Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 26 Jul 2003, 17:35 (Ref:671983)   #1
I am Tifosi
Rookie

I am Tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gravel Trap re-opening

Any ideas on when (or if) the Gravel Trap will re-open?
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:02 (Ref:672007)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The Gravel Trap is not going to reopen.

But a replacemnt will open...

Soon

An announcement will be made in due course.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:14 (Ref:672020)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bugger!!!

Things were so peaceful round here too.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:17 (Ref:672026)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-i can see how incendiary topics could cause apprehension of it being around, but what caused the Gravel trp to close
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:42 (Ref:672051)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
We took the decision that the Gravel Trap needed a change of direction if it were to become more fun to use as well as more welcoming and inclusive.

That is all that needs to be said on the matter - as stated in the original announcement we are not going to get into a debate on this. However the overwhelming opinion of our users, voiced via email, has been very supportive of this course of action.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 19:03 (Ref:672067)   #6
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Question about "replacement for Gravel Trap"

Will the new forum allow (delayed continuation of the) threads about the 10-tenths-members who lost their jobs recently, and our efforts in finding a new job?

In this particular case, "using Google to find another place for those threads" doesn't sound like a good idea, because most of us would probably end up at different places. And the fact that we were all 10-tenths members was what made that thread so special ...

Or is the replacement forum only meant for fun threads?
Old 26 Jul 2003, 19:08 (Ref:672068)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gawd knows why I'm interested but have a look at this answer.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=41504

I think it says "no more questions".

I bet you were one of those kids who just had to peek at the pressies before Xmas day. Or in your case "Black Peter's" day? Apologies, Don, if I've got that wrong.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 00:08 (Ref:672235)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Don K, thats a very good question, but as Craig has mentioned, we are'nt discussing anything in the publi forums.

I would invite everyone though (especially good questions and suggestions like that DonK) to email Craig via the link in the Gravel Trap to close thread.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 21:46 (Ref:675778)   #9
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
new gravel trap or whatever it's gonna be called!

any chance we can have a date on when something similar is gonna be put into place? I know you've said that there may be plans but I think we should be given a rough date. I'm missing it big time, I know from PM's that I'm not the only one, and have been forced to defect (temporarily hopefully!) to another motorsport forum!

Last edited by Francesca; 30 Jul 2003 at 21:47.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 21:52 (Ref:675789)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
When it's ready...

All we can say at present but hopefully soon.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 22:02 (Ref:675806)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why go to another motorsport forum??

There's still plenty of motorsprt to discuss here!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 04:11 (Ref:675941)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Could we, please, at least have one thread in the F1 forum entitled : The Fun Thread where we can discuss just fun stuff?
Old 31 Jul 2003, 04:37 (Ref:675949)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
If there is any fun left in F1 nowadays, sure As long as it is related to F1.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:05 (Ref:676990)   #14
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 spelt backwards is FUN.

Hang on - no it isn't!

Not spelt forwards either.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 11:10 (Ref:677038)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, its Eno Alumrof.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 18:57 (Ref:677404)   #16
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The big hush-hush

Why is there a big hush-hush whenever GT is mentioned?????

There are many unanswered questions. Also why was it closed BEFORE the new one was ready, thats bad management.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 19:34 (Ref:677436)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
When it's ready...

All we can say at present but hopefully soon.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 02:37 (Ref:677635)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hakkiperson, might I avise you to read the proviso above more carefully and then be patient.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 22:39 (Ref:683330)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I am delighted to announce that the replacement is now in place. Visit http://www.parcferme.com/ for full details!

Enjoy.