Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Oct 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2973965)   #126
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just back from a business trip to Solesmes, not a million miles from Le Mans, and did the obligatory drive around as much of the track as possible this morning.

Great to be able to do it without crowds around and be able to focus on what the track is all about - and having a nice specced up Alfa Romeo Giuletta courtesy of Avis didn't hurt either. I've often held that deserted race track can be a morose place, but I might have to revise that opinion.

Can't wait to be back in June.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2974244)   #127
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Just back from a business trip to Solesmes, not a million miles from Le Mans, and did the obligatory drive around as much of the track as possible this morning.

Great to be able to do it without crowds around and be able to focus on what the track is all about - and having a nice specced up Alfa Romeo Giuletta courtesy of Avis didn't hurt either. I've often held that deserted race track can be a morose place, but I might have to revise that opinion.

Can't wait to be back in June.
You lucky b*stard!
Old 28 Oct 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2978186)   #128
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could be something interesting to look out for next year for bookshelves/coffee tables.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mans-Panoram...9805006&sr=8-1
Old 28 Oct 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2978197)   #129
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Could be something interesting to look out for next year for bookshelves/coffee tables.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mans-Panoram...9805006&sr=8-1
If this is the book in which this years ten tenths meeting might be included then I would like to buy one when available.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2978380)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it's certainly by the very same gi_gav who was snapping at our meeting - we need to find out!
Old 30 Oct 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2978943)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seem to be spending the time in between races bidding for LM annuals. I remember asking about them on here when I joined 14 months ago.

Just bought my 15th book! Picked up a '95 for £60 including postage. Quite happy with that but was in the mix for a '97 which went for £107!! Is that about right?

Anyway shouldn't be too long until the 2011 edition. Hoping for same quality but with less mistakes.
Old 30 Oct 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2978948)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've only ever bought one - 2003, which I picked up for less than a fiver brand new. I've avoided trying to buy any more as, much as I'd love t have them, I can't afford to start collecting them!
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2982003)   #133
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
A few rumours on twitter courtesy of GG about the possibility of Aston DBR9 GT1's competing in the Aston Festival. Would be great. Either way it should be a good addition to the race.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2991160)   #134
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Already posted in Armchair but just ordered my copy of the 2011 annual. Should take the tally up to 17 when it arrives on Monday!
Old 29 Nov 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2993118)   #135
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
2011 yearbook looks to be up to the same standard as previous years. Same layout as the 2010 book so nice and colourful.

Not started reading it yet but it will be interesting to see if they have worked on eradicating all the frustrating little errors. The fact that in the hourly race positions page the AF Corse 458 is highlighted as GTE-Pro winner doesn't exactly reassure me.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2993348)   #136
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
2011 yearbook looks to be up to the same standard as previous years. Same layout as the 2010 book so nice and colourful.

Not started reading it yet but it will be interesting to see if they have worked on eradicating all the frustrating little errors. The fact that in the hourly race positions page the AF Corse 458 is highlighted as GTE-Pro winner doesn't exactly reassure me.
I will tell you if it's a Teissedre's error or a translation problem. I am waiting for the book too, one of the most important post-24H event.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2993612)   #137
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I will tell you if it's a Teissedre's error or a translation problem. I am waiting for the book too, one of the most important post-24H event.
I've had a chance to look a bit further into it. The errors in all the recent annuals don't tend to stem from translations. They are simply annoying things like spelling driver names wrong.

If you look through the entry pages (which is one of my favourite parts) it is possible to find small errors/inconsistencies in near enough every driver.

An example is Sebastien Bourdais.
In 1999 he is listed as driving a Porsche 8911.
In 2000 a Courage C52-Peugeit
Someone has then copied and pasted that for the next two years without spotting the typo.
2001 he drove alongside Emmanuel Ciollard

That's just a very small example but it is riddled all the way through the British versions - for 10+ years!
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the books and will always buy them but to not even proof-read the book through is just inexcusable. How have they not been called out on that!?
Old 3 Jan 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3006904)   #138
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Reading up a bit on time spent in the pits from the 2011 race... and this race was damn well won through pitstops, but the closeness of the whole thing beggars belief. The #2 Audi won by those 13.854 seconds, but if the #9 Peugeot had spent the exact same amount of time in the pits... #2 spent 33m56s in the pits, #9 34m18s, #9 would have won with a gap of just about 8 seconds.

This race really was a case of "whoever blinks first loses". Bloody hell.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3006924)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And then there was the time Audi gained (or the Peugeot's lost - whichever was the case) with the Rockenfeller safety car period.....
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3020167)   #140
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Leftfield one for you - looks like I've got about an hour to kill at Le Mans station tomorrow.

Anyone got any suggestions for a decent coffee shop or similar in the area of the station that'll be a bit more salubrious than the standard station coffee shop?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3020193)   #141
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Leftfield one for you - looks like I've got about an hour to kill at Le Mans station tomorrow.

Anyone got any suggestions for a decent coffee shop or similar in the area of the station that'll be a bit more salubrious than the standard station coffee shop?
Why not pay a visit to the Le Mans Legend Cafe?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3020195)   #142
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Steal a car and have a run down Mulsanne
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3020206)   #143
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Cheers James - suspect Legends cafe might well be a starter - will let you know.

Astonishingly cold here in La Sarthe - colleague told me his BMW got a bit exciting on some of the country roads round here, so suspect I'll give the circuit a miss this time - leaving aside the whole car theft issue!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3020215)   #144
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cheers James - suspect Legends cafe might well be a starter - will let you know.
They serve slightly overpriced standard fare, decent enough, but the bonus is some interesting memorabilia for you to peruse.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3020220)   #145
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
They serve slightly overpriced standard fare, decent enough, but the bonus is some interesting memorabilia for you to peruse.
Just looked - would appear that they won't quite be open when I pass through Le Mans tomorrow morning (arrive from Sable-sur-Sarthe at 1009 and then head for Paris about 1130 - so missing Legends cafe by 15 minutes.

Something to save for next time I guess...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3020228)   #146
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Just looked - would appear that they won't quite be open when I pass through Le Mans tomorrow morning (arrive from Sable-sur-Sarthe at 1009 and then head for Paris about 1130 - so missing Legends cafe by 15 minutes.

Something to save for next time I guess...
Well, there's a bar/brasserie next to the Galaxie Hotel opposite the station (on the corner of the junction with Avenue du General Leclerc). My memory's poor, but I'm pretty sure that's the one I've seen Hugh Chamberlain in a few times over the years.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3022249)   #147
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=932&np=0

White Circuit
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3022298)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Slightly tricky conditions eh Walter?
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3022359)   #149
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Slightly tricky conditions eh Walter?
We need tracks in the pure white snow
Old 7 Feb 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3022500)   #150
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
National geographic have just released their list of top ten sporting events.LM 24 got 1st spot!
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com...orting-events/