Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > Champ/Indy - Fantasy League/Predictions Contest

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1270642)   #1
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasy Racing League

Does anyone know if we are going to be doing the Fantasy Racing League for this season? If we are doing it then we all need to get our teams picked soon cuz we only have 5 days till the first race!!! I had a blast with it last season.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1270767)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Unfortunately, I simply will not have the time to run a game this year. Suzmac. There's too much going on around here. Sorry!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1270859)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
macdaddy as you can't run it, could someone take over temporary?

Last edited by luke; 5 Apr 2005 at 13:55.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1270862)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
It wouldn't be temporary, and beware that it's a time-consuming effort!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1270961)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone disappointed by the loss of the fantasy grid - do remember to enter the new predictions competition.

It's Hot Topicked at the top of the forum.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 00:50 (Ref:1271370)   #6
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I officially can't live without the fantasy grid. I'll step up to the plate and run it I suppose, if that's cool with everyone.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 01:02 (Ref:1271378)   #7
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go for it. Our sponsors are all lined up and looking for a place to race. All we need now is a set of rules. Long Beach here we come!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 01:36 (Ref:1271396)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
If you guys want to run a fantasy competition go ahead

I must add however that it will be the "Unofficial ten tenths fantasy game"

Kb's pickems competition will stand as the "Official" game for season 2005 and thus have the only prize of winner a 1 year subscription to Ten tenths.

but that doesnt mean we cant have a fantasy game running as well but i thought I would just add that
Old 6 Apr 2005, 03:21 (Ref:1271430)   #9
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
well alright then. How are these for rules: (Pretty much the same as last year, trying to keep it simple)

Pick 3 drivers and earn get the points for the top two of your drivers in any given race and the third driver is subject to hard charger/slider points (+/-1 point for each position gain/lost). –5 points for each of your driver that gets a dnf, +10 points for having all three drivers on the podium.

If your driver misses a race due to illness/injury etc, the driver that replaces him will score in his place. If the driver is replaced permanently, you may select another driver to replace him.

Sound good? Start the press releases!

Oh, and you have until the start of the first practice to finalise your teams in order to score for Long Beach. Otherwise you'll have to wait until Monterrey to start earning points.

Last edited by Omega99; 6 Apr 2005 at 03:22.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 04:12 (Ref:1271441)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I hope there doesn't end up being as many identical teams as there were last season! I think there were two different cases where four people had the same team!

Thanks for stepping up, Omega. I would have loved to have run the game again this year, that was my intention all along, but last week I suddenly found myself to be a single parent and life ain't like it used to be.

Check your PM's.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1271766)   #11
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My condolances macdaddy, hope it all shakes out for you mate!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1271889)   #12
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Immediate Release

Team Smersh to compete in 2005 Bridgestone presents Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford Fantasy Racing League

After last years rookie team finished an impressive 7th place, Team Smersh is back and ready to race.

Team Smersh is proud to welcome back last years drivers of Paul Tracy and Alex Tagliani, and is pleased to announce the signing of 2002 Champion Cristiano da Matta.
With this driver lineup we believe we can improve to a top 3 overall finish this year.

After last years impressive finish, Team Smersh principal Peter Friesen has made only a few changes within the team. With signing of Da Matta, Team Smersh was able to get major sponsorship from MolsonCoors. Cristiano will have his car sponsored by A Marca Bavaria, Paul will have his sponsored by Coors Light and Alex will be driving the Molson Canadian car. Additional sponsorship deals come from Magna International, Home Hardware and the Government of Canada Unity Fund.

Team Smersh runs Lola chassis powered by Ford on Bridgestone tires.

Drivers and their sponsors are:
Paul Tracy(CDN) Coors Light, Home Hardware
Cristiano da Matta(BRA) A Marca Bavaria, Magna International
Alex Tagliani(CDN) Molson Canadian, Government of Canada

Team Principal and Chief Engineer: Peter Friesen
Director of Operations: Frank Stronach
Press Officer: Paul Lassiter

Paul Lassiter, Press Officer, Team Smersh
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1271911)   #13
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ANDREW DENMAN RACING
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Andrew Denman Racing is proud to announce a return to the Champcar ranks for a 2nd season in the fantasy league. Although it may be a challenge juggling this program with the V8 Supercar program already in place (especially when we go to the Gold Coast in October!), our support for the series is stronger than ever.

As far as our driver lineup is concerned, we have chosen 3 drivers with one eye to the present, and another to the future. Leading the squad driving the #33 car will be perennial bridesmaid Bruno Junquiera. Alongside him in the #41 entry will be the great white hope of Australia, Marcus Marshall. And to compliment this pairing, driving the #51 entry is none other than Andrew Ranger, who has impressed all in pre-season testing.

We would like to acknowledge the many sponsors who will be on the car this season. Our primary backer for the season will be Skilled Engineering, with support from Problem Gambling Victoria, Freeservers-server of the Andrew Denman Racing website (http://andrewdenmanracing.freeservers.com) and also Reebok. Lexmark and Toll Holdings are expected to be on board for the Korean and Gold Coast races. To simplify, our entries are:

#33. Bruno JUNQUIERA (BRA)
#41. Marcus MARSHALL (AUS)
#51. Andrew RANGER (CAN)

Looking forward to another great season.

Matthew Letts/Mick Jeffrey
Media Manager/Owner and Co-Founder
Andrew Denman Racing

Last edited by stmookeyj033; 6 Apr 2005 at 17:59.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1271956)   #14
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks for taking the responsibility of running our racing league Omega!! I am so excited about it and looking forward to seeing how the season turns out. I will have my team press conference out in the next couple days!!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1271958)   #15
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Producto De Mexico Racing
Is saddened to announce that it will not compete a sophmore season lack of talented drivers have lead to a severe disinterest by Mexican sponsors in the CCWS in the sponsorship of the remaining Mexican drivers.

Never the Less it is with great pleasure that I announce the Formation of Crunkalicous Viva Mexico Racing. Rising from the ashes of the now defunct Producto De Mexico Racing rises Crunkalicous Viva Mexico Racing with Mario Dominguez piloting the number 28 Lola sponsored by Sauza Tequila and the lime growers of Central Mexico, Paul Tracy Piloting our number 23 Lola sponsored by Absolut Vodka and the Orange Juice producers of Mexico, Finally our third driver will be Formula 1 seasoned driver and 2002 CCWS champion Cristiano da Matta, piloting our number 13 Lola sponsored by Bacardi 151 darm rum and the Brazilian Coke bottlers. Furthermore all of our cars will carry Crunk Juice livery on their rear wings.

Crunkalicous Viva Mexico Racing pledges its full comittment to the CCWS.
-Lets Get Crunk-

Sheik Dagoberto Ferreti
Owner
Old 6 Apr 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1271994)   #16
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Ok ok, hang on a second. Macdaddy had a really good idea for the competition, and that was to split the drivers into a number of categories and pick one driver from each category, and that's your team. It prevents stacking teams and might help to reduce the number of duplicate teams as well.

The teams that have been submitted already look quite fair, and I would try to set up the categories so that you could pick all of your drivers again, but I haven't really decided much about the idea yet.

Say you pick five drivers from 5 categories or something? How does that sound? Or should we just keep with tradition and just develop some kind of system to prevent stacking teams?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1272046)   #17
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Omega, How about dividing last years returning drivers into 3 groups, with no more than 1 driver per group allowed on a team. No limits on picking rookies.

Just my 2 cents
Old 6 Apr 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1272105)   #18
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
That sounds like a pretty solid idea. And I think I'll ban duplicate car lineups. with 20 drivers to choose from, there are almost 7000 combinations, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll get on that after dinner. I've got a Stats lab to finish off right now.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:15 (Ref:1272179)   #19
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
I've split the drivers into two groups. Group A consists of the top drivers on the top teams, of which you can select a maximum of two drivers, but there is no minimum. Group B are the drivers with less experience or on lesser teams. There are no restrictions on Group B

Group A
Paul Tracy
Bruno Junqueira
Sebastien Bourdais
Christiano daMatta
AJ Allmendinger
Justin Wilson

Group B
Mario Dominguez
Oriol Servia
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Ronnie Bremer
Bjorn Wirdheim
Nelson Phillipe
Andrew Ranger
Jimmy Vasser
Timo Glock
Marcus Marshall
Alex Tagliani
The Jensen Motorports driver (TBA)
The other Coyne driver (TBA)

It was kind of tough to do this, and I almost put JV and Tag in Group A, but Jimmy's had some bad luck these past few years and Tag's on a team with a lot of unknown's right now. I also almost put Dominguez in Group A, but because Tenoch already submitted his team, which seems quite fair, I let him ride in Group B

No duplicate entries will be allowed, so it's first come first serve. I'll update the entry list whenever I get the chance and keep everyone updated on who's on what team.

And just to restate the rules:
Pick 3 drivers and earn get the points for the top two of your drivers in any given race and the third driver is subject to hard charger/slider points (+/-1 point for each position gain/lost). –5 points for each of your driver that gets a dnf, +10 points for having all three drivers on the podium. (you can't score both a dnf and hard slider penalties for the same driver. If he dnf's that cancels out the hard slider penalty)

If your driver misses a race due to illness/injury etc, the driver that replaces him will score in his place. If the driver is replaced permanently, you may select another driver to replace him.

You can make all the changes you want until the start of first practice. Good luck to all!

Last edited by Omega99; 7 Apr 2005 at 02:19.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1272186)   #20
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
And now for my team:

OMEGA MOTORSPORTS - PRESS RELEASE

Omega Motorsports officially announces its return to the fantasy grid for the third straight year, with the same driver lineup for the third straight year.

"We have high hopes of winning the championship after our heartbreaking final round loss that saw the team drop from first place to second place in the standings. I suspect foul play. Also, I think I know the guy running the show, so that might help us out..."

Sebastien Bourdais - #1
Bruno Junqueira - #35
Alex Tagliani - #33

Right now, we're still waiting to annoucne sponsors, so all of the cars carry the handsome "Your mom goes to college" livery.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 06:16 (Ref:1272247)   #21
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least my team of Junquiera, Ranger and Marshall is locked in and safe.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1272355)   #22
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crooks Motorsport:

Bourdais, Tracy and Servia Will do a proper press release later, but don't have the time at the moment.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 7 Apr 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1272390)   #23
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UNDERWOOD/ANDRETTI RACING - PRESS RELEASE

After a successful first season, Underwood/Andretti Racing is announcing its return to the fantasy grid for 2005. UAR returns two of its drivers from last year: Paul Tracy (2003 CCWS champion) and Jimmy Vasser (1996 CCWS champion). Bruno Junqueira has been replaced by Christiano daMatta. Co-owners Kevin Underwood, Michael Andretti, and Jimmy Vasser felt that Junqeira's third straight 2nd place in the points would not cut it. They wanted a proven winner, and that was daMatta, who won the CCWS championship in 2002.

So, in review:

#21 - Christiano daMatta - Taco Bell
#3 - Paul Tracy - Pizza Hut
#12 - Jimmy Vasser- KFC

Good luck to all teams involved!
Old 7 Apr 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1272465)   #24
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCH Grand Prix announces come back

TCH Grand Prix will compete for a 3rd year in the Champcar World Series. Last year, TCH driver Sebastien Bourdais became champion and will be the teams leading driver for this year. The other 2 drivers are new, young and very talented drivers. The team has signed American home A.J. Allmendiger and Canadian Rookie Andrew Ranger for the 2005 campaign. "We are very happy with this line up and hope we can compete for the title.", says teamboss Daisy.

Driver #1: Sebastien Bourdais
Driver #10: A.J. Allmendinger
Driver #27: Andrew Ranger
Old 7 Apr 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1272492)   #25
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Flavors of the World Racing is proud to announce their line up for the 2005 Champ Car Racing Series.

#21 Cristiano DaMatta sponsored by Starbucks
#10 AJ Allmendinger sponsored by Victoria's Secret
#7 Mario Dominguez sponsored by Miller Lite Beer

Adam Saal will return as Press Officer and we are pleased to announce that Billy Currington will join the team as the pit stud!!

Good Luck to everyone and I look forward to the start of the racing season!!

Suzmac Team Owner
Closed Thread