Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Jun 2010, 07:09 (Ref:2720194)   #1076
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least we have a confirmed support race as of today....the Ford Transit Trophy.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2720234)   #1077
NickC
Rookie

NickC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
At least we have a confirmed support race as of today....the Ford Transit Trophy.
I really really hope that is a joke?

I was just about to ask if anyone knew about the support races, as my father and I will be attending. Already disappointed (though not surprised) about the depleted entry list.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2720239)   #1078
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Should be like a re-run of The Sweeney
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2720249)   #1079
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC View Post

I was just about to ask if anyone knew about the support races, as my father and I will be attending. Already disappointed (though not surprised) about the depleted entry list.
http://img2.autosport1.nl/cms/images...ransit_cup.jpg
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2720252)   #1080
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
They should admit them in the main event, should spice things up a notch...
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2720258)   #1081
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
They should admit them in the main event, should spice things up a notch...
With the likes of John McDonald, Mike Youles and Rob Schirle involved.............would be like the old days of the ELMS
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2720337)   #1082
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Entrylist for Portimao

Guess that's a preview on next year's non-Intercontinental Cup-rounds...
No BMW's on the list in GT2, that is kind of disappointing.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2720340)   #1083
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Sorry your majesty - Its something different and its not another single seater snoozefest. Im sure if you have the wedge you can fund something better

Apart from truck racing Transit racing should be the only motorsport series where diesels are permitted
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2720343)   #1084
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Firth View Post
Glad you noticed Bentley and rdjones! Looking forward to seeing you at Oulton Park then.
Hey Jody .... did you ever get my PM with the info for the ALMS GTR2 downloads that you were looking for ?
Old 30 Jun 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2720371)   #1085
NickC
Rookie

NickC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Sorry your majesty - Its something different and its not another single seater snoozefest. Im sure if you have the wedge you can fund something better

Apart from truck racing Transit racing should be the only motorsport series where diesels are permitted
What the flap is that meant to mean!

I'm not interested in single seaters either. Nothing I asked implied I was.

One thing I do know though, having followed sportscars all around the world, is that one support race (for vans no less) does not seem, well, very good.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2720375)   #1086
Jody Firth
Rookie

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Jody Firth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Badger, yes I did thank you very much. I've not had chance yet to study it and get racing!! The races I have been doing this year have kept me planty busy enough. I will get round to racing virtually, maybe during the winter.

How is your championship going?
Old 30 Jun 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2720398)   #1087
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Glad you noticed Bentley and rdjones! Looking forward to seeing you at Oulton Park then.
.......hopefully see you at Silverstone (LMS/LMIC) in September?

Good luck to Warren and you for Portimao!
Old 30 Jun 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2720403)   #1088
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
only 4 LMP1 for Algarve ! Creation, Zytek, Pescarolo... every body is gone
Old 30 Jun 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2720405)   #1089
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
No BMW's on the list in GT2, that is kind of disappointing.
Perhaps their participation at the Spa 24 Hours some 2 weeks later may have something to do with it. The logistics of getting the cars back and prepared for a 24 Hour race in the time available would tax even a team as good as Schnitzer.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2720461)   #1090
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
only 4 LMP1 for Algarve ! Creation, Zytek, Pescarolo... every body is gone
Sad state of affairs isn't it?

I had the feeling of an age passing coming up to Le Mans this year, and then the fantastic race changed the tenor completely, perhaps Portimao sums up the real current state of affairs for 2010 a bit better.

DSC puts it neatly, in questioning the location and the timing - just like I believe Karim Ojeh has. The LMS was founded on the basis of long races at classic well established tracks (in the way the FIA SCC didn't) and one can't help thinking that Portimao and Budapest are blind alleys - sure new tracks have to build heritage from somewhere, but is this really the best approach? Whither Monza and Nurburgring (and yes, I know the noise and no attendance arguments, and I concede that I haven't been to either, despite having had the opportunity every once in a while)?

To be fair, the Iberian economies aren't having the best of times, so perhaps hard to sell the B2B business that sportscars rely on, and for next year there looks like a lot to look forward to in LMP1, but this is a bit of a teeth sucking entry list. If it doesn't grow questions really should be asked about what approach is being taken.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2720466)   #1091
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

To be fair, the Iberian economies aren't having the best of times, so perhaps hard to sell the B2B business that sportscars rely on, and for next year there looks like a lot to look forward to in LMP1, but this is a bit of a teeth sucking entry list. If it doesn't grow questions really should be asked about what approach is being taken.
Traditionally Spain and Portugal love 2 wheels more than 4 and although Alonso has changed that for F1 there is no reason for the interest to filter to other disciplines.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2720487)   #1092
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Traditionally Spain and Portugal love 2 wheels more than 4 and although Alonso has changed that for F1 there is no reason for the interest to filter to other disciplines.
Granted, there is the love for bikes in that part of the world, but there does seem to be a strange gravity for sportscars in Iberia that never really seems to pay off. I remember the Group C double headers at Jerez and Jarama, which went nowhere, the FIA SCC tried at the likes of Estoril, which went nowhere, and now with the LMS we've had Jarama, Valencia, Barcelona, and Portimao, and despite the fleeting Epsilon Euzkadi, Q8, and Ibanez interest, had little back in terms of entrants and nothing in terms of spectator interest.

You have to wonder about the propensity the LMS has for flogging a dead horse in this case.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2720527)   #1093
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Nick. So far the only support race scheduled is the Ford Transit Trophy.

No other events planned. Mind you that the LMS race is on Saturday, not Sunday.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2720799)   #1094
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Not quite so...

Portuguese fans love autosport much more than motorcycling. The problem is that they only care about F1 (Alonso has nothing to do with it, at least here in Portugal) and a little bit of Rally...
Old 1 Jul 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2720803)   #1095
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
The LMS was founded on the basis of long races at classic well established tracks (in the way the FIA SCC didn't) and one can't help thinking that Portimao and Budapest are blind alleys - sure new tracks have to build heritage from somewhere, but is this really the best approach?
Portimão and Budapest are two very different tracks...

Portimão race in 2009 was one of the most exciting of the season. Besides that, Portimão is actually one the best new circuits in the world. Has the best of the old days tracks with today's security.

So, if you want to concentrate all races and all teams in central Europe, go ahead... portuguese ASM Team have to travel bigger distances in order to do all LMS season, but a central Europe based team doesn't have the money to travel so far as Portugal? C'mon...
Old 1 Jul 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2720807)   #1096
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I recall Hindy saying that it is a very nice track and road to it also, but that it lacked supporting infrastructure, cafe, hotel etc.. Also that car rental was sub-par and expensive. Hopefully those things have and will be addressed to entice more participation from all!

L.P.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2720862)   #1097
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Portimão and Budapest are two very different tracks...

Portimão race in 2009 was one of the most exciting of the season. Besides that, Portimão is actually one the best new circuits in the world. Has the best of the old days tracks with today's security.

So, if you want to concentrate all races and all teams in central Europe, go ahead... portuguese ASM Team have to travel bigger distances in order to do all LMS season, but a central Europe based team doesn't have the money to travel so far as Portugal? C'mon...
I hear what you're saying. I enjoyed following Portimao in a slightly bitty way last year, and what I've seen of the track looks exciting. Budget's no excuse for not crossing the Pyrenees - and actually having a Portuguese race probably is a just reward for ASM's commitment, but the point does have to be made that there's a problem with Portimao this year. Is it the timing? Is it making it a night race? Is it the promotion? I don't know - sure it could become a classic if it could be pushed a bit, but it needs something doesn't it?
Old 1 Jul 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2720867)   #1098
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would love it to work as the track looks good - but facts are facts and currently it is the poorest supported track from any entry point of view. I dont know where it sits with regards to spectators.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2720904)   #1099
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hi Badger, yes I did thank you very much. I've not had chance yet to study it and get racing!! The races I have been doing this year have kept me planty busy enough. I will get round to racing virtually, maybe during the winter.

How is your championship going?
LMAO ..... to be honest it sucks . I got to do nights sometimes , and then you lose out massivily . Be the same for next season I expect .

But what the hell , we got some aliens out there , and the best I would only ever be a mid fielder anyway . But the whole porpose is fun , and when I wreck , it doesnt cost .

Glad you have the mod .

Im planning a 4 hour , 44 car , P1 , P2 , GT1 and GT2 race at Le Mans for this year . If your interested , you would be made welcome . But you may not get your choice , cuz your an outsider !!! ..... if you know what I mean .

Anyway ..... you could probably start at the back of the grid and still win ..... with your standards .

Best of luck in your new ride ..... hope she works well mate .
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2720936)   #1100
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The time of year for Portimão is not good. It's high season, with accommodation at its highest of the year so it's not cheap going over.
It hasn't helped the race that it was added just when the economy went into a funk but I can understand lemans.pt's point about ASM vs. the central european teams.

If you look at 2007, Nurburgring was on July 1st and it got an entry of 50 cars. Unfortunately, the central european teams are not full of money at the moment and for sure the first race they'll cancel on their agendas is the one furthest from them.

The post-LM syndrome is probably another cause but I think the economy is the biggest problem.
I've never been to the track. I haven't given up hope of driving down there for race day, but I fear this may be the last race for a while there for some of the wrong reasons. If it had appeared on the calendar at a different time, it wouldn't have suffered such a fate I think. Even so last year the turn out wasn't so bad (35) and it is still strange to see a race in this peninsula in July/Aug. Spain and Portugal are more acustomed to racing early or late season.
Daytime racing is especially difficult with the hot summer heat, so I'm only a bit shocked at the support programme. Just very surprised, they could only get a van race.