Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Sep 2003, 19:25 (Ref:709440)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Anthony Gobert up to these days?

I'm surprised that he didn't manage to get himself onto a better bike in WSB after his Bimota team went bust in 2000. Was he any better than Ruben Xaus though?
Old 6 Sep 2003, 00:42 (Ref:709705)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wasnt any worse, and goberts kwaka wasnt as good as xaus' duke - i reckon all the factories are well over "the drug issue"..... still in the good books with yamaha - may have shot himself in the foot with ducati by leaving the ama sbk team midway through the season - but 4 mechanicals in first 5 rounds aint too good..... since when do ducati's breakdown

will get a ride in ama in 04, would love to see him on the world stage again though
Old 6 Sep 2003, 06:01 (Ref:709840)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would to gomick but I think the Go-show boat has passed concerning an international ride. His name never appears on the radar so I think he should just work on getting an AMA ride for next year, make a bit of cash but, most importantly, just enjoy himself.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 13:59 (Ref:710099)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
cash f1manoz , go show dont need cash - he's been on a million $$$$US for atleast the last 2 years, ama is easy money.... bring on the world championship - he is a proven race winner, plus i wanna watch "the show" on foxtel - hopefully he brings aaron & alex with him
Old 9 Sep 2003, 01:13 (Ref:712549)   #5
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The go show is over. There is nothing there anymore that suggests to me that he is world championship material. He was a good rider once but he was never great. Fast and out of control but never great.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 10:24 (Ref:713945)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I been saying that for years! Except most people have forgotten who he is now...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 19:58 (Ref:715547)   #7
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TheMan
The go show is over. There is nothing there anymore that suggests to me that he is world championship material. He was a good rider once but he was never great. Fast and out of control but never great.

Bit of a waste of talent then? I guess Xaus will end up the same way. Gobert Vs Xaus in the AMA - who will crash more?

I wonder if Xaus would have won that wet race at Phillip Island 2000 on the Bimota. I'd say he would - he's pretty fast in the wet. But then again so is Colin Edwards, Noriyuki Haga (hey, do you think the Aprilia GP guys could emulate Bimota if it was wet? Imagine an Aprilia 1-2 )
Old 11 Sep 2003, 20:24 (Ref:715586)   #8
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Go show ain't over yet. He's just not had a competitive ride to get noticed, plus the odd injury. With the lack of big names in WSBK he could easily get a good ride with someone like Suzuki. All he needs is to get himself back into WSBK or at least a wildcard race in the AMA to show the WSBK boys he's still got it.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 03:45 (Ref:715860)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...Still got a belly that is...
Old 12 Sep 2003, 05:29 (Ref:715888)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
Bit of a waste of talent then? I guess Xaus will end up the same way. Gobert Vs Xaus in the AMA - who will crash more?

I wonder if Xaus would have won that wet race at Phillip Island 2000 on the Bimota. I'd say he would - he's pretty fast in the wet.
gobert was never known as a "crasher" - as for xaus winning at a wet phillip island on a bimota...... i dont think so