Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2225195)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, have to meet a former TTFRL champion in person, you know...........
Old 12 Jun 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2226828)   #227
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a map showing where this tree is in relation to the village? It looks easy enough to find in that photo - but when the village is rammed with spectator's things get a little more difficult. I have only been to Le Mans once before, so my knowledge of the place is pretty poor.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2226971)   #228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is the large picture from earlier in the thread.

You can see the track heading into the Dunlop Curve at the left.

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...7&d=1212239305
Old 17 Jun 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2230662)   #229
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was nice too see everyone again on both Friday and Saturday, I really enjoyed the Embassy visit. See you all again in 2009 (or if not before).
Old 17 Jun 2008, 10:07 (Ref:2230684)   #230
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes it was good to meet everyone again, the embassy visit was very special and a good turnout on Saturday. For all those going down again in July perhaps we could meet up again same time same place.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2230721)   #231
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
the embassy visit was very special
That just about made my weekend. Great visit and a good chance to put some names to faces.

I have some pics which I'll post later.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2230727)   #232
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apologies for missing The Meet yet again, but I had alternative arrangements to attend to.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2230729)   #233
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Afraid I missed it as well - was still recovering from Friday nights fesivities!
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2230746)   #234
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Apologies for missing The Meet yet again, but I had alternative arrangements to attend to.
Ditto

Amusing to think that, unknowingly, we may have bumped into each other at some location around the track during the 24 without knowing it.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2230785)   #235
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too send my sincere apologies for missing the meet.
Unfortunately my 20th visit to Le Mans was a little marred by some little thieving sc*mbag (that's as nice as i can be - sorry mods) breaking into my tent (while I was sleeping in it) and stealing my cash and all of our general entry tickets from my wallet. Fortunately the grandstand tickets were in the car - where my wallet should have been too! Hindsight is a great thing.
He left the wallet with credit cards etc in it though, but boy do i wish i had woken up ... not at all nice knowing someone's been in your tent while you were asleep.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2230798)   #236
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry i missed the meet but someone forgot to wake me up!!
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2231298)   #237
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems a lot of people missed the meeting; I thought I was the only one. :-)

My mate and I started to mingle with some of our English neighbors at Beausejour, and after a few bottles of Portuguese red wine and mark brandy, well, the rest is history! hehehehe

Apologies for the lack of my presence.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2231314)   #238
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Was great to meet some of you guys.
Dani hope you had a good trip home all the way to Romania.
See you all again next year!
Old 17 Jun 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2231378)   #239
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The same for me, Embassy visit very pleasant, and I'll remember the well-known (now for me) "Yorkshire mechanical industry ".
Old 17 Jun 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2231408)   #240
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I popped in briefly for the first time this year and it was nice to meet up with some of you guys. Special thanks to Bentley03 for introducing me to many forum members and to Bernard b and PascaLM for their hospitality. GT4 nearly talked me into going to the classic with his tales of 917's and it was good to meet my neighbour GT6 too.

I had my young son and his buddy with me and they were keen to explore the rest of the village, so I had to dash. I later caught up with Pasca in Garage Blanc on the way out after the race. I hope you didn't have to wait too long in the traffic Pasca, it took me around 45 mins, just to leave the car park

I would love to have met up for the Embassy garage visit but had planned a Saint Saturnin trip followed by a mad Friday dash and then the drivers parade in Le Mans. Perhaps if something is arranged next year I'll bring the young lads along.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2231427)   #241
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Work always seems to stop me from joining you fella's on saturday, but I wasnt releived from duty untill the support race was about to start so it was a quick dash to the Porsche Curves to see the GpC race and then back to the site to resume watch duties. I didnt actually get to the race until 9pm and then again in the Creation garage for the last hour! Great to meet so many of you all on Friday! Finally got some faces to names. Wont be there next year or maybe the year after but I will return one day to marshal!
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:48 (Ref:2231754)   #242
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Great to meet so many of you all on Friday! Finally got some faces to names.
Same here mate, was good to meet you and some of the other chaps on Friday and once again many thanks to Bentley03 and Jonathan for laying it on, was awesome!

Apologies for my no show on Saturday but managed to luck into a superb spot at Dunlop Curve and couldn't get away, next year for sure!
Old 18 Jun 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2231995)   #243
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Sorry I didnt make it again, but I didn't put my name down either as the fantastic DFH party did, as usual, put paid to getting motivated in time
Old 20 Jun 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2233518)   #244
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'd like to congratulate Bernard this year.........

Unfortunately one or two had left before the photos were taken.
Attached Thumbnails
tenths.jpg  
Old 20 Jun 2008, 15:00 (Ref:2233525)   #245
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
I too send my sincere apologies for missing the meet.
Unfortunately my 20th visit to Le Mans was a little marred by some little thieving sc*mbag (that's as nice as i can be - sorry mods) breaking into my tent (while I was sleeping in it) and stealing my cash and all of our general entry tickets from my wallet. Fortunately the grandstand tickets were in the car - where my wallet should have been too! Hindsight is a great thing.
He left the wallet with credit cards etc in it though, but boy do i wish i had woken up ... not at all nice knowing someone's been in your tent while you were asleep.

That's really rotten luck! sc*mbag is perfectly acceptable, nay restrained in the circumstances.

I'd like to thank James (Bentley03) for organising the Embassy pit trip. I thoroughly enjoyed it - it added yet another dimension to the race weekend for me, and sealed who I would be rooting for during the race too!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2233550)   #246
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Ayse - hope to see you all next year!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2233610)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
By the way, I meant to say - can everyone please identify themselves in the photo - as I say, I know most, but let me know to be sure and I'll post an annotated version.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2233639)   #248
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm the one on the left .. then next is batmobile .. and my friend(and fellow 10-10ths user although he doesn't post much) undoz

next batch

forgot to add .. great wine

Last edited by Dani Filth; 20 Jun 2008 at 17:53.

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2233679)   #249
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Dani has been quicker than me to answer.

Hi Dani, how are you since this great race week-end? Had you a good return?
Old 20 Jun 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2233686)   #250
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im just another one of those who is missing!