Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Apr 2020, 21:11 (Ref:3970401)   #5626
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm just wondering - how much convincing did OMG need?
From what I understand that is something based purely on results so nothing to lose if you can't find someone else i guess. I may be wrong though so apologies if misinformed.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 22:31 (Ref:3970439)   #5627
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
From what I understand that is something based purely on results so nothing to lose if you can't find someone else i guess. I may be wrong though so apologies if misinformed.
Interesting. I'm not sure of the actual agreement.

That, though, sounds like something I could imagine certain team bosses entering into.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 22:41 (Ref:3970442)   #5628
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting. I'm not sure of the actual agreement.

That, though, sounds like something I could imagine certain team bosses entering into.
Which team bosses do you think would consider that
Old 12 Apr 2020, 22:42 (Ref:3970443)   #5629
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Whether they would see the money at the end of it is clearly another matter. Quite possibly just looking for the attention something like that would garner? Not sure I would want that association but there are some who would be quite happy with it I guess
Old 13 Apr 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3970565)   #5630
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Which team bosses do you think would consider that
I think there are at least a few on the grid.

Put it another way - last September, would anyone have predicted a team boss in BSB partnering them?

I also think it is no coincidence that the image still includes Motorbase branding.
The driver is part of HARD, but chooses to promote a livery based on a rival team's car?

Given the driver signing(s) and sponsorship status at Motorbase, could any of us be certain they wouldn't consider an offer from Storey?
If Storey was genuinely interested in BTCC, then Motorbase must be the ideal fit?
If it all goes well - it's because of Rich Energy's backing.
If it goes pear-shaped, Storey can point to the team's previous lack of success, an underdeveloped car and history with driver relationships.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3970566)   #5631
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think there are at least a few on the grid.

Put it another way - last September, would anyone have predicted a team boss in BSB partnering them?

I also think it is no coincidence that the image still includes Motorbase branding.
The driver is part of HARD, but chooses to promote a livery based on a rival team's car?

Given the driver signing(s) and sponsorship status at Motorbase, could any of us be certain they wouldn't consider an offer from Storey?
If Storey was genuinely interested in BTCC, then Motorbase must be the ideal fit?
If it all goes well - it's because of Rich Energy's backing.
If it goes pear-shaped, Storey can point to the team's previous lack of success, an underdeveloped car and history with driver relationships.
Oh course the image has motorbase branding it was done as a livery design based on them and the focus
You comment about driver signings is a bit off you should actually put it as them signing neate, because there is nothing wrong with there other two signings, guessing because you think there no title sponsor they are in trouble.
Motorbase if they have a title sponsor in the past has always been a reputable company so I’m not sure they are that desperate to go down the rich energy path just yet and I’m certain David Bartrum wouldn’t put up with Storey’s **** he pulls
Old 13 Apr 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3970568)   #5632
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Oh course the image has motorbase branding it was done as a livery design based on them and the focus
You comment about driver signings is a bit off you should actually put it as them signing neate, because there is nothing wrong with there other two signings, guessing because you think there no title sponsor they are in trouble.
Motorbase if they have a title sponsor in the past has always been a reputable company so I’m not sure they are that desperate to go down the rich energy path just yet and I’m certain David Bartrum wouldn’t put up with Storey’s **** he pulls
The artist could have picked any car on the grid. It might be coincidence, but he picked the focus and retained the team logo.
I included the plural of signing in parentheses, but it seems that a lot of people feel that at least one of them may be a poor signing. I was meaning more about the lack of signature from other potential drivers.

I'm not suggesting that they are in trouble, others here have done that already. Just that any team without a title sponsor would surely be higher up the list of potentials for someone looking to get a presence on the grid.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3970570)   #5633
Pdh
Racer

Quote:
The artist could have picked any car on the grid. It might be coincidence, but he picked the focus and retained the team logo.
I included the plural of signing in parentheses, but it seems that a lot of people feel that at least one of them may be a poor signing. I was meaning more about the lack of signature from other potential drivers.

I'm not suggesting that they are in trouble, others here have done that already. Just that any team without a title sponsor would surely be higher up the list of potentials for someone looking to get a presence on the grid.
As you were the one that put the picture on the forum maybe you should go back to where the original picture was sourced and read the tweet or motorbase’s Instagram post about it and that will tell you why it was the focus and not any other car in the grid
Old 13 Apr 2020, 12:55 (Ref:3970572)   #5634
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
As you were the one that put the picture on the forum maybe you should go back to where the original picture was sourced and read the tweet or motorbase’s Instagram post about it and that will tell you why it was the focus and not any other car in the grid
The original tweet I saw was https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1248992087288266753?s=19

I can't see any reason why that particular car or team was chosen?
Old 13 Apr 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3970574)   #5635
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The original tweet I saw was https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1248992087288266753?s=19

I can't see any reason why that particular car or team was chosen?
Motorbase posted up pictures on their media accounts, of their race car and invited people, mainly kids, to come up with their own liveries as a way if passing the time during lockdown. As the team is without a title sponsor, it won't upset any title sponsors. To my knowledge no other BTCC team has set a challenge.
For whatever reason this person chose Rich Energy. Perhaps he is courting them as a sponsor for himself, who knows. But that is as far as the connection with Motorbase goes.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 13:32 (Ref:3970575)   #5636
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Motorbase posted up pictures on their media accounts, of their race car and invited people, mainly kids, to come up with their own liveries as a way if passing the time during lockdown. As the team is without a title sponsor, it won't upset any title sponsors. To my knowledge no other BTCC team has set a challenge.
For whatever reason this person chose Rich Energy. Perhaps he is courting them as a sponsor for himself, who knows. But that is as far as the connection with Motorbase goes.
Thanks for that - just seen the instagram stuff from Motorbase.

Motorbase must be deluded if they think anyone would believe that Toby Davis' design is an entry to their livery competition. He doesn't tag them at all, and it doesn't use their template.

As I suggested, it might all just be a coincidence. Probably will turn out to be just that.
But - in the absence of anything else - it makes for a worthy rumour to discuss?
Old 13 Apr 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3970594)   #5637
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
You are reading far too much in to the images dude
Old 13 Apr 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3970595)   #5638
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
You are reading far too much in to the images dude
And, dude?

It's all just a bit of speculation for discussion here, whilst there is not much else to talk about.

Initially presented as a talking point, which some seemed to really try and hard to 'defend' Motorbase from.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3970632)   #5639
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Look at it another way. You got people talking. They just don't agree with you. Dude.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 19:53 (Ref:3970633)   #5640
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Look at it another way. You got people talking. They just don't agree with you. Dude.
OK. Dude.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 19:55 (Ref:3970634)   #5641
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Cool, dude.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3970637)   #5642
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 13 Apr 2020, 20:27 (Ref:3970639)   #5643
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Old 14 Apr 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3970742)   #5644
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I like the idea of the BTCC putting old races on, but why can we not view them "on demand" etc? If I go to the link now, there is nothing there.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3970745)   #5645
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I like the idea of the BTCC putting old races on, but why can we not view them "on demand" etc? If I go to the link now, there is nothing there.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5269
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3970805)   #5646
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Who remembers the AMD plan to replace the Golf with an Astra?

https://www.racecar-engineering.com/...ia-enter-btcc/
I think they also intended to run a Super 2000 Ford Focus that same year.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3970808)   #5647
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Hi,

I have tried 4-5 of those links but I cant get any one of them to work. Do they just open in a regular web browser or do you require some kind of app or login etc?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3970834)   #5648
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Hi,

I have tried 4-5 of those links but I cant get any one of them to work. Do they just open in a regular web browser or do you require some kind of app or login etc?
https://www.itv.com/btcc/btcc-2015-races is 2015.

Change the year in the link to change the year.
(2015 is as early as they go)
Old 15 Apr 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3970985)   #5649
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://www.team-hard.com/team-hard-...sing-campaign/
Old 16 Apr 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3971080)   #5650
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
With the Tour de France now rescheduled to 29 Aug - 20 Sep, could that have an effect on BTCC's plans. Part of the reason for the BTCC's summer break is because ITV4 also cover the TdF - look up previous year's viewer numbers if you are wondering why ITV4 give preference to TdF.

At this point the only clash is Knockhill on 30/08 but I think we can expect the BTCC schedule to change as they try to make up for lost meetings.

EDIT: Add in the French Tennis Open (24 Sep - 04 Oct), which is also covered by ITV4