Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2528207)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two other contenders for me would be Montreal and Mexico City.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2528242)   #27
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, both with history in the Group C era.

Chris
Old 26 Aug 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2528274)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
this "K" stuff is real endurance racing, superior to the 2:45 here in the US or the 1:30 race at Long Beach which is not at all endurance racing........
seriuosly losing my sarcastic edge in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
What's wrong with Laguna Seca?
not a damn thing....but if were limited choices to 3 NA races, i'd choose the big 2 and Road America for sure, with LS as a very close 4th. i think it be nice to have 4, but you'd have to add a Maple Leaf race; Mosport IMO. no offense to LS what so ever there, my boy.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2532392)   #29
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
TBH, when DJ offered Bathurst, waaay back up the thread, my first thought was Laguna's Corkscrew... Seeing as they have something similar coming off The Mountain in Oz.

Hmmm. WORLD series?
Argentina
Sebring
Monza
Brands
LM24
Hockenheim (Seeing as you can't use the Nordschleife any more!)
Spa
PLM
Mosport
Australia

If you pair 'fly aways' for Euro teams, it will add to your entries?
Ditto with Euro fly aways for US teams.

NO requirement to enter every round. But subsidise travel for teams from elsewhere?

Could be good.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2532431)   #30
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was in the press conference when this was announced, and chatted to a few of the people involved as well as a fair few teams. This is the best guess that I can come up with

Sebring 12 Hours
Spa 1000km OR Silverstone 1000km
Le Mans
Abu Dhabi 1000km / Dubai 1000km
Petit Le Mans
A 1000km race in Japan.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2532454)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so most likely just a handful or half dozen races? i guess they could add a race or two in the coming years.

just hope PLM will always be on the list as it will be the only race i could attend every year.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2532517)   #32
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a race in the middle east is something I hadn't considered, but I suppose it is likely.

March Sebring
April le mans pre qualifying
May Spa
June le mans {non championship}
August Silverstone
September Petit le mans
October Japan
November Dubai

Each race class winner or next best (limit 2 per team) gets a le mans entry - sebring & spa count for the current years race

Top 2 from FIA GT2 get le mans entry

ALMS & LMS top 2 in class get le mans entry

ALMS spec class + FLM champion get le mans entry in P2 or GT.

Top 2 in class from the year + top 2 in class from previous le mans get FREE le mans entry

Pre qualifying bought back properly with the rest of the le mans field accepted based on speed, reliability, consistency and frugality.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2532552)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
From the endurance info AsLMS-article
Quote:
Rappelons enfin que les vainqueurs des différentes catégories remporteront une sélection d'office pour les 24 Heures du Mans 2010. Rendez-vous du 30 octobre au 1e novembre pour le lancement de l'Asian Le Mans Series, "une composante essentielle du projet de Trophée Intercontinental que nous avons la ferme volonté de mettre sur pieds en 2011, et qui comprendra une sélection de 5 Ã* 7 courses des Séries Le Mans : ALMS, LMS et Asian" a déclaré Rémy Brouard, Directeur Général de l'ACO.
If I did translate this correctly, there'll be no Intercontinental Challenge next year, but only in 2011. Might help to convince Audi to do a full ALMS campaign next year...
Closed Thread