Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3909055)   #51
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wrong shade of blue I think, but I think I actually like it better

I agree (we need to stop doing this! ). I think the wrong blue actually makes me like it more because it's less generic Gulf.

Speaking of art cars - I think we've reached a tipping point where more art cars are a good thing. When we only had one or two it was cool. Then we had 4 or 5 and it felt a bit much. Now we're getting half a grid of special liveries it's kind of awesome again. Maybe with Le Mans being at the end of the season from now on we can have a full season of regular liveries then half a grid of different stuff for the final race.

Either way, I'm liking the current set. The Fords are cool, the new JCDC cars are cool, the JMW car is cool, the Rebellions are amazing.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3909062)   #52
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone's done a dirty lightroom job on that picture of the Dragonspeed car above. It is the alternate blue, but not to those extremes.

Not the first time we've had different Gulf blue pantones in the same race I think.

Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3909065)   #53
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I love how they've gone completely batsh*t with these. They'll be remembered for a long time at Le Mans I reckon.

Hopefully they've painted up some spare bodywork for the weekend.
I actually like seeing odd panels on battle-worn cars at Le Mans.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3909067)   #54
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I agree (we need to stop doing this! ). I think the wrong blue actually makes me like it more because it's less generic Gulf.

Speaking of art cars - I think we've reached a tipping point where more art cars are a good thing. When we only had one or two it was cool. Then we had 4 or 5 and it felt a bit much. Now we're getting half a grid of special liveries it's kind of awesome again. Maybe with Le Mans being at the end of the season from now on we can have a full season of regular liveries then half a grid of different stuff for the final race.

Either way, I'm liking the current set. The Fords are cool, the new JCDC cars are cool, the JMW car is cool, the Rebellions are amazing.
I'm in favor of such color schemes being used more than once. However, with Le Mans being Le Mans, that's where the art cars come out. And most are more elaborate than the Audi R8 last race car from '06 at Lime Rock or AMR's 60th LM win anniversary treatment.

Granted, I've seen women do weirder (but still interesting) things with nail and hair art...
Old 10 Jun 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3909096)   #55
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The shade of blue used in actual Gulf petrol stations is the darker blue not the traditional light blue of the race cars.

In other news, I have now read through Ayse's 2018 trip report. A delight as always.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3909152)   #56
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe with Le Mans being at the end of the season from now on we can have a full season of regular liveries then half a grid of different stuff for the final race.
Good point. It does have an 'end of term' sort of feel, especially after the never ending super season.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3909198)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Dragonspeed blue is lovely in real life. Looks terrific - and that comes from someone who is now rather tired of Gulf colours.....
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3909199)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The shade of blue used in actual Gulf petrol stations is the darker blue not the traditional light blue of the race cars.

In other news, I have now read through Ayse's 2018 trip report. A delight as always.
I'm glad you appreciated the 'rush job' Guy...…
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3909332)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I will not be there this year (but I really should return one day), but my t-shirt has arrived.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3491.JPG  
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3909333)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I will not be there this year (but I really should return one day), but my t-shirt has arrived.
Nice, I like it
Old 11 Jun 2019, 12:44 (Ref:3909352)   #61
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Quote:
Nice.
Is that publicly available or a one-off bespoke?
Old 11 Jun 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3909374)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Blipshift?

I have this one.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6754-750x1000.JPG  
Old 11 Jun 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3909375)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Nice.
Is that publicly available or a one-off bespoke?
It's by Blipshift. They do limited runs but if you subscribe they email you the designs so you can get them before they sell out.

https://www.blipshift.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Blipshift?

I have this one.....
Awesome There are so many good ones that I missed out on, but when they did a re-run of Dr Ullrichs tractors I was right on it.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3909384)   #64
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Quote:
It's by Blipshift. They do limited runs but if you subscribe they email you the designs so you can get them before they sell out.

https://www.blipshift.com/

Awesome There are so many good ones that I missed out on, but when they did a re-run of Dr Ullrichs tractors I was right on it.
Nice - I'll be on that then.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3909390)   #65
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Weather looks mixed for the weekend. Risks of rain showers on the long range forecast.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3909391)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Weather looks mixed for the weekend. Risks of rain showers on the long range forecast.
Good! Bring the thunder
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3909392)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does not compute…...
Old 11 Jun 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3909397)   #68
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I imagine I'd feel different if I was there

Wouldn't mind a shower or two during the race. Run up dry. Which is the opposite of what is forecast currently.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3909403)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hard to be enthusiastic for non-sun when you're out in it, but yes, it does add to the excitement. As long as it's while I'm under cover!!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3909520)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On track action starts in a short while and I am excited! I also won't be able to follow along as I'll be on a boat in the middle of the swamp. Anyhow, I look forward to reading this thread to see what I missed!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3909524)   #71
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
On track action starts in a short while and I am excited! I also won't be able to follow along as I'll be on a boat in the middle of the swamp. Anyhow, I look forward to reading this thread to see what I missed!
It's felt like that the last couple days in Atlanta, had to drive around 2' of standing water multiple times this week. But thankfully RLM streams fine on my phone in this swamp
Old 12 Jun 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3909528)   #72
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well its 4pm in France so I guess we have cars on track...(I am still at work so can't see any TV coverage or RLM at present).
Old 12 Jun 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3909530)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
We do!

Track is declared wet. There isn't standing warer, but it is damp. Lots of cars straight onto track including Rebellions, SMP and Toyota.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3909553)   #74
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Red Flag. #99 off the road at MP15.

Edit: Not an Aston. Krohn Dempsey Porsche.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3909555)   #75
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It wouldn't be Le Mans without a Tracey Krohn crash.