Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Dec 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3483471)   #251
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes got my invoice from Nadine so TR camping confirmed.
Invoice was very confusing with extra bits added on and a final bill for 627 euros for 4 TR and GE's. Now just need to sort everything else out ready for June.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3483725)   #252
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes got my invoice from Nadine so TR camping confirmed.
Invoice was very confusing with extra bits added on and a final bill for 627 euros for 4 TR and GE's. Now just need to sort everything else out ready for June.
Good news! Keep any spares for me!
Old 11 Dec 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3484092)   #253
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Because Tertre Rouge tickets are becoming rarer than hen's teeth, I had to settle for something else. Just bought the last 3 Garage Vert tickets from Ticket+Travel. As these are non-allocated pitches, you don't have to buy 6 entrance tickets of them. This site also has electricity, so my Chimay White and Orval beers will be on perfect drinking temperature there too So still pretty happy after all. Roll on June!
Old 11 Dec 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3484187)   #254
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TR will miss you Vince
Old 11 Dec 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3484197)   #255
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Thx for the kind words, Simon! But not to despair, just like a famous Austrian body-builder turned actor turned politician turned actor again: I'll be back!
Old 12 Dec 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3484429)   #256
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Too bad we won't be seeing you at TR next year Vince! but Garage Vert is indeed a good alternative.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3484470)   #257
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Thx for the kind words, Simon! But not to despair, just like a famous Austrian body-builder turned actor turned politician turned actor again: I'll be back!
If you get a chance early in the week see if you can get in and pop over for a drink we should be in about the same spot
Old 16 Dec 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3485545)   #258
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time poster here!

Just signed up to the forum and like the feel of the discussions going on - seems a happy place to be.

Just got back into motorsport after years away from the scene - too many other things going down.

Persuaded the wife that Le mans was on 'the bucket list' having missed out in the glory years of Jaguar and Bentley as I always seemed to be away chasing rally cars around various parts of the UK.

Quite surprised to be able to book a reasonably sensibly priced hotel in Le Mans for a week, not sure that the wife will want to spend the whole 24 hours walking round but at least she can dip in and out as she wishes. Got Dunlop grandstand seats, entry tickets etc now just trying to learn all the does and don'ts of LM - sure that we will make mistakes but looking forward to the experience.

Hope to maybe meet a few of you on our travels!
Old 16 Dec 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3485546)   #259
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
First time poster here!

Just signed up to the forum and like the feel of the discussions going on - seems a happy place to be.

Just got back into motorsport after years away from the scene - too many other things going down.

Persuaded the wife that Le mans was on 'the bucket list' having missed out in the glory years of Jaguar and Bentley as I always seemed to be away chasing rally cars around various parts of the UK.

Quite surprised to be able to book a reasonably sensibly priced hotel in Le Mans for a week, not sure that the wife will want to spend the whole 24 hours walking round but at least she can dip in and out as she wishes. Got Dunlop grandstand seats, entry tickets etc now just trying to learn all the does and don'ts of LM - sure that we will make mistakes but looking forward to the experience.

Welcome aboard and pleased you haven't been scared off!

Le Mans is pretty easy to get the hang of, especially if you're doing it in a reasonably leisurely way and spending the week down there. Lots to do in that part of France, and not all of it associated with fast cars going in circles.

Sure collectively we'll be able to come up with some pointers about what we reckon are must-dos and those that might be a bit more forgettable.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3485550)   #260
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
First time poster here!

Welcome to the forum, i am sure that everyone on here will be more than happy to help with your planning for your week in le mans, many of us meet at various time during the week but we all meet up on saturday at 12.00 with the annual cheese and wine event, sounds silly but each year more and more people turn uo bringing goodies from around the world, the locals from le mans provide wine and the rest various drinks, cheese pate, biscuits and other things, it is one of the highlights of le mans.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3485573)   #261
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
First time poster here!

Welcome to!

Have a look around this thread, a lot of useful information has been posted here (and a few other threads)
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136187
Old 16 Dec 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3485619)   #262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome from me too, Badlands99! Be prepared for addiction.... Keep looking in - and dipping back into past threads - there is a whole world of info here for the Le Mans first-timer from Le Mans afficionados with literally hundreds of years attending the greatest motor race in the world between us. Glad to have you aboard!
Old 17 Dec 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3485684)   #263
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have started the list of first-timers for the traditional ten-tenths saturday meeting :

1 : Badlands99

Welcome aboard.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3485719)   #264
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys........

Many thanks for the kind welcome!

Already looking through the various threads and picking up loads of ideas.

Both the good lady and I are very keen photographers, so this is one of the main reasons for finally going to Le Mans, especially after spending a freezing cold Good Friday this year at Silverstone for the first practice day for the WEC race. Couldn't believe just how quick the LMP1 cars are these days - I remember the days of Porsche 956/962, Lancia LC2 etc etc etc. Was at Brands for the 1000ks when Derek Warwick won in the rain all those years ago and also remember the Jags and Mercs doing battle in the 80's........ Yes! I REALLY am that old!

I realise that LM isn't necessarily the best place to shoot these days - but got a couple of big lenses to shoot through/over the fences!

Will make every effort to be there for Sat lunchtime! Just point us in the right direction!
Old 17 Dec 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3485726)   #265
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder how many they will have through the gates next year. This year's official figure was 263,300. Surely it will be higher in 2015 with the four factory teams in LMP1 and the increasingly high profile of the WEC.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3485740)   #266
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I wonder how many they will have through the gates next year. This year's official figure was 263,300. Surely it will be higher in 2015 with the four factory teams in LMP1 and the increasingly high profile of the WEC.
My gues is 278918 what is yours.
(Could be a nice pole)
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3485741)   #267
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder what Le Mans max capacity is?
Has it ever been calculated?
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3485746)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope never to need to know I don't want to play sardines at La Sarthe!
Old 17 Dec 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3485747)   #269
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I hope never to need to know I don't want to play sardines at La Sarthe!
I often feel that already
Old 17 Dec 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3485766)   #270
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's actually got a little more sensible track side in recent years. Attendances haven't gone up significantly from the 1990s or 2000s and if you believe some figures, are lower than the late 1980s. But if you think about it, spectator viewing areas have increased massively in the past couple of decades. You've got new bankings either side of the track at the entry to the Porsche Curves, banking about twice the side at the inside of Tetre Rouge, the new Esses and a much wider viewing area there and more grandstands on the pit-straight. Add to that pragmatic moves like expanding the village, and the ACO have done a good job of managing a lot of people before things got really silly.

I do wonder at what point they'll have to open up new parts of the track. I'd say the next most likely place would be the Mulsanne chicanes. You've already got corporate hospitality at the first one and there's nothing fundamentally dangerous about watching from there. You could also probably move the Mulsanne corner viewing area to just around the first of the three kinks on the run to Indianapolis.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3485768)   #271
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I do wonder at what point they'll have to open up new parts of the track. I'd say the next most likely place would be the Mulsanne chicanes. You've already got corporate hospitality at the first one and there's nothing fundamentally dangerous about watching from there. You could also probably move the Mulsanne corner viewing area to just around the first of the three kinks on the run to Indianapolis.
I like your thinking.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3485782)   #272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd love to be able to watch them into the chicanes on the Mulsanne. Strikes me as a missed opportunity.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3485785)   #273
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Me too, however it is quite a walk from the start/finish line
Old 17 Dec 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3485796)   #274
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
That would be a great idea. Installing GA/grandstand areas at the chicanes might be a bit difficult in terms of logistics and space, but if they put up such spaces, then I'll definitely be watching from there at least once during the week. They should be accessible through the roads inside the circuit I guess (or exiting the Bugatti circuit area through Houx).
Old 17 Dec 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3485797)   #275
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Looking at the map, it is kinda hard to see where you would place the spectator area .
https://www.google.dk/maps/@47.94429...!3m1!1e3?hl=da