Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Nov 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2580889)   #1
belter
Rookie

belter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevrolet Cruze Cup comes to UK

Been told by someone today a UK company is to build and run the Chevrolet Cruze Cup here in UK. Should be in Motorsport News next week!! Cars around £17k ready to race great Idea???
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2581254)   #2
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do we need another series? Probably of 8 cars or less.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2581300)   #3
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that there are actually more series coming for 2010 than ever... would have thawt that in these financial times the opposite would be true? Off the top of my head there is already Junior Formula Ford, Autosport Young Guns, Pro 1000 (or whatever its called), Junior Fiestas, Mitsubishi Evo Cup, a new MR2 series, Fiat 500's, etc, etc...
Old 13 Nov 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2581590)   #4
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on liam mcmillans facebook page hes put that hes got (or is involved obv...) the contract to build 20 cruzes for the series.

in all honesty although there does seem to be a ton of new series kicking off potentialy there is a gap for this one. since the demise of the seat cupra cup theres been a gap between the natural steps in the tourer ladder. only time, budgets and bum on seats will tell.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2582030)   #5
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would be fab if they could get onto the ToCA programme.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2585721)   #6
Matt Speakman
Rookie

Matt Speakman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.cruzecup.com
Old 20 Nov 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2585728)   #7
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
141 bhp - how will you control yourself Matt?
Old 20 Nov 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2585732)   #8
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it supports touring cars, it will possibly work, (but i don't think BTCC will want a series rather then a championship supporting BTCC, plus the first year always brings uncertainty.

If it supports '(not very)great and (not very) British' then it will be like the CSL cup and have <8 starters.

Yet another un needed series really.....

Will be boring to watch like most series with modern cars, e.g clios - as they don't move about as much as older cars.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2585804)   #9
Matt Speakman
Rookie

Matt Speakman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
If it supports touring cars, it will possibly work, (but i don't think BTCC will want a series rather then a championship supporting BTCC, plus the first year always brings uncertainty.

If it supports '(not very)great and (not very) British' then it will be like the CSL cup and have <8 starters.

Yet another un needed series really.....

Will be boring to watch like most series with modern cars, e.g clios - as they don't move about as much as older cars.

Personally I think the opposite - its one make racing &, excluding the car, costs should be reasonable. With the car being reasonably basic it should also prove simple to maintain. Close affordable one-make racing
Old 21 Nov 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2586606)   #10
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it gets off the ground, as something along these lines is just what's needed to fill the Vectra Challenge/Leon Super Cup gap between Clios and the BTCC. In terms of both budget and as a training ground for touring cars.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2587060)   #11
belter
Rookie

Any Championship or Series should be welcomed if supported by a manufacturer looking at the car costs its different as its manufacturers budget based so even better.
The cars 141 BHP quoted is standard but talking with Liam that is expected to increase a fair bit on the finished product
For me I cannot wait and Liam has said they have had alot of interest
Old 22 Nov 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2587384)   #12
GroupOfOne
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belter View Post
For me I cannot wait and Liam has said they have had alot of interest
I bet they have! I'd imagine a lot of the likes of McDowell and the top clio drivers could be looking at it.

We have a plethora of single seater feeder series, it's about time we got a decent 'junior' touring car series to develop some drivers.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2589874)   #13
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yet another unnessesary one make series, why wont manufacturers enter an existing series and race each other. There can not be any credibility in winning their own series.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2589879)   #14
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Yet another unnessesary one make series, why wont manufacturers enter an existing series and race each other. There can not be any credibility in winning their own series.
Does the series have backing from Chevrolet? The only reason I ask is that it is not mentioned on the website.

Notwithstanding such things, I'd agree with your point that participating as a seperate class within an existing series would be a good starting point, unless a full grid can be generated for 2010.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2591157)   #15
belter
Rookie

If you read the article in Motorsport News last week you would have seen the piece by by Chevrolet !!!!!!!Also looks like they may be joining Best of British
Old 29 Nov 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2591419)   #16
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Because of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
We have a plethora of single seater feeder series, it's about time we got a decent 'junior' touring car series to develop some drivers.
rbs, you can't expect F3 drivers to seat in a Super 2000 (let mention a more powerful DTM) and fight for podiums just like that. Drivers must learn to drive these heavier, bigger cars, and the best way to do that is in one-make series. Of course, too many similar categories will cause trouble.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2592287)   #17
GroupOfOne
Racer

http://twitpic.com/rp9o4

Picture of the ADAC Cruze Cup car.

The Chevvy WTCC twitter also reveals that Rob Huff is "spearheading the effort to get the Cruze Cup going in the UK"
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2933824)   #18
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone kow anything about this series? Website does not work.Was mentioned briefly by WTCC comentator.Oschersleben round aparently won by lady called Justina who is girlfiend of WTCC driver.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2934037)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The UK series never happened, the original German series still exists - www.adac-cruze-cup.com

The race mentioned in today's WTCC coverage was actually 2x 25min non-championship event, normally it's a 4-hour, 2-driver race. The first race was won by Justine Monnier - racer, Eurosport pitlane reporter and girlfriend of Yvan Muller.
Old 5 Aug 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2936082)   #20
Petrol snifer
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Petrol snifer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
The UK series never happened, the original German series still exists - www.adac-cruze-cup.com

The race mentioned in today's WTCC coverage was actually 2x 25min non-championship event, normally it's a 4-hour, 2-driver race. The first race was won by Justine Monnier - racer, Eurosport pitlane reporter and girlfriend of Yvan Muller.
Justine was race in the Chevrolet Europe VIP car whis is running trough maurer motorsport. She did a fantastic race as she was not in a race car since 6 years, not running on the Oschersleben track at all and never seating in a Cruze Cup car before! www.maurer-swiss.ch
Old 6 Aug 2011, 08:46 (Ref:2936377)   #21
robhollyman
Racer

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
robhollyman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol snifer View Post
Justine was race in the Chevrolet Europe VIP car whis is running trough maurer motorsport. She did a fantastic race as she was not in a race car since 6 years, not running on the Oschersleben track at all and never seating in a Cruze Cup car before! www.maurer-swiss.ch
that shows the standard of the entry then.
Old 6 Aug 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2936379)   #22
Petrol snifer
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Petrol snifer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by robhollyman View Post
that shows the standard of the entry then.
Thats in fact not true; I found out that there where very quick drivers in that serie (Nicola Larini, Alain Menu, etc.) Fact is that does cars need another drivestyle as a "proper" race car. Unfortunately the form of the races for the ADAC Cruze Cup are most 4 hours races which the cars are not made for. After I study the victory of Justine Monnier and after I seen some pictures, it was a very quick and proper race of Justine. I'm sure if the serie would be promoted right and the platform would be anotherone they would have big success!