw Massa last year and I saw those traits in him that make me enjoy watching him. And the same for Montoya. Unfortunately, this F1 depends alot on the value of the car. Another excellent driver, for example, is Giancarlo Fisichella, but the Jordan doesn't allow him to demonstrate his value.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 22:54 (Ref:548124)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I liked Massa as well He started off as a pizza delivery boy HAHA the good old days

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:16 (Ref:548437)   #3
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Alesi is very much backing the drivers with similar driving styles to his.

As for Fisi, well all the drivers love him don't they. Hence the Bernie he won last year.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 10:16 (Ref:548502)   #4
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi is so wasted at jordan, Maybe Mclaren next year or Toyota
Old 26 Mar 2003, 10:27 (Ref:548515)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just imagine the fuss if Fisi parked a McLaren on the wrong spot on the grid!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 10:37 (Ref:548525)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Giancarlo must be allergic to one of the chemicals in the Malaysian air, which much cause brain problems.

The support for Massa is interesting, but in fairness Jean didn't crash much in his early days, unlike Massa, so I'm gonna stand by my view that Felipe isn't ready for F1 yet.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 11:55 (Ref:548582)   #7
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened with Fisi? I missed this in the highlights? I can see he retired early - didn't even set a lap time...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 13:23 (Ref:548694)   #8
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overheated the clutch when he was going for his parking license at the grid. That's how fragile these things can be...

But I still believe Fisi's a damn talented driver. He's just woeful in car parks. I'd like to see him at Toyota. He'd make a great partner for DaMatta.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 13:38 (Ref:548721)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely Fisi is going to have to really show something damn soon to be in with any chance of a decent ride next year? I still rate him - in the 2nd division though. Deserves to retain his place in F1 but if I was a major team manager, he would hardly be top of my "wanted" list....
Old 26 Mar 2003, 14:27 (Ref:548776)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice as always Alesi...we surely miss you in F1.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 14:45 (Ref:548802)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Surely Fisi is going to have to really show something damn soon to be in with any chance of a decent ride next year?

What the hell do you expect him to show in that pig of a car? Just like Alesi said, the car DOES NOT ALLOW him to show his true worth - so what do you want from him?

For cryin out loud, he's demolished every teammate he's ever had! His peers have voted him most underrated driver. He took that piece of **** to three 5th places in a row last year? What more would convince you?

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 26 Mar 2003 at 14:46.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 14:56 (Ref:548818)   #12
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
It's a real shame the top teams have never courted him...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:52 (Ref:549386)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Why though? There must be a reason the top teams pass on Fisi. I sure as hell don't know what it is, but there must be a reason.

Serious question. I've asked people to speculate on this before but nobody has come up with a logical answer. It can't be personal conflict, he could'nt have upset all the top guys. For whatever reason they don't rate him as highly as the public do, and to be honest, they are in a better position to judge than we are.

Any takers?
Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:59 (Ref:549396)   #14
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
I was going to say his english has always let him down - "I am very 'appy" - but hey - look at Kimi.

I think it's just a case of always being in the wrong place at the right time...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 23:42 (Ref:549437)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
For whatever reason they don't rate him as highly as the public do, and to be honest, they are in a better position to judge than we are.
Don't forget about the drivers! They also rate him highly, and I would argue that they are the most qualified to rate talent... but that's another story.

Why has he been passed over?
Why is Ralf driving at Williams, when it now appears that he doesn't deserve the seat?
Why is Sato a test driver, while Firman has a seat?
Why has DC remained at McLaren despite having underacheived for all these years?

These are all equally valid questions.. Because circumstances have not been so for the logical thing to happen. There are only 3 top teams:
At Ferrari, they refuse to sign Italian drivers.

At Williams, they already had a glut of good talent Montoya, Schummy Jr (?) and Button, and before that a former WDC in Hill signed -no room.

At McLaren, its been Hakkinen, DC, and now Kimi. Hakkinen is a great champion, and Kimi is the WDC of the future - but why didn't Ron sign Fisi and dump DC? That is a good question. I can only speculate its because he wants one driver who can speak proper English with the right accent and all that to keep the Brits happy?
Old 27 Mar 2003, 13:43 (Ref:549972)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Why though? There must be a reason the top teams pass on Fisi. I sure as hell don't know what it is, but there must be a reason.

Serious question. I've asked people to speculate on this before but nobody has come up with a logical answer. It can't be personal conflict, he could'nt have upset all the top guys. For whatever reason they don't rate him as highly as the public do, and to be honest, they are in a better position to judge than we are.

Any takers?
I was about to say the same, Wrex.

I don't think it's a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's been a long time there. Look at Alesi - highly rated, adored by fans and others drivers - even him had his chance with the big teams.

In the opposite, Rubens it's not highly rated among drivers and fans, and we claim that he sold his soul to be a good number 2 in Ferrari. But yet he is one of top three driver today.

Conclusion, our judgment is very different from the experts, and they know something we don't.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 13:45 (Ref:549978)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
What the hell do you expect him to show in that pig of a car? Just like Alesi said, the car DOES NOT ALLOW him to show his true worth - so what do you want from him?

For cryin out loud, he's demolished every teammate he's ever had! His peers have voted him most underrated driver. He took that piece of **** to three 5th places in a row last year? What more would convince you?
I guess I could name a couple of dozen drivers over the last 10 years about whom you could say exactly the same. The point is when you drive a c**pheap, you need a huge piece of luck to get picked to drive something better. I don't believe he will get that luck. IMO.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 14:24 (Ref:550011)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
You are probably right Aysedasi... But it will be a big shame...
Old 27 Mar 2003, 14:28 (Ref:550015)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
But yet he is one of top three driver today.

Bon, putting all your Brazilian'ness aside, do you *really* believe he is one of the top three drivers today.

He's in one of top three teams, for sure... but one of the top three drivers? This means you rate him higher than one of: Juan, Michael, Kimi...

Besides those three, I rate Fisi, Heidfeld, Jacque$, Button and *perhaps* (its a bit early to say) Alonso higher than Rubens... Why did he get the Ferrari drive? Because he was willing to play second fiddle to Michael...
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:01 (Ref:550046)   #20
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubens is a solid driver - very quick when things are to his liking. Top six certainly, for me. He's a bit like DC in my mind - tough and professional, quick under the right condiditons, but lacking that certain edge that makes the difference.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:03 (Ref:550048)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Bon, putting all your Brazilian'ness aside, do you *really* believe he is one of the top three drivers today.
Inigo, if you use the search feature through the threads in the last 3 years I posted here, you'll see that my Brazilian'ness is close to none since the 80's

I didn't say that he's one of the 3 top drivers - The experts say that, and that's why he is in one of the top teams and Fisi is not.

Once again, you see, we fall in the same cycle. Why Fisi - who is around about the same time that RB is - is not in one of the top teams ?

Quote:
He's in one of top three teams, for sure... but one of the top three drivers? This means you rate him higher than one of: Juan, Michael, Kimi...

Besides those three, I rate Fisi, Heidfeld, Jacque$, Button and *perhaps* (its a bit early to say) Alonso higher than Rubens...
I don't rate him at all... and from the three you mentioned only Michael has numbers to prove it.
The current standings are TGF, DC and RB, correct if I'm wrong, but remember, it's not me that says so.

Quote:
Why did he get the Ferrari drive? Because he was willing to play second fiddle to Michael...
Yeah , I said that in my post above !

But he states to the world that Ferrari wanted him to be next champion. Do you believe it ? Neither I... but them again, who knows ?
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:28 (Ref:550072)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nah, i'll get a tattoo of Dubya on my butt when Rubinho becomes an F1 champion with Ferrari.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 27 Mar 2003 at 15:29.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:32 (Ref:550075)   #23
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
In any case, Fisi WILL go to a strong team, and, mark my words:
Depending on which team he goes to: he'll make Flabio regret treating him like ****, Frank re-examine his conscience for signing Ralf long term, he'll have Ron up late at night questioning why he continues to give DC a ride, and finally - he'll make Ferrari look like fools in the eyes of Italians worldwide...

FORZA GIANCARLO!!!!

ps: of course, once he figures out which grid spot to park in...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 27 Mar 2003 at 15:33.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 16:53 (Ref:550149)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I'll be glad when it happens.