Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3203333)   #101
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
So has anyone else heard that ST may not be coming to Ruapuna in March?

Still no entries for Hampton online!
Wasn't that confirmed when MSNZ decided to not go with the double header at Taupo?

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/01/3...ng-falls-over/
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3203334)   #102
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Nzstfan, bravo, awesome acting. I almost believe you believe what you say!
From day one those engines were touted as pure race engines derived from the Le Man's programme.
The whole thing has been an utter debacle.
I'm sorry SB, but why is that 'acting' as you put it? I do know some things about race engines. Sure, not as much as i'd like too, but hey, you can't have everything can you....

I have just outlined some facts, which is something i thought you were all about?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3203335)   #103
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am guessing that CCC is saying that even though it was announced
that things since then have changed and it now may not happen for some reason.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3203336)   #104
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Ok, then maybe ccc would like to indulge, and even better, put it into the 2013 V8ST thread for conversation
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3203338)   #105
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I'm sorry SB, but why is that 'acting' as you put it? I do know some things about race engines. Sure, not as much as i'd like too, but hey, you can't have everything can you....

I have just outlined some facts, which is something i thought you were all about?
I'm sorry but you have been trying to tell us the engines are road car engines. From day 1 they were advertised as purpose built race engines.

Also like others have asked, keen to know when the teams were told they were allowed to do the mods on the engines.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3203339)   #106
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
so, does the heads of NZST have to fall on their sword and payout any ugrade costs for a motor that was to last 10,000 RACE km.

is the failure report available in the public domain ??
I was just replying to your post on the TL car. I don't run or have anything to do with the running of ST. I would say you are better off asking Mark that. here's his number.......6
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3203340)   #107
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Nzstfan, bravo, awesome acting. I almost believe you believe what you say!
From day one those engines were touted as pure race engines derived from the Le Man's programme.
The whole thing has been an utter debacle.

And still they have twenty cars and more coming, sponsors, live TV, the biggest names in NZ touring car racing, drivers from all major categories wanting to race in the enduros and bigger crowds than any other circuit racing category in the country.

Heaven help you doubters if they ever get it right eh!??
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3203343)   #108
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
And still they have twenty cars and more coming, sponsors, live TV, the biggest names in NZ touring car racing, drivers from all major categories wanting to race in the enduros and bigger crowds than any other circuit racing category in the country.

Are you sure about all that you written here? Might be interesting to see what happens in the next month? Let alone in the next week!
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3203346)   #109
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post

Yeah true that

Brick wrote:
I'm sorry but you have been trying to tell us the engines are road car engines. From day 1 they were advertised as purpose built race engines.

Also like others have asked, keen to know when the teams were told they were allowed to do the mods on the engines.

Thanks for the apology, and i'm sure they are 'purpose' built race engines, but based off a crate platform with mods done as per ST specs. Hey, they got a few things wrong, made everyone aware of it, and then did their best to fix. Dont you think thats commendable from a class that is wishing to progress the sport further?

Anyway why would i know anything about when teams are going to be advised stuff? are you trying to imply something? Please do expand, I am all ears/eyes whatever.....
Old 12 Feb 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3203355)   #110
Member CCC
Rookie

Quote:
Ok, then maybe ccc would like to indulge, and even better, put it into the 2013 V8ST thread for conversation
This was a post that I put on the 2013 V8ST thread but interestingly it was shut down when things were going their way!
Info I was given about ST and the March calendar event TBC. Firstly there was never a plan for MSNZ to have ST at their Taupo event in fact in their season program that was printed before Christmas the event schedule was published with 9 classes running so where was there room for ST to run. My understanding was that it was talked about in the ST MSNZ meeting but there was no agreement. I was also told that a week or so ago Mark Petch went to Taupo Motorsport park to try and negotiate to take over the March MSNZ Championship date and backdoor the sport. Not exactly working with MSNZ to bring things back together! My question to you is why are ST still trying to organize a March date? Is it because they burnt Manfeild and were totally disorganized and haven't got their **** together to plan a calendar?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3203358)   #111
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
couldn't answer that ccc. I wouldn't know what goes on the depths of ST, I am, as stated on here many times, a fan, albeit a rather enthusiastic one.

I'm sure your contacts that you claim you have (e.g you were 'told' by someone about Taupo etc) will have all the info you need.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3203359)   #112
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does any of this have to do with Rd 1 at Hampton Downs this weekend?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3203361)   #113
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Some of it does apply (e.g. the engine mods etc), some of it is haters hating.

Agree tho, going off topic.

Question: SVG makes his debut in a ST this weekend, but after doing the SC test day on saturday. He will have no practice sessions, only qualy and the races.

How do you all think he will go?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3203364)   #114
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
What does any of this have to do with Rd 1 at Hampton Downs this weekend?
Agree.

I've already requested to Woolley that the other SuperTourer thread be re-opened, so that all the slap-fights and twaddle and go there instead of in the specified round-threads.

Interesting to see that both Simon Evans and Kayne Scott are in the drivers list released this evening. Are Team 4 expanding?

As far as SVG goes, I think he'll be near the pointy end. Didn't take him long to get used to the Porsche he was racing last weekend. I think he'll do fine.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3203366)   #115
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Yeah i hope so too, i'd like to see SVG do well, i think he's copped a fair bit of flack over his 'decision' irrespective of what peoples thoughts are.

He's pure class really and seems to take too anything that has wheels and a throttle
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3203368)   #116
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wicked, another one

Quote:
Question: SVG makes his debut in a ST this weekend, but after doing the SC test day on saturday. He will have no practice sessions, only qualy and the races.

i hope it is wet for at least a half race distance, and watch Giz absolutely smoke them. if dry, top five with Murf, Booth Hiemgartner and Scotty Mac. that only works if Murf chickens out of spearing Boothy off for the "wind-up"
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3203372)   #117
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some of it does apply (e.g. the engine mods etc), some of it is haters hating.

Agree tho, going off topic.

SC guys will get some practice.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3203373)   #118
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
your loving these quizes aye Joe

Weather forecast does look rain free, but there could be a stiff-ish SW develop through the day, could bring some cloud cover
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3203374)   #119
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Agree.

Interesting to see that both Simon Evans and Kayne Scott are in the drivers list released this evening. Are Team 4 expanding?
Scott in #12, the second MPC car is it not? MPC this year to be Scott, SVG and Heimgartner i've read?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3203375)   #120
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
your loving these quizes aye Joe

Weather forecast does look rain free, but there could be a stiff-ish SW develop through the day, could bring some cloud cover
back at ya!!

on which lap, if at all, will Murf and Boothy bingle ??
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3203377)   #121
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
back at ya!!

Or Murph and anyone else? Can't wait until Sunday!!
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3203379)   #122
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
back at ya!!

Lap one for sure!

But which race?

(thats 3 chocky fishes you may have now, chance to go for a fourth)
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3203381)   #123
Member CCC
Rookie

Ok I will stay on the subject R1 -V8 SuperTourers - Hampton Downs may not even happen! From what I read in an email today unless Hampton Downs are paid their circuit hire money in advance the gates will stay locked!
TV production in doubt once again money not paid probably no TV!

My prediction there will be no R2 -V8 SuperTourers - Ruapuna thread
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3203382)   #124
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Ok I will stay on the subject R1 -V8 SuperTourers - Hampton Downs may not even happen! From what I read in an email today unless Hampton Downs are paid their circuit hire money in advance the gates will stay locked!

crikey, there be no choccy fish if you right on these to points, i might share my winnings though
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3203383)   #125
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:

Interesting, we should lock that prediction in and see how you go.

In fact, just seen an ad on TV3 for the supertourers, 3pm sunday. You should lock it in, you may enjoy it.