Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:47 (Ref:3981144)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lockdown is clearly new scanner time! Great shots. I'm just about to embark upon digitising my 1997 LM photos....
Old 10 Jun 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3981166)   #152
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Lockdown is clearly new scanner time! Great shots. I'm just about to embark upon digitising my 1997 LM photos....
Hmmm. I got back into scanning my old slides when I started my furlough (to keep me out from under my wife's feet) and spent three solid weeks (21 days) scanning and then editing & saving my pictures. Finally I accepted that the quality of the original scan from my flatbed scanner & adaptor wasn't good enough (when maybe the initial pictures could have been better to start with) so have now bought a more modern & higher resolution scanner and have started again, but am now back to working full time! The good news is that the initial scanning is much quicker, and being higher resolution, the scans are of a higher quality too. The drawback with that is that I then feel more inclined to spend even longer removing hair marks, dirt & scratches from them before saving saving them! Still at least this keeps me out from under my wife's feet in the evenings & at weekends!
Old 10 Jun 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3981171)   #153
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It must be fun to be using gadgets like that. Almost as fun as getting those pictures scanned. It’s amazing how far technology has come so most people can do it in the comfort of their own home. It means you don’t have to go down the photo developers.

Anyway keep the photos coming, there’s plenty of stories to be shared
Old 10 Jun 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3981202)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hmmm. I got back into scanning my old slides when I started my furlough (to keep me out from under my wife's feet) and spent three solid weeks (21 days) scanning and then editing & saving my pictures. Finally I accepted that the quality of the original scan from my flatbed scanner & adaptor wasn't good enough (when maybe the initial pictures could have been better to start with) so have now bought a more modern & higher resolution scanner and have started again, but am now back to working full time! The good news is that the initial scanning is much quicker, and being higher resolution, the scans are of a higher quality too. The drawback with that is that I then feel more inclined to spend even longer removing hair marks, dirt & scratches from them before saving saving them! Still at least this keeps me out from under my wife's feet in the evenings & at weekends!
I've been quite lucky. All my LM negs have always been stored in bespoke neg sleeves in a folder and are in very good condition as they've never been taken out since I first stored them (and probably never will be again). I've had a few stray dust specks and hairs to 'shop out, but surprisingly few.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3981203)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It must be fun to be using gadgets like that. Almost as fun as getting those pictures scanned. It’s amazing how far technology has come so most people can do it in the comfort of their own home. It means you don’t have to go down the photo developers.

Anyway keep the photos coming, there’s plenty of stories to be shared
It's also been great fun reminiscing as I also have the text to go with them that I wrote at the time. I'd like a fiver for every time I've been reminded of something that happened that I'd completely forgotten about.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3981268)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I bet you have enough words to fill a book of your adventures. And yes, it's always good to look back and be reminded of old Le Mans stories, as there are plenty. Each car/team seems to have their own story which helps
Old 11 Jun 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3981304)   #157
S griffin
Veteran

My earliest memory of seeing Le Mans on the telly was in 99, the year when the Mercs had their cars a little well too prepared and we managed to see the moment Dumbreck went into the trees, luckily without major injury. Just shows what happens if designers push things too far
Old 11 Jun 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3981307)   #158
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It happened to Mark Webber the next day and the cars were withdrawn.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3981308)   #159
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It happened to Mark Webber the next day and the cars were withdrawn.
Was it not the other way around? Webber during qualifying, again during warm-up/practice on race day and Dumbreck during the race?
Old 11 Jun 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3981309)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could be.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3981318)   #161
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Webber, Qualifying + Warm up, then Dumbreck early on in the race. I only know this, for sure, as I've been listening to / watching the Eurosport coverage of that race today + yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv-oul0bw-8 part 6 + all the others there as well..!
Old 13 Jun 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3981860)   #162
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been re-editing a few shots from 2013 to help bring back a bit of nostalgia this weekend. Will move on to 2014 at some point.
Attached Thumbnails
49999134121_5ef95da46d_c.jpg   49999145766_d9bdeee73c_c.jpg   49999144306_066de01c5f_c.jpg  

49999392182_f889a2541d_c.jpg   49999391492_9006679ee4_c.jpg   49999136916_533eff205c_c.jpg  

Old 13 Jun 2020, 21:29 (Ref:3981934)   #163
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice photos The lighting in the first two is great.

I'll do some 2013 as well then.
Attached Thumbnails
21.jpg   1.jpg   45.jpg  

93.jpg   8.jpg   8 (2).jpg  

Old 13 Jun 2020, 21:32 (Ref:3981936)   #164
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I considered it a challenge to see if I could get the set too
Attached Thumbnails
21 (2).jpg   1 (2).jpg   45 (2).jpg  

93 (2).jpg   8 (3).jpg   8 (4).jpg  

Old 14 Jun 2020, 03:37 (Ref:3981969)   #165
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some good ones there Adam
Old 14 Jun 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3982110)   #166
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ode to photographerrs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0810.jpg   IMG_0977.jpg   IMG_1418.jpg  

IMG_5284.jpg   IMG_5290.jpg   IMG_5358.jpg  

Old 14 Jun 2020, 23:03 (Ref:3982116)   #167
S griffin
Veteran

They certainly are a dedicated bunch those lot
Old 18 Jun 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3982581)   #168
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
20 years ago today..
Attached Thumbnails
GettyImages-1212895561(2).jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3982604)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
20 years..... Time flies, as they say.....
Old 18 Jun 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3982639)   #170
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its a gloomy wet Thursday so i thought i'd post more from 18th June 2000 when the sun shone for the entire 24 hours, or so it seemed at the time..
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

Old 18 Jun 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3982662)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Great stuff as always Ker. Love that shot from where I used to stand on the top of what I called the 'Welcome Building'.... My favourite place on the circuit.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3982663)   #172
kdr
Veteran

Thanks Ayse. Yeah i liked it up there as well, you could never get up till the evening as it was always crowded, hence the dusk picture. Good spot to shelter under when it was raining as well.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3982665)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lots more to scan in still.... This is from 1997, when I first got up to the top....
Attached Thumbnails
9724.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3982666)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Thanks Ayse. Yeah i liked it up there as well, you could never get up till the evening as it was always crowded, hence the dusk picture. Good spot to shelter under when it was raining as well.
And coffee nearby too, to keep you awake!
Old 18 Jun 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3982677)   #175
kdr
Veteran

Such a great spot Ayse. Nice atmospheric shot there with a McLaren as well, apparently according to Lanzante's instagram feed its 25 years to the day since the Ueno Clinic car won. Just to make you feel even older..