Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Sep 2007, 22:54 (Ref:2009807)   #101
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Clarkson was there when he got out
Not at the Scene though. Unless he has started Marshalling
Old 12 Sep 2007, 00:45 (Ref:2009848)   #102
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Low numbers, well i was on holiday for day one. That was one down.

And let's not compare the sun to journalism guys. As a Liverpool fan, ok I'm biased, but it is s**t.

Congrats Malcolm Edeson: fast becoming a favourite!
Old 12 Sep 2007, 07:56 (Ref:2009937)   #103
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Not at the Scene though. Unless he has started Marshalling
Although I hesitate to defend what was a world class piece of bad journalism it doesn't say anywhere that he was at the scene of the accident, merely that it was when he got out of the car - ie when the car came back - and he was
Old 12 Sep 2007, 08:44 (Ref:2009962)   #104
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Although I hesitate to defend what was a world class piece of bad journalism it doesn't say anywhere that he was at the scene of the accident, merely that it was when he got out of the car - ie when the car came back - and he was
This was true I was in the pitlane when he got back, the fuss was obvious for all to see!

He may have hit the mosler but the car was shunted in the rear by the Viper which took much less time to repair than the BM which was shut away in the garage for about two hours! (may not have been the same incident, but I was rather tired by this time!)
Old 12 Sep 2007, 11:20 (Ref:2010064)   #105
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's actually very true. I guess my excuse was a) I hate tabloids and b) I was tired. Yeah that's it I was tired!
Old 12 Sep 2007, 12:38 (Ref:2010124)   #106
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Its about time someone gave the TG guys a bit of race drive training- they seem to crash an awful lot.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 20:04 (Ref:2010450)   #107
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Its about time someone gave the TG guys a bit of race drive training- they seem to crash an awful lot.
Really? Which other races have they crashed in?

One incident in 24 hours, which happened at night, in heavy traffic. That's not bad for three complete amateurs in a slow car, amongst pro teams like Duller, Rollcentre, Chad and us, who really weren't taking any prisoners at all in effing quick cars compared to a diesel BMW road car.

Clarkson only got his race licence a couple of days before the event, so he did a grand job just staying out of the way. May did very well too, as did Hammond.

People underestimate how hard it can be for the guys in the slow cars and how scary it can be out there. The speed differentials are huge - at the end of Hanger they start to brake while we're still accelerating at 150+mph.

Our drivers did have the occasional grumble on the radio about a couple of cars, but the TG one was never mentioned.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 20:08 (Ref:2010454)   #108
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And let's not compare the sun to journalism guys. As a Liverpool fan, ok I'm biased, but it is s**t.

Can I be the first to complain at the insinuation that only scousers can hate the Sun?

Fantastic race & well done to all who took part - I still say we should ignore the weather gods (they must be NASCAR fans LOL)
Old 12 Sep 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2010576)   #109
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Can i find results anywhere?

Cause ive tried, and cant find any
Old 12 Sep 2007, 23:41 (Ref:2010658)   #110
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can i find results anywhere?

Cause ive tried, and cant find any
If you click here and go to page 181 you'll get the overall classification. The list of non classified cars continues onto page 182.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 23:51 (Ref:2010664)   #111
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And it goes without saying that DSC has a nice provisional results list too.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2011700)   #112
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great event again, enjoyed every minute. Wore my friend out completely! We stayed up a lot of the night, getting some kip at 3. Woke at 6 to find the race stopped due to some rather bad fog! The TG guys got a great welcome from the crowd at the end, as did that yellow Marcos for crawling across the line. Excellence from Duller again.

Small crowd again, why always do it on the same weekend at the WSR? We live about 15 minutes from Donington, the queue on Saturday morning was bad, and we just missed the stand still on Sunday evening too!

After much delay my pictures can be seen here

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 13 Sep 2007, 21:30 (Ref:2011952)   #113
phatphoto
Rookie

United Kingdom
phatphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos from the support races now added:

Dutch Super Cars http://www.phatphoto.com/phatgallery...php?cat_id=209
Britsports http://www.phatphoto.com/phatgallery...php?cat_id=211
Duratec http://www.phatphoto.com/phatgallery...php?cat_id=210
Porsches http://www.phatphoto.com/phatgallery...php?cat_id=212

Britcar 24hr gallery http://www.phatphoto.com/phatgallery...php?cat_id=208
Old 6 Dec 2007, 01:29 (Ref:2082535)   #114
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For anyone whos interested there is a 2 hour highlight programme for this years Silverstone 24 hours on Sky Sports 2 today from 10am-12pm and repeated again at 3pm-5pm on Sky Sports 2. Should be good, nice to see the event is getting more coverage.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 08:20 (Ref:2082617)   #115
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watch the highlight's on Sky last night, they are well worth a watch. I have to say this one of the best event's I attended this year, its just a shame it clashes with the final round of the BTCC at Brands next year.