Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2024, 11:55 (Ref:4209275)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2024

I'm off to Nepal for a week, so will be away for this one. Enjoy the race!
Old 17 May 2024, 13:14 (Ref:4209282)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ferrari on top in FP1. Good start for the locals
Old 17 May 2024, 13:23 (Ref:4209283)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm off to Nepal for a week, so will be away for this one. Enjoy the race!
Nice! Hopefully this is pleasure vs. business. Have fun!

Richard
Old 18 May 2024, 13:37 (Ref:4209395)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was looking forward to this, being the first European race on the calendar but unfortunately I won't be able to watch the race live, so it will have to be highlights on C4. At least I'll get to watch qualifying live, which I tend to find more exciting than the race.
Old 18 May 2024, 14:21 (Ref:4209397)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso out in Q1 after another off track excursion. Bad day at the office there.

Great day for Hulkenberg though!
Old 18 May 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4209406)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a great Q3. Verstappen pulled a superb lap right at the end, with the Mclarens only just behind, both within one tenth. Whether Piastri gets to keep his second place though is with the stewards after potentially impeding Magnussen in Q1.
Old 18 May 2024, 15:08 (Ref:4209407)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pole for Super Max, equals Ayrton Sena's 8 consecutive poles and a great performance from Oscar Piastri to get on the front row. Good to see Yuki Tsunoda and Danny Ric get both RBs into 7th and 9th.
Old 18 May 2024, 19:46 (Ref:4209432)   #8
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Piastri given three place grid penalty for impeding Magnusson. What a shame, but rules are rules.
Old 18 May 2024, 19:58 (Ref:4209434)   #9
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Pole for Super Max, equals Ayrton Sena's 8 consecutive poles and a great performance from Oscar Piastri to get on the front row. Good to see Yuki Tsunoda and Danny Ric get both RBs into 7th and 9th.
That's now 7 poles out of 7 for Max this season but both McLaren cars looked good and we may see some competition from them for the race win in tomorrow's race.
Old 19 May 2024, 13:12 (Ref:4209496)   #10
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
7 laps in and Super Max is 1.8s ahead.

I'm going to the pub. I'll watch the race later on.

(Actually I'm going to B&Q, but the pub sounds better).
Old 19 May 2024, 13:59 (Ref:4209504)   #11
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some nice passes by Yuki so far. Poor Williams. Looks like they are running Albon to just gather data?

Max was up late last night running Nurburgring with his esports racing team. Maybe he will take a nap after he wins this race!

Richard
Old 19 May 2024, 19:45 (Ref:4209541)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
enjoyed that race for the actual fight to the finish makes a change to have a close race
Old 19 May 2024, 20:59 (Ref:4209576)   #13
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The last eight or nine laps lifted the race a lot.Until then it was nothing special and I look forward to seeing the reasons for Alonso's very lacklustre performance.
Old 19 May 2024, 21:20 (Ref:4209588)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I've yet to watch the race highlights on C4 but I see Stroll finished 9th, his second best result so far.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 (Ref:4209629)   #15
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yawn fest really. Pity there wasnt another 5 laps, might have mad for a interesting finish
Old Yesterday, 05:16 (Ref:4209630)   #16
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come back Martin, that had to be the most cringeworthy grid walk ever. And please hurry because Karun is not m cup of tea by a long shot
Old Yesterday, 10:26 (Ref:4209649)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still on the first page, says it all about that race. It was all pretty tedious until the last few laps which thankfully raised it to some degree. A few more laps would have been very tasty indeed.

Yuki Tsunoda performed way above expectation in qually and even the honey sloth got himself into Q3, so it was looking very good for the team formerly known as Toro Rosso. The race wasn't quite so great for them but Yuki was still going well, especially early on. I still rate him as the best prospect for the Number 2 seat at Red Bull next year.

Mercedes could have pitted both cars near the end and let them both have a bash at fastest lap. But instead they only brought in Russell so he lost one point for position and gained one for fastest lap. Meanwhile Hamilton gained one for position. My first thought was they are now favouring Russell but the arithmetic says no. Did they think only Russell had the wherewithal to set the fastest lap? Did they not want the risk of both drivers fighting over the fastest lap?
Old Yesterday, 10:51 (Ref:4209651)   #18
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
When the commentators started speculating about bringing Hamilton in, my thoughts were that it would be stupid to risk any potential pit-stop hiccup when Perez clearly wasn't going to catch the Merc, and as Hamilton was running about a second a lap quicker than Russell, if they brought anyone in it should be Russell......and so it proved.

Overall as said a somewhat processional race as tyre management was a priority, but there was no doubt that Verstappen was under pressure and had to work for it - whether Norris could have got top spot can be debated, but it was a fascinating last 10 laps or so. Perez again failed to cover himself in glory - partly due to the strategy, but it was his job to make it work......
Old Yesterday, 14:10 (Ref:4209681)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Why can’t they make the working operating tyre temperature wider? Why does it have to be so narrow? I can’t imagine the old Bridgestone slicks of 2009 or even the Michelins ran at such a finickity temp sensitive rate