Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Aug 2023, 02:54 (Ref:4171007)   #76
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having missed out on attending this year's edition and with all the buzz about another sell out next year, I'm considering ACO membership to get a chance at presale tickets. They have this tier for USA-based members, but having already traveled to Le Mans in person once before, I'm not sure if the extra merchandise/streaming/etc. is necessary over the regular €68 membership. Does anyone here have experience with this US membership, or is that a relatively new product?
Old 2 Aug 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4171015)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit I didn't know there was a separate US membership.... It is worth paying the extra for the members area access (if that is what bumps the price up).
Old 2 Aug 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4171074)   #78
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I didn't know there was a separate US membership.... It is worth paying the extra for the members area access (if that is what bumps the price up).
After clicking around the checkout process, it appears that you can purchase access to the members' area for yourself and 1 other person with the regular ACO membership, so it seems like that might be the way to go. From your experience, is the value of the members' area down to the creature comforts that help to get you through the race? I wasn't even camping the year I went but I remember shambling back to my lodging in a pretty sorry state at around 2am
Old 2 Aug 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4171077)   #79
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The T17 cafe is a boon, together with decent toilets and if you wish, showers. La Chappelle is an oasis on a hot afternoon. Reasonably (for Le Mans) priced fresh food and cold or hot drinks. Sometimes difficult to find a seat in front of or near a big screen but still a great place to relax and they'll recharge your phone or (in my case) headphones.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4171081)   #80
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
it can good value if you have nowhere else to retreat too during the race but you can purchase access to the area's during the race if you are a member, i did not bother this year as our campsite overlooks the track so i can go there for a rest at anytime. If you have grandstand seats it the ACO stands 17 and 18 you can use the facilities there anyway without paying the extra.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4171083)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
it can good value if you have nowhere else to retreat too during the race but you can purchase access to the area's during the race if you are a member, i did not bother this year as our campsite overlooks the track so i can go there for a rest at anytime. If you have grandstand seats it the ACO stands 17 and 18 you can use the facilities there anyway without paying the extra.
Not sure I'd bank on that Simon, I don't think you can get into the T17/18 facilities at all without a wristband now. It makes sense, it is supposed to be for members and their (paid) guests only. Much easier to pay for the access for yourself and your guest up front - much quicker too.

This year our grandstand seats were an absolute Godsend.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4171085)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not the case at the classic for certain we had no problems if you had a grandstand ticket then you have the right to use it wether you have paid extra for the other area's or not. If the aco sells a grandstand ticket to members then they must allow them in the extra payment is just for the other members area's.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4171136)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not sure it works like that any more.... The Classic is different anyway. At certain points during the week, people with tickets for the grandstand were actually being turned away inside as they didn't have the blue wristbands. It probably needs to be clarified....
Old 3 Aug 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4171139)   #84
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Definitely needed a wristband to enter the T17 cafe area.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4171140)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Definitely needed a wristband to enter the T17 cafe area.
They check them at the outer entrance, then at the bottom doors as well.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4171152)   #86
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i walked into the t17 area during the main 24 hour race no problem,just showed my card. but as i did not have a GS ticket i could not go out into the stands. However the confusion everywhere as to who has access to which area's was seen at other times. Also went to the chappel ACO welcome meeting (free beer, cups and lovely cakes by the way) and without a paid extra wristband after the meeting went into that area no problem.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4171154)   #87
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am heading abroad during race week just not to Le Mans as I am heading to Amsterdam on cruise however we get back to Southampton early Saturday morning so I should be home in time for the start of the race.....
Old 9 Aug 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4171987)   #88
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I saw plenty of people having 'computer says no' issues at the race proper, but sensed the gate staff had pretty much given up at The Classic, a quick visual check of the e-ticket and waved on through.

I shall persevere with e-tickets again next year, they worked perfick for me personally.
We had problems with e-tickets for the first time this year.
Our group had 15 tickets in total, 3 x Wimille and 12 x Chinetti (all with GE) and none of them worked at any gates.
We were advised to take these to the box office by the main entrance (Nord), just before you go in, opposite Musee (on the left under the gantry). I flashed a few membership cards and they re-printed them all as lanyard tickets.
At least I have an actual souvenir ticket for the 100!
Old 9 Aug 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4171996)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As I've said before, I would always prefer to have a 'real' ticket..... well worth the extra postage to me....
Old 9 Aug 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4171997)   #90
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That box office will certainly be our first stop next year, exchange for real tickets, then next stop, check Jannines's - see how massively the ACO have managed to mess that up..........
Old 9 Aug 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4172005)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well just renewed my membership Euro 68 basic price.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4175472)   #92
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can anyone remember what date tickets went on sale to members last year (for this year's race) please?

Sean
Old 7 Sep 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4175475)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think it was October. Just checked with First Tickets and they expect to be opening their packages in November.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4175479)   #94
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think it was October. Just checked with First Tickets and they expect to be opening their packages in November.
Thanks Peter, agree on October but need the,exact date
Old 7 Sep 2023, 07:52 (Ref:4175480)   #95
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
They have already have a good idea of the entry list announcing the "return" of Alpine, BMW, Cadillac, Ferrari, Glickenhaus, Lamborghini, Peugeot, Porsche and Toyota hypercars (Isotta Fraschini is missing). Very promising.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4175487)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Can anyone remember what date tickets went on sale to members last year (for this year's race) please?

Sean
Yes, being the anorak that I am, I have the dates noted down in my impending 2023 'story'.

Members ticketing for entry and grandstand was 18th October.

Members ticketing for camping and parking was 29th November.

From memory (or rather assumption), non-members ticketing was a week later than each of these dates. Non-members ticketing may be later this year as ticketing for La Sarthe residents will now take place after members, according to the ACO. Only after members and residents will tickets go on sale to the public. 1st Tickets have already mailed customers to reserve their 2024 allocation.

I have my fingers crossed that the ACO see sense this year and put all tickets up on the same date rather than splitting them like last year.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4175522)   #97
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have my fingers crossed that the ACO see sense this year and put all tickets up on the same date rather than splitting them like last year.
Yup, let's hope that last year was the outlier on splitting ticket sales and that they revert to the previous method of putting everything on sale at the same time.
I'm guessing that the issue last year was sorting out extra camping sites, so if they don't need to do that as it's probably the same for this year then there is no reason not to sell camping/parking at the same time as GA/Grandstands.

They will want to get our money sooner rather than later of course!
Old 7 Sep 2023, 11:08 (Ref:4175526)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Of course!
Old 7 Sep 2023, 11:22 (Ref:4175531)   #99
claude2cv
Racer

Quote:
Yes, being the anorak that I am, I have the dates noted down in my impending 2023 'story'.

Members ticketing for entry and grandstand was 18th October.

Members ticketing for camping and parking was 29th November.

From memory (or rather assumption), non-members ticketing was a week later than each of these dates. Non-members ticketing may be later this year as ticketing for La Sarthe residents will now take place after members, according to the ACO. Only after members and residents will tickets go on sale to the public. 1st Tickets have already mailed customers to reserve their 2024 allocation.

Thanks Andrew. I am planning a week in Cornwall, if dates are same then it will be the week before ticket sales. Otherwise I will be a favour from a friend while I am down there

Sean
Old 7 Sep 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4175547)   #100
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deposit paid for trackside camping - probably Portsmouth Caen for a change (this time both ways)