Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: How Many Times Have You Been to the Le Mans 24 Hours?
Never 16 22.86%
Once 3 4.29%
2-5 times 15 21.43%
6-10 times 9 12.86%
11-15 times 9 12.86%
16-20 times 5 7.14%
20+ 13 18.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Oct 2001, 10:36 (Ref:156658)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How Many Times Have You Been to the Le Mans 24 Hours

How many times (if at all) have you been to the Le Mans 24 Hours?
Old 6 Oct 2001, 11:23 (Ref:156670)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been every year since 1990. Oh that's not true. I missed 1992. My Dad and I have been going since I was 14. Just got to see the last Jag win! So that's 11.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 13:55 (Ref:156730)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1978 was the first time, every year since bar 3.

Started with Page & Moy coach trips, we now drive down 2/3 cars on Wednesday and back Monday.

Simon
Old 6 Oct 2001, 23:31 (Ref:156903)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never .

I will one day though.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 10:43 (Ref:157397)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cinque. 1997-2001 inclusive. Plus PQ for the last couple of years. The 2002 plan is to make it a triple-header - PQ, 24hrs and the Historic Festival in September.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 11:15 (Ref:157405)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have never been to Le Mans, but have watching and now with the power of the internet I have been following it for years (I am sat here listening to this year race @ the momment).

But I am planning to get out there this year, not sure how yet it all depends in the finances (I am a Uni student) maybe Page&Moy bus tour or maybe for the week.

But I will be there next year to see the Bentley's beat the Audi's I hope
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:18 (Ref:157475)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'd like to go, but I've never had the chance. i will definetely go in a few years time when I get the opportunity
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:12 (Ref:157955)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been twice and plan to go every year for the rest of my life. Now that I am a Sports Car Girl (I have officially abandoned F1, which is not racing but a sideshow) I could not miss the most important race of the sports car year. At Road Atlanta someone asked Pirro which he considered more important, his ALMS championship or the two wins at Le Mans, and he waxed lyrical about Le Mans for about 2 or 3 minutes. The guys love racing there. Everyone I talked to said it is his favourite track.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 12:34 (Ref:158003)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right on, Liz! Anyone who has never been just doesn't know what they're missing!

Old 11 Oct 2001, 21:46 (Ref:159363)   #10
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've been three times now, the first time it was myself, Aly('Hurricane') and our Vincent Hurricane kit car, we camped in the field behind the Chinese on the Mulsanne straight. We only found our way to that field because I spotted an old friend in his Dutton and followed him to the site!
The last two visits we have camped at Arnage corner, an exellent site if you want to stay close to the action- bit of a long way from the 'village' but never mind!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 22:44 (Ref:159408)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And I've been those last two times with my esteemed friends Phil and Aly!

Fully intending to do two trips next year - the 24 hours proper, and the Classic event, which I understand has just been pushed back to mid-September. Apparently the only date which they could close the roads AND avoid a clash with Goodwood, Coys or the Nurburgring Oldtimer.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2872005)   #12
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every year since 1989 bar 2009 because I was moving down under.

Alas as its now a 24 hour flight to get to Europe It won't be every year but will try to go as often as possible.

At least they show it on TV here and its more than a 30 sec snippet on the evening news when Jaguar / Bentley won.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2872024)   #13
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
"I figured out why I'm so fat. The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says, "for extra volume and body." Going to start using dishwashing soap. It says, "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove"

And I thought it was because I love food and hate exercise.
Dishwasher soap may be the answer
Old 30 Apr 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2872041)   #14
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not going this year, my daughter is at the age when she's taking exams at school.
We've been going since 1995 when my wife was pregnant with our daughter.
We missed 1997 when we got married. Going to miss it!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2872042)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
where did you dig this old thread up from

I think this year will be 26 but add 3 clasics aswell
Old 30 Apr 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2872045)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Crikey - I posted this in 2001!!!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2872052)   #17
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I may have to re-vote
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2872113)   #18
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
21 times including this year, 1991 ( epic year in my eyes ) was the first time I went there. Man how I cheered when the Merc got into trouble and the mazda went througt to win...
Also to be on the track when the race was finished was an awesome experience, still cherish the pictures of a Nissan rolling by just in front of me.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2872116)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, my figure was obviously different in 2001!

2011 will be my 26th - straight.....
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2872119)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
over 20 times, man Ayse we are addicts!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2872125)   #21
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had an un-interrupted run from 1998 to 2009, but with my school education finishing I may not be able to go for a while.

After that, I'll be having University exams too, not sure when I'll next go, and it kills me.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2872127)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
over 20 times, man Ayse we are addicts!

I've known that since 1986, my friend!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 18:03 (Ref:2872129)   #23
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Yes and don't you just love it, every year the best week of the year for me!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2872130)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Had an un-interrupted run from 1998 to 2009, but with my school education finishing I may not be able to go for a while.

After that, I'll be having University exams too, not sure when I'll next go, and it kills me.
I feel for you but when you finish it all, you can go whenever you like, Hold on to that!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2872133)   #25
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
29 for me this Year ,without any Break . We must be Crazy !!!!!!