Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jul 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3438130)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure people will consider me very old and sad, but I drink more water than anything else, these days.....
Old 26 Jul 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3438457)   #77
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Totally giving up alcohol seems a bit too hard alternative. Just drinking responsibly is enough for me. Though I've tried non-alcoholic periods and it is actually refreshing.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3438617)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not a matter of choice for me, unfortunately alcohol (of any description) has become a significant trigger for severe migraines.....
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3439009)   #79
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't approve of heavy drinking during the race. However, it's very easy to drop your guard when certain Romanian forum members turn up to the meeting with extra strong wine (which doesn't mix well with beer)...especially when you don't quite realise how strong it is.

Anyway, at least next year's non-attendance means that won't be an issue. And my beer might actually be cold!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 02:53 (Ref:3439116)   #80
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sabbatical over , flights booked for 2015. See you all lunchtime Saturday.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3439168)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some of us still remember when the meet included a small glass of local wine and basic nibbles, recently most of us can barely remember much about the meeting thanks to the wonderful variety of splendid drinks from all over the world
Old 28 Jul 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3439388)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Sabbatical over , flights booked for 2015. See you all lunchtime Saturday.
Good news - looking forward to seeing you again.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3439608)   #83
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Some of us still remember when the meet included a small glass of local wine and basic nibbles, recently most of us can barely remember much about the meeting thanks to the wonderful variety of splendid drinks from all over the world
What meeting?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3439840)   #84
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dessert

I'll be there, but can anyone confirm what Porsche are doing to the Maison Blanche area? Allegedly.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3439867)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not exactly, but the conversation is beginning here......

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=385
Old 1 Aug 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3440768)   #86
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Working on finalizing travel/accommodation plans at the moment. I've done Daytona, Sebring, Petit, and Watkins Glen so now it is time to venture outside the US. Looking forward to making my first trip to Le Mans.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3440817)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicknell55 View Post
Working on finalizing travel/accommodation plans at the moment. I've done Daytona, Sebring, Petit, and Watkins Glen so now it is time to venture outside the US. Looking forward to making my first trip to Le Mans.
We had a good number of visitors from the USA this year, obviously the organisation of the trip is a little harder than us UK campers but if you are thinking of anything other than camping book early as most places will already be booked for 2015
Old 1 Aug 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3440832)   #88
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We had a good number of visitors from the USA this year, obviously the organisation of the trip is a little harder than us UK campers but if you are thinking of anything other than camping book early as most places will already be booked for 2015
Simon (GT6) is right up to a point. Don't worry if you haven't got things sorted until relatively late, a good agent can generally sort you out, and with a bit of creativity you can very easily sort things fairly late on.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3441231)   #89
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Simon (GT6) is right up to a point. Don't worry if you haven't got things sorted until relatively late, a good agent can generally sort you out, and with a bit of creativity you can very easily sort things fairly late on.
I'd like to get accomodations sorted out within a week or two as they tend to sell out the fastest in my past experiences. Plane/train/car details can follow.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3443447)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just realised I'm now under 300 days... 298 days until I expect to leave Blighty for Le Mans 2015. Not that I'm counting though.....
Old 11 Aug 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3443478)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i was thinking the same thing last night, time marches on now where did i put that tent
Old 11 Aug 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3443549)   #92
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Should we start the Ten Tenths meeting thread for planning next years meeting?
Old 15 Aug 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3444466)   #93
brico
Rookie

brico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Should we start the Ten Tenths meeting thread for planning next years meeting?
It's never to early. I attended in 2014 for the first time. I also did the pit walk - which meant I missed the gathering. Realizing the tradition is there the possibility of a "secondary" gathering at some point in the race - say around the diner hour - for those of us who miss the pre-race event?

(Not to over program)
Old 15 Aug 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3444468)   #94
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im more for an BBQ evening before Le Mans. When the racing is on, I want to watch that.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3444479)   #95
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd love to see the '10tenths Meat and Greet' happen one year.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3444482)   #96
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd love to see the '10tenths Meat and Greet' happen one year.
With the formalisation of a Ten-Tenths international camp, it should be possible .
Kenn, what do you say?
Old 15 Aug 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3444520)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A barbie sounds quite good actually, but it would mean missing a pizza marocco.........
Old 15 Aug 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3444535)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If we could get people into our campsite then happy to do something in TR on wednesday or thursday between the sessions
Old 15 Aug 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3444550)   #99
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If we could get people into our campsite then happy to do something in TR on wednesday or thursday between the sessions
That means we all have to get TR camp tickets
Love the idea of a meat & greet.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3444575)   #100
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A barbie sounds quite good actually, but it would mean missing a pizza marocco.........
There is precisely nothing stopping the cooking of a pizza on a barbecue Andrew...