Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1429350)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sato Excluded Villeneuve Penalised

see www.f1.com for more info.

"Life is just"
Old 10 Oct 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1429415)   #2
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to know how they came to the conclusion about handing down those sentences.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1429422)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato crashed into another car, which is worse than causing someone to go off without hitting them, I suppose.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1429435)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I honestly don't see that, both drivers were penalised for putting another driver out of the race, hitting them or not is irrelivant imo.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1429496)   #5
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I honestly don't see that, both drivers were penalised for putting another driver out of the race, hitting them or not is irrelivant imo.
[waiting breathlessly for the backlash from Jacques fanatics]
Old 10 Oct 2005, 12:39 (Ref:1429541)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques hasn't been penalised, effectively. He'll go one car earlier next weekend, and that is more likely to be a major advantage (if the track conditions change) than a slight penalty. Perhaps JPM didn't complain loudly enough. This is the third time Sato has recieved a penalty this season, and that should be the point where he shouldn't be allowed back in the car, as he's downright dangerous. I know both JV and Taku have their fans, but everyone else can see through them as a has-been and a never-gonna-be respectively.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1429549)   #7
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess there was more room for doubt over the JV incident, whereas the Sato one was obviously and suicidally his fault.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1429551)   #8
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would've written JV off after the first few races this year as well but of late he's been pretty much on Massa's pace. I've never been a fan - and it looks like he did the wrong thing at Suzuka - but he's not as bad as people seem to make out. That's all i'll say - continue the roast.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1429567)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the penalties are somewhat inconsistent. Sato's gotten two penalties in three races, but it's not like he alone has hit people this year. I guess it's easy to penalise something who already has the "kamikaze" myth written all over him. I mean, how long had been since someone was disqualified for crashing into someone?

About JV vs JPM, I hope the FIA has better cameras because what was shown on TV was inconclusive in my opinion.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1429621)   #10
Captain Chaos
Rookie

Canada
Captain Chaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting that the link provided by the thread opener, thanks Dan, has detailed pictures of the Sato/Trulli incident and nothing of any use for the JV/JPM incident.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1429678)   #11
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
how long had been since someone was disqualified for crashing into someone?
Jerez.....
Old 10 Oct 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1429686)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Jerez.....
°Dum DumDum Dummmmmm°
Old 10 Oct 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1429701)   #13
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that Sato escaped with a smaller penalty that what he really deserved. I mean he came 13th but because of the penalty, it is as if he did not race. His removal will not give him any consequences. The thing is that he must not be racing in F1, but in a car demolition race.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1429754)   #14
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly how was Sato/Trulli incident different from Webber/Schumacher incident in Turkey?

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 Oct 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1429777)   #15
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
I guess there was more room for doubt over the JV incident, whereas the Sato one was obviously and suicidally his fault.
Thank you Joe!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1429782)   #16
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Thank you Joe!
Hey don't get me wrong Louis, obviously I think JV was to blame as well!

I just think JV's was more "racing incident" than Sato's
Old 10 Oct 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1429835)   #17
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Hey don't get me wrong Louis, obviously I think JV was to blame as well!

I just think JV's was more "racing incident" than Sato's
What you had written was that there was more room for doubt on JV's incident which is on line with my primary plea that there was insufficient evidence to sanction JV. I thanked you for at least stating that there was "room for doubt" which is as good as I will ever get from you on anything involving JV

Come over and discuss the actual incident on the JV / JPM incident thread if you want to debate with me the limited facts we know of it.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1429917)   #18
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
What you had written was that there was more room for doubt on JV's incident which is on line with my primary plea that there was insufficient evidence to sanction JV. I thanked you for at least stating that there was "room for doubt" which is as good as I will ever get from you on anything involving JV

Come over and discuss the actual incident on the JV / JPM incident thread if you want to debate with me the limited facts we know of it.
No thanks! there's no point. I maintain my view that he was probably to blame, but it wasn't as clear cut as Sato, hence the different punishments.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1430040)   #19
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos
interesting that the link provided by the thread opener, thanks Dan, has detailed pictures of the Sato/Trulli incident and nothing of any use for the JV/JPM incident.
Perhaps you're looking at a different report on www.f1.com but all I can see are 1 picture of the initial impact and 3 of the second impact. Which says absolutely nothing about what actually happened, and certainly isn't detailed pictures of the incident, just a few crash shots.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 10 Oct 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1430062)   #20
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
[waiting breathlessly for the backlash from Jacques fanatics]
Cue Louise.

No. I rekon that the neccesary measures were taken. I was hoping that Sato would be excluded, because if someone done that to me i would not be happy inthe slightest. I would march to the Clerk with my cheque book in hand
Old 10 Oct 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1430068)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What would you do with the chequebook?

Beat the CoC over the head with it?
Old 10 Oct 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1430171)   #22
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
Exactly how was Sato/Trulli incident different from Webber/Schumacher incident in Turkey?
The W/S incident was one mistake. One mistake, you can forgive.

The S/T incident was one much more obvious and stupid mistake, it looked as if he was trying to do exactly that, push Trulli out, although I'm sure he didn't. But it was a totally STUPID mistake. Plus, it was not the first stupid mistake by the driver in question.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 00:53 (Ref:1430295)   #23
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
What would you do with the chequebook?

Beat the CoC over the head with it?
When you've finished beating the CoC over the head, you could pay your protest fee!