Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Dec 2007, 10:58 (Ref:2089387)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another club single-seater series - Formula Triple S

I see that there is going to be another entry level single seater series launched (in a modest way) in 2008.
Quote:
The distinctively-styled Speads RM08 will be the car of choice for a new BARC-supported one-make single-seater series called Formula Triple S, which will run a selected programme of meetings throughout 2008, before expanding to a full season in 2009.

The 2008 Formula Triple S calendar includes events at Pembrey, Mallory Park, Anglesey and Lydden. The track activity schedule will be one 20-minute qualifying session, followed by one 20-minute race each day during a two-day meeting, while there will be a single 20-minute qualifying session followed by two 20-minute races during one-day events.
See http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...14/073574.html for some more details.

What do you think this will do for club meetings?

Regards

Jim
Old 15 Dec 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2089441)   #2
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
SPBRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not another series to only have a few cars in. when will the MSA learn.

Also I think someone needs to check what they are publishing as that is not the SPEADS RM08 but the new english built JKS JR08.
www.jkscars.co.uk Trust me they are very different cars in the skin and under.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 13:15 (Ref:2089459)   #3
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course, it appears that's not the only car allowed in.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2090021)   #4
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was the need for this championship?

The cars are expensive near twice the price of the Honda 600 or Jedi 600 or what ever they where called and have they got a championship now?

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 16 Dec 2007, 18:47 (Ref:2090031)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I echo the above - is there really a need for it?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 20:05 (Ref:2090050)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With single seater series struggling...I don't think so.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2090122)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ho hum. More of the same. We have categories that cover this area. If they really want to compete, build an FF1600 and let's see if it's any good. I don't think I'll rush to marshal it.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:26 (Ref:2092722)   #8
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could almost excuse this if it was a club that didn't already have a formula suitable for drivers starting down the route of single seaters, but they have BARC FR, and two classic single seater formulas with and without slicks and wings, so why do it? Jobs for the boys?
When I think about it I suspect that every club already has formulas which fit into this bracket, so the end effect can only be dillution of existing formulas or failure of the new one to get started, in other words, there are only losers.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:34 (Ref:2092731)   #9
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a crazy championship. It says that drives are available from £40k per season but who would pay that to go to the tin pot circuits they are going to!!! You may as well spend a little bit more and do BARC Renault!!!

If they got 3 cars I would be suprised
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:59 (Ref:2092762)   #10
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
It is a crazy championship. It says that drives are available from £40k per season but who would pay that to go to the tin pot circuits they are going to!!! You may as well spend a little bit more and do BARC Renault!!!

If they got 3 cars I would be suprised
It would be possible to get a drive for well under that amount in the BARC Renault club class, and in a few cases in the FR2000 class if they were prepared to gamble with a newcomer team.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2092932)   #11
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never understand why people bother creating new and not needed championships. Like you guys say: isn't there enough already?

Maybe somebody thinks he is going to get rich quickly that way.
Another series that the marshals are going to look out for.