Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1456349)   #51
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't touched a film camera since the turn of the century, so for me it's the "old" days!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1456352)   #52
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Turn of the Century...jeeez how wierd does that sound, still makes me think of the Victorian era
Old 9 Nov 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1456377)   #53
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i enjoy a good chimp now and again, but i also miss the "old days". i last took a film body with me to le mans in 2004, 2003 i used both also, 2002 was the last all film le mans for me, 2001 i wish i'd had a good digital camera with me as the weather was so pants! (although i did get my avatar picture on the wednesday night qualifying). 2000...man that was some race...some weather...the pictures i got those 24 hours...i know what you can do in photoshop with digital, i love the convenience and like i say i love a good chimp, but when you see colours like that with your velvia waiting to be mounted in the darkroom...makes me wanna cry!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1456684)   #54
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had to do a job using trannie the other day and I kept Chimping! ...booked an appointment in at the docters soon afterwards!! Gone are the days of moist Chimping for a while....as I'll be at Homestead in a few days time...yippee!!!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1456686)   #55
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Pigit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel better ive just took some piccies of my new puppy and i CHIMPPED i say it loud and proud C H I M P CHIMP CHIMP CHIMP
Old 9 Nov 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1456690)   #56
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigit
I feel better ive just took some piccies of my new puppy and i CHIMPPED i say it loud and proud C H I M P CHIMP CHIMP CHIMP
Sounds like Mary Poppins to me.............. Chimp chimp-a-nee chimp chimp-a-nee chimp chimp cheree......

I'd always wondered what that song was about
Old 14 Nov 2005, 05:42 (Ref:1460067)   #57
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know no shame, I chimp.

Old 14 Nov 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1460475)   #58
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to print myself a t-shirt...

"I'm not chimping - I'm checking the Histogram (honest)"
Old 16 Nov 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1462732)   #59
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
here's a serious defence of it, when doing grin and grab press type stuff with on-camera flash (or there-a-bouts) even with the newer flashes, it helps to dial it in with a quick glance, especially if everyone is wearing black suits, or there's reflective stuff around. I do all my post-prod and the rest here, so its worth a 1/3rd or two of a stop up or down for not spending more time later screwing around too much (especially at high asa's in iffy dark ambient situations)

and then there's dialing in timing and subject placement. With Nikons, since the Li-Ion batteries came out, things are much better, and a tap of the shutter button turns the screen off right away, thats my habit anyway.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1500240)   #60
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and Pete got caught in the act by my dad today...

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/asi_06/chimping.jpg
Old 13 Jan 2006, 00:47 (Ref:1500282)   #61
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And look who else in in that shot! On the far right is our friend DSC Ed!

Nice double chimp btw
Old 13 Jan 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1500344)   #62
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
I'm going to print myself a t-shirt...

"I'm not chimping - I'm checking the Histogram (honest)"
I like the sound of that on the front and on the back :

"Chimping Tour 2006...
LMS series
Le Mans"

you get the idea
Old 15 Jan 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1501855)   #63
Peter_May
Rookie

England
Maidstone
Peter_May should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With that evidence there's no point denying it, I Chimp!
Old 15 Jan 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1501955)   #64
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the question we should be asking here is did Mikes dad chimp when he took the photo? And if so, would that make it a triple chimp?