Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 May 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1297115)   #26
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Another excellent weekend at Anglesey, many thanks to the BRSCC NW.

Happy birthday to Ali G aka brsccnw
Old 10 May 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1297479)   #27
Jan Gower
Racer

Jan Gower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah happy birthday (for yesterday) Ali, thanks for all you have done for us marshals.
Old 10 May 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1297575)   #28
little ron
Rookie

little ron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Gower
..... We were megga busy in the pits, that meeting has to be a record for drivers required to visit the COC.
That must be down to that 'over-enthusiastic observer' at Radar.

I remember it well,

"Car number 8, two wheels on the grass at Radar"
"Car number 8, four wheels on the grass at Radar"
"Car number 8, backwards, on the grass at Radar"
"Car number 8, backwards, on the grass, in the next field, at Radar"

Old 10 May 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1297907)   #29
Magnet
Racer

Ireland
Anglesey, North Wales
Magnet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great weekend at the 'Holiday Camp' (aka Anglesey) full grids, great atmosphere, close racing and 'Little Ron' getting his facts all wrong again! . Where were you Little Ron? certainly not at the Observers briefings otherwise you would realize that the Observers at 2, 3 and 4 didn't report half of what they could have done. "Over enthusiastic Observer at Radar" - I don't think so! I know because I was there, just doing my job! Regardless of that, thanks to all who made it to the island for the weekend and we look forward to seeing you all again (even.....sorry....especially little ron) at the next meeting.
Old 11 May 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1298298)   #30
little ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet
Another great weekend at the 'Holiday Camp' (aka Anglesey) full grids, great atmosphere, close racing and 'Little Ron' getting his facts all wrong again! . Where were you Little Ron? certainly not at the Observers briefings otherwise you would realize that the Observers at 2, 3 and 4 didn't report half of what they could have done. "Over enthusiastic Observer at Radar" - I don't think so! I know because I was there, just doing my job! Regardless of that, thanks to all who made it to the island for the weekend and we look forward to seeing you all again (even.....sorry....especially little ron) at the next meeting.
Magnet,

You got me all wrong ! I was reffering to a conversation on here 12 months ago from the same meeting. I was in the pitlane stood next to Jan (doing a spannering job for a mate in Number 8) all we could 'overhear' via Jans walkie talkie was a report on badly our bloke was doing. Sure enough after the race Jan went marching down the pitlane and felt his collar. We had a chat about it on here later.

We weren't there at all this year (no funds) I only really stopped by to say hello and ask if anybody missed us.............i'll get me coat!!!!!!!
Old 11 May 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1298584)   #31
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by little ron
I only really stopped by to say hello and ask if anybody missed us.............i'll get me coat!!!!!!!

Well LR we did miss you actually!
Although numbers 20, 33,34, etc took over from where your driver left off
Old 11 May 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1298733)   #32
Magnet
Racer

Ireland
Anglesey, North Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by little ron
Magnet,

You got me all wrong ! I was reffering to a conversation on here 12 months ago from the same meeting. I was in the pitlane stood next to Jan (doing a spannering job for a mate in Number 8) all we could 'overhear' via Jans walkie talkie was a report on badly our bloke was doing. Sure enough after the race Jan went marching down the pitlane and felt his collar. We had a chat about it on here later.

We weren't there at all this year (no funds) I only really stopped by to say hello and ask if anybody missed us.............i'll get me coat!!!!!!!
Sorry about that little ron but you can see where I'm comin' from, if it wasn't for me paranioa I wouldn't care what people think. We'd best put it down to my age Couldn't quite work out the No8 bit of your thread cos I couldn't even remember phoning a number 8 in. Mind you there were plenty of others to phone in...3 days on and I have just about got the dust out of my eyes! Sorry to rub it in but you missed a great weekend... hope to see you next time.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1298763)   #33
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet
and I have just about got the dust out of my eyes! Sorry to rub it in
Don't rub it in, eye drops are better, then you just need to blink a bit.
On my flying visit to Radar, I didn't notice any reporting of corner cutting, wheels off etc, but probably that was because the cars out at that time didn't have doors.
I know Ty Croes used to be an MOD site, but that bloke from DS Images made it look like a World War One trench, peeking over the tyres and shooting everything in sight. [You would have needed to be there]
Old 12 May 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1298932)   #34
little ron
Rookie

We're hoping to do the last few Oultons this year (about 5 on the trot I think) but we can't make the next Anglesey as we're jollying off to Le Mans.

Do you chaps do all the Anglesey meets or just the BRSCC NWFF Stuff?
Old 12 May 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1299053)   #35
Magnet
Racer

Ireland
Anglesey, North Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Don't rub it in, eye drops are better, then you just need to blink a bit.
On my flying visit to Radar, I didn't notice any reporting of corner cutting, wheels off etc, but probably that was because the cars out at that time didn't have doors.
I know Ty Croes used to be an MOD site, but that bloke from DS Images made it look like a World War One trench, peeking over the tyres and shooting everything in sight. [You would have needed to be there]
Ah! much better with the eye drops in Diz, know exactly what you mean about the DS Images guy... didn't know it stood for 'Dangerous Snapper' beware he will get you!! Didn't know who he was at first, just thought he was a very small photographer
Now I understand why you don't make Anglesey LR...saving up for Le Mans eh! well have a good time, the racing might be different than Anglesey but the views aren't as good !!