Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2167929)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 2008 round 3 - Bahrain GP, Sakhir (04/04/08-06/04/08).

Sadly, the next event on the 2008 F1 calendar is scheduled for Bahrain. An interminably dull track with a distinct lack of camels and desert things. Lots of sand mind.

Expect lots of talk about Massa "having to deliver now" and a new kind of catastrophic car failure on one of the Red Bull machines. Do not, however, expect to spot Max Mosley who will be spending this weekend no doubt having a nice cup of tea and a sit down in one of his apartments. A well earned break Max.

So, how do things stand after two rounds...

Drivers standings
 DriverTeamNationalityPoints
Lewis HamiltonMcLaren-MercedesBritain14
Kimi RaikkonenFerrariFinland11
Nick HeidfeldBMW-SauberGermany11
Heikki KovalainenMcLaren-MercedesFinland10
Robert KubicaBMW-SauberPoland8
Nico RosbergWilliams-ToyotaGermany6
Fernando AlonsoRenaultSpain6
Jarno TrulliToyotaItaly5
Kazuki NakajimaWilliams-ToyotaJapan3
Sebastien BourdaisToro Rosso-FerrariFrance2
Mark WebberRed Bull-RenaultAustralia2

Constructors standings
 TeamPoints
McLaren-Mercedes24
BMW-Sauber19
Ferrari11
Williams-Toyota9
Renault6
Toyota5
Red Bull-Renault2
Toro Rosso-Ferrari2

Car graphics by www.andyblackmoredesign.com.

Bahrain GP: recent results
Year1st place2nd place3rd place
2007Felipe MassaLewis HamiltonKimi Raikkonen
2006Fernando AlonsoMichael SchumacherKimi Raikkonen
2005Fernando AlonsoJarno TrulliKimi Raikkonen
2004Michael SchumacherRubens BarrichelloJenson Button

DriverLaptime
2007 fastest lapFelipe Massa1m34.067
2007 pole positionFelipe Massa1m32.652
Lap recordMichael Schumacher1m30.252 (set in 2004)

Circuit stuff
Track map
Timetable
Event artwork

Forum links
Chat
Predictions competition
Fantasy competition

ADDENDUM

Just for the record ladies and gents, the "RATE" thread for each GP will be opened after each race and closed sometime in the week of the next, so get your votes straight

Sorry to invade your nice post Knowlesy...

Last edited by Bononi; 3 Apr 2008 at 17:48.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2167977)   #2
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I think Massa could be better suited to this track than even Malaysia (where he took pole and led some of the race). I don't have enough faith in him to list him in my top eight for the predictions competition - but I expect we could see an improvement.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2168029)   #3
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy
Personally I think Massa could be better suited to this track than even Malaysia (where he took pole and led some of the race). I don't have enough faith in him to list him in my top eight for the predictions competition - but I expect we could see an improvement.
I also wonder what's going to be this time for him...another "don't know how"spin?...another DC?...another kerb...well, everyone can have a bad day.

And I also lost faith in him, but I wish him 2nd place and fastest lap
Old 2 Apr 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2168033)   #4
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My two predictions for this weekend (from pure gut feeling in the last 15 seconds) are:

1) A resurgent Massa getting another pole - but perhaps not a race win
2) Kubica to be bloody quick again. Top 3 on the grid.

I reckon BMW could very well get their first win at or by Monaco this year - not much longer to wait
Old 2 Apr 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2168067)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari will walk to victory, followed by Toyota, BMW and then McLaren.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2168077)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I suppose the big question is *drum roll*.....will it rain ?

Monty-wotsisname says this. > "If Massa wins the championship at the end of the year, nobody will care or remember about the start of the season."

Last edited by Marbot; 2 Apr 2008 at 18:54.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 23:56 (Ref:2168254)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
No chance of rain,although it could get a bit 'blowy' from time to time.
Old 3 Apr 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2168501)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy
I don't have enough faith in him to list him in my top eight for the predictions competition - but I expect we could see an improvement.
So he might finish, but not in the top 8...that's not much of an improvement. I expect him to continue to be fast but a bit rubbish...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 3 Apr 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2168545)   #9
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Lots of sand mind.

If this isn't the worst stop on the F1 calendar, it's awfully bloody close.
Old 3 Apr 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2168557)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to the race so I'll let you know first hand.

And Martin, we have some minor sandstorms at the moment.
Old 3 Apr 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2168855)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Argh... that must be... grainy ???
Old 3 Apr 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2168862)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, but we'll exercise true grit and shall not desert our posts.
Old 3 Apr 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2168864)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Don't exercise that... you know what I mean... no good in such places...
Old 3 Apr 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2168938)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'd be surprised if it's not a Ferrari walkover, very surprised.

Mclaren v BMV for best of the rest?
Old 3 Apr 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2169022)   #15
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My hope is that the dust will make the track hard to drive, it will be like Melbourne with only a handful of finishers, and Takuma Sato wins the GP.

But my brain says Raikkonen. Anyway, the predictions thread is elsewhere :P

How about, if Massa again fails to finish, will this raise a significant chance that he might not see the year out?
Old 3 Apr 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2169048)   #16
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this all sounds a bit familier , last year it was kimi who was no good and would be thrown out at years end and look what happened,it aint over til its over .massa may well do a kimi yet......
Old 4 Apr 2008, 03:33 (Ref:2169189)   #17
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I doubt Massa will spin again this track is way too simple.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 05:03 (Ref:2169205)   #18
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He managed to in '06!... almost taking out Alonso if I recall correctly...

He gets the third step of the podium in my predictions.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2169249)   #19
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there another place to watch livetiming which isn't formula1.com?
Old 4 Apr 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2169265)   #20
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone got ITV's live video stream working?
Old 4 Apr 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2169271)   #21
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine is working again.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 08:15 (Ref:2169283)   #22
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The link from the last couple rounds:

http://itv-80.vo.llnwd.net/d1/broadb...astPlayer.html

isn't working any more... Anyone have a link for the video for those outside the UK? The above was working last time.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2169417)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's on SpeedTV if you have access to that online somewhere Rotorfan.

I know it's only practice but Rosberg and Williams third fastest this morning, well done.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2169434)   #24
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have it via Eurosports
Old 4 Apr 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2169442)   #25
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
They have changed the link to a generic link of http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoLive.aspx so unsure what can be done to help you non-uk based people.

It is pretty stuttery for me.. Same for others? It works OK for a bit but then has long periods of stuttering. Was the same this morning. And even went down for a few minutes. Confirmed with others that it was the same for them.

ITV get an A+ for effort... but sadly a D- for performance.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.