Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Aug 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1392826)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RPM today

What did people think of about WAYNE CATTACH appearence on RPM today. And what did you think of the question asked by the ( know it all know nothing) Bill Woods.

Was Woods soft to the BOSS or was he hard to Mr Cattach.???????????

Was Mr Woods just doing the Ch Seroius suck to Mr Cattach???????

I thought the decent question asked was the on about pionts to which Mr Cattach shut down VERY quickly, but the rest of the qustions were just the normal CH serouis propagrada.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Aug 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1392900)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you were someone who took the time to send in a question you would have to be very disappointed with how the segment was presented.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1392902)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would you send in a question? Doesnt #10 have researchers?

I thought it was an AVESCO/#10 love in as well unfortunately... there was no new news, just a less aggressive presenter of the TC theme song...

I would love to see RPM have that kind of a discussion with the Kelvinmonster... maybe they should put him at Tim Smith's bar at Superstars?
Old 29 Aug 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1393367)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were loaded questions, but the viewers of course already knew what the answers would be.

Absolutly nothing new came out of it, maybe except we now wonder why the points difference isn't just 1pt between positions 'to give as many people a possible a chance at the last round'........
Old 29 Aug 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1393374)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, Wyane was being tight lipped on RPM. I think that was a word from Cochrane was that don't spill the beans or else
Old 29 Aug 2005, 07:27 (Ref:1393473)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't really that he was being tight lipped, it's just that RPM was probably told what questions to ask (so as no controversial one's got in). It was about reinforcing what we already knew, nothing like the way they beefed it up for two weeks........(but did we expect any different)
Old 29 Aug 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1393538)   #7
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was p!ss poor.
I did send in some questions - and yes - a complete waste of time.
No depth to the questions asked and no cross-examination of a single answer given.
I knew nothing after that segment I didn't know already.

As for the points system - yes Wayne - we know all you want is for the championship to be decided at the last round. What disappoints me is that it doesn't seem to matter whether the winner is the driver who deserves it or not.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1393633)   #8
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The message was that there are going to be 4 overseas races and 10 domestic races and the points system stays because they want it decided at the last round. What a surprise! Who knows, maybe the cham[pionship could be decided at the last round with a more natural points system that gives greater benefit to winning. Maybe they could try it? Imagine if it worked...

And regarding the comments about building the cars in a simpler way to reduce repair costs and turn-around times to enable more events- silhouette bodies??

Ambrose leaving the series- AND??? The series is bigger than one driver.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 30 Aug 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1394210)   #9
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. A total waste of time. What will it take to get AVESCO to change hte points system, I wonder. I'm sure that if this year their points system ensures that the championship stays alive till the last round, they'll never change back, under the rationale that if this points system has ensured a live Grand Final 3 times then it must be better. Its such a blatant display of their profit-driven ideals when they openly say that the points system is in place to keep the championship alive for the last round, at whatever cost.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1394332)   #10
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well on one level the points system is merely a means to an end- the series has X number of rounds and the point of it all is to see who can score the most number of points to become champion.

The thing is,

something called "natural excellence" comes to the fore, otherwise known as meticulous preparation, great teamwork, cunning strategy and great race driving which delievers up a champion no matter what permutations and calculations are found in the details. The best car and driver combination are almost always rewarded. Ambrose has built up healthy points breaks over his pursuers this year as he did last year and the year previous to that as did Skaife in 2002, 2001 and 2000, as did Lowndes is 1999, 1998. To coin a famous phrase, "the cream always rises".

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1394400)   #11
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattracer
To coin a famous phrase, "the cream always rises".
One day that cream will not be sitting at the top. At the moment one driver could win all but one race and not be champion. A driver who places second, third or fourth in every round could be champion, an unworthy champion in my book.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1394406)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they couldnt be fourth every round and still win. interesting that even with the current point system ambrose nearly wrapped up the championship with one round to go last year ( just a smokey motor in the final race out of 3 stopped him)

this year at just over half way he is over 100 points ahead and he was penalised 25 points, and nearly 300 ahead of 4th place. A good next four rounds and the championship will be over in tassie
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1395294)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Last year you couldn't drop a result though.

If you finish fourth in every single race and the guys finishing 1,2,3 are inconsistent, you certainly could win the championship.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1395371)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
see if you finish every race forth you drop 18 points per round on the winner. after 12 rounds you are 216 points behind. so you couldnt catch the guy who won every race.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1395457)   #15
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
One day that cream will not be sitting at the top. At the moment one driver could win all but one race and not be champion. A driver who places second, third or fourth in every round could be champion, an unworthy champion in my book.
Exactly the point I had in mind when I made my earlier post Pete.
Peckstar is being picky - it's correct you would have to finish 3rd in a couple of rounds, but the point is you could win the series without winning a race or a round from someone who won every race except a DNF AFTER Bathurst.
The driver would be forced to drop their "worst" round prior (worth possibly 192 points) plus a DNF afterwards would leave plenty of room for someone with a fist full of seconds and thirds to win the championship.
It's akin to the HPDC series at present. If Luffy hadn't had trouble in 2 races at Mallala, he'd be leading the series without winning a single race or round from Canto on 9 race wins and 4/5 round wins - as it is he's only 18 points behind!
The point system just doesn't reward winning enough for my liking.