Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2000, 02:30 (Ref:53407)   #1
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help!!! Does anyone out there know anything about or have an opinion on a British Racing publication called F1 NEWS ?

The FOSA (Formula One Spectators Association of Beverly Hills, California) Race Bulletin that I subscribe to has gone out of business. George Goad and Paula Lauesen will no longer provide us Yank F1 fans with their great Race Bulletin.... but in their fairwell letter to us subscribers George recommended F1 NEWS.

"If you miss the FOSA reports, and the snide humor therein, the best we can offer as a substitute is F1 NEWS, our favoritie British publication. They've been our mates for years and they think the same way - sort of, given that they're British - so you'd probably like them. Plus, they've got color photos, in-depth articles and all the other things that we could never offer."

George goes on to tell us that the magazine has 22 airmailed issues a year and is published out of Bristol.... and will set me back more than a few $$$$$.

I have never heard of F1 NEWS..... if you have, please let me know what ya think of it..... I would appreciate ANY info.

Thanks..... Happy Holidays and take care all...

Murph
Old 20 Dec 2000, 21:03 (Ref:53523)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I sometimes read F1 News, and while it's not the best F1 magazine that you can find, it's quite a humorous one. There's a column in every issue called 'Eff One' and it basically makes fun of everything going on in F1 at the time. I seem to recall that after the Austrian GP this year, Eff One said that "Ralf Schumacher stopped more times than a Shoppa-Hoppa bus service for the elderly". I have read better F1 magazines, but I've also read worse.

In general, I think it's quite a good magazine, but magazines like Autosport are definitely better for news. F1 News is better for the humorous side of things.